Author Topic: Unconstitutional! Can we have our $1 Trillion back now?  (Read 15207 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Unconstitutional! Can we have our $1 Trillion back now?
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »

What's left?.... is the deduction that "outside of the box" requires Government intervention.

What's left is that all options are on the table. Public,  private or some combination thereof.

But that is not the issue. The real issue is that you constantly claim i said something that i clearly did not. Else you could easily provide a quote. And you haven't.

Now let's be clear, if you say i said something and i haven't that is misrepresenting my position. And seeing how strongly you feel about people misrepresenting your positions, i am surprised that you take such a cavalier attitude when you do the same.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
....... Do you have some outside of the box non governmental suggesstions to the perceived healthcare problem(s) in this country?? 

Hmmmm...
Can a person opt out ?
Can a Doctor opt out?
Couold a Doctor start a subscription service ?
If you paid a Doctor a monthly fee to keep him on retainder starting while you are healthy , the doctor would have steady income and steady work, he would be makeing himself an insurance company small scale.

Opt out of........?

I like the idea of keeping a Dr. with a retainer, kinda like an attorney.  But is that based on our current Healthcare system, pre-Cash for Croakers?

I think the Subscription service has too many nefarious holes built in, be it fraud or conflict of interest issues
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »
....... Do you have some outside of the box non governmental suggesstions to the perceived healthcare problem(s) in this country?? 

Hmmmm...
Can a person opt out ?
Can a Doctor opt out?
Couold a Doctor start a subscription service ?
If you paid a Doctor a monthly fee to keep him on retainder starting while you are healthy , the doctor would have steady income and steady work, he would be makeing himself an insurance company small scale.

Opt out of........?

I like the idea of keeping a Dr. with a retainer, kinda like an attorney.  But is that based on our current Healthcare system, pre-Cash for Croakers?

I think the Subscription service has too many nefarious holes built in, be it fraud or conflict of interest issues

Do you need a government monitor to prevent fraud?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2010, 08:28:09 PM »
What's left?.... is the deduction that "outside of the box" requires Government intervention.

What's left is that all options are on the table. Public,  private or some combination thereof.

So, one last time......Do you have some outside of the box non governmental suggesstions to the perceived healthcare problem(s) in this country??  That means, the ones don't include the Government.  Because otherwise, Government must be part of your solution, which ironically then debunks any claim of misrepresentation

But that is not the issue. The real issue is that you constantly claim i said something that i clearly did not. Else you could easily provide a quote. And you haven't.

And I consistently demonstrated that the implication has been quite clear despite you not having said x.  Even gave you an out to demonstrate how I was wrong.  And what do we get?......Did we get to debate on the question/issue at hand, thus debunking my deduction?  Nope, Bt seems to have chosen to entertain non-existant misrepresentations that effectively takes the spotlight off the question/issue at hand

Well, I did say it was his call

Now let's be clear, if you say i said something and i haven't that is misrepresenting my position. And seeing how strongly you feel about people misrepresenting your positions, i am surprised that you take such a cavalier attitude when you do the same.

Difference is I was able to demonstrate x.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 08:37:04 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »
Do you need a government monitor to prevent fraud?

That's a really good question.  The problem is both Government and Private ogranzations can be corrupted.  So, is one more able to be not corrupted?  Or more transparent?  Some form of Indep commission perhaps, but who would put it together...Government?

Have to do some "thought exercise" on this one
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 08:52:42 PM by sirs »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2010, 08:40:32 PM »
Difference is I was able to demonstrate x.

Then you should be able to provide a quote. Waiting...

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »
A) the x was in demonstrating how you've misrepresented me previously.  Sorry, I should have used y.  My bad

B) what part of consistently demonstrated that the implication has been quite clear despite you not having said x are you having trouble with?  There is no direct Bt quote of "I support the government providing UHC".  The implication though has been with the continued defense of Governmental policies and attempts to run healthcare with their "bigger pools"

C) Bt seems to have chosen to entertain non-existant misrepresentations that effectively takes the spotlight off the question/issue at hand

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:42 PM »
The implication has been with the continued defense of Governmental policies and attempts to run healthcare with their "bigger pools"

You obviously do not understand what i mean by larger pools.

You obviously do not understand the law or large numbers as it applies to insurance companies.

You obviously do not understand

What's left is that all options are on the table. Public,  private or some combination thereof.

What you do apparently do believe is that if you read something into someones words then your reading is correct, no matter the intentions of the author. Perception trumps intent in your world.

So it would be impossible for you to misrepresent someones postings because your perception is your reality, and it doesn't matter what is written what matters is what you read.

Which makes debating you counterproductive. There is no common language.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »
The implication has been with the continued defense of Governmental policies and attempts to run healthcare with their "bigger pools"

You obviously do not understand what i mean by larger pools.

And you are obviously having a hard time addressing the issue, since I know exactly the "theory" behind the larger pools.  So, let's try again.... Do you have some outside of the box non governmental suggesstions to the perceived healthcare problem(s) in this country?? 

Yes, with some pertinent examples debunks my deductions

No or continued entertaining of non-existant misrepresentations, validates them

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2010, 09:27:39 PM »
Yes

Switch health insurance from groups to individuals, much like auto insurance is sold.

Change the restrictions on state regulations for health insurance companies so that interstate companies can compete with intrastate companies.

Of course those suggestions require government action, so i guess they would not qualify.

Pity.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »
They would so long as Government isn't managing, running, billing, or paying for it. 

Now, how that took this long following the 1st time asked, is beyond me.  And if you state that my question was no government intervention, you could have asked for clarification or if your suggestions are doable under the parameters I'd be willing to debate, in which case I would have provided the above

Pity

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »
They would so long as Government isn't managing, running, billing, or paying for it. 

Now, how that took this long following the 1st time asked, is beyond me.  And if you state that my question was no government intervention, you could have asked for clarification or if your suggestions are doable under the parameters I'd be willing to debate, in which case I would have provided the above

Pity

Oh I see...."outside the box" MUST require government intervention ...

if your suggestions are doable under the parameters I'd be willing to debate

your participation is optional, and i don't see where with your optional participation you get to set the parameters.

I'll be glad to discuss ideas presented by other members with less rigid frameworks.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2010, 12:38:04 PM »
Amazing how rigidity is merely that the Government isn't running things or paying for it.  Pity for those who are stuck "out of the box"