Author Topic: Obama sinks to a 38% approval rating - he's toast  (Read 9436 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama sinks to a 38% approval rating - he's toast
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 01:09:19 AM »
I would be wasting my vote to vote for some asshole Republican. They are totally incompetent. Some are insane and others are merely evil.

And I do not vote for anyone so I can say I was on the "winning" side. I am not a fool like you lot.

You will be wasting your vote on Obama because he has no chance at carrying Florida. I doubt he will be reelected without Florida.

Romney and Perry are not incompetent, insane or evil. So you should consider voting for them.

And it is not a matter of being on any winning side. It is about doing what is best for the country. What is going on right now is not working. We need a change.

If you don't care about winning, how about voting for Ralph Nader? I bet you agree more with him than with a loser like Obama.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 02:00:35 AM »
I would be wasting my vote to vote for some asshole Republican. They are totally incompetent. Some are insane and others are merely evil.

To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil. — Charles Krauthammer
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »
Charles Krauthammer is stupidly evil. Others are more evilly stupid.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
Posted by: sirs

« Reply #16 on: Today at 02:00:35 AM »QuoteQuote from: Xavier_Onassis on August 24, 2011, 11:29:12 PM
To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil. — Charles Krauthammer
Report to moderator    Logged
"How do you tell a communist?  Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist?  It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."...........Ronald Reagan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xavier_Onassis

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:22:47 PM »QuoteCharles Krauthammer is stupidly evil. Others are more evilly stupid.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Another diffrence between the right and the left is that the right is right about the left.

The left is left clueless about the right.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 01:35:51 PM »
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/pew-majority-find-gop-unfavorable-but-obamas-leadership-ratings-also-drops.php

The poll shows problems for the GOP in two ways. First, the GOP has seen a more severe fall in its rating after the debt fight, as its approval now sits at 34 percent against 59 percent disapproval...

Secondly, the approval of GOP leaders by Americans has slipped to 22 percent, with 69 percent disapproval...

My guess is they are toast too.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »
It's early.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »
Direction of Country   Rasmussen Reports   Right Direction 14, Wrong Track 79   Wrong Track +65

That is more telling and bodes ill for incumbents.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 05:14:56 PM »
The right track/wrong track question is a stupid one, since it does not identify what track those polled actually favor. Most of the time, the extremists on both the right and the left will say that the country is on the wrong track, as will a lot of people who are just going with their gut feelings or emotions.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »
The question is no more stupid than the generic approval question about the presidents performance. Does the question examine expectations or is it more of a snapshot of how people feel about what is going on around them.

The fact of the matter is that 80% of those surveyed feel that this country has lost its way. It is not their job to find the way home, it is the job of those sent to DC to represent them. And the general consensus at this point in time is that those in DC have failed. And if that trend continues into  November 2012 woe be onto incumbents. Especially at the hands of those who vote their gut.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 06:33:50 PM »
Gotta go with BT on this one - the way things look right now, anyone who is an incumbent anything, regardless of whether they have a D or R after their name, is going to have a tough row to hoe.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 02:45:01 PM »
I agree that the country has many problems that need to be solved. The proper issue would be to study what they could have done that they have not done that could have resolved the problems sooner.

No matter who the president is, the question "Is the country headed in the right direction?" is a stupid question. I would certainly have preferred that more bankers had been prosecuted for peddling fraudulently rated mortgages. I would have preferred a single-payer medicare plan for everyone. I would have preferred an end to many agricultural subsidies, and an end to the Juniorbush tax cuts. So I could say that the country is headed in the right direction by those criteria.

However, I would have to be a total idiot to vote for a dipstick like Rick Perry or Michelle Bachmann in order to put the nation on the proper track, as described above.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »
However, I would have to be a total idiot to vote for a dipstick like Rick Perry or Michelle Bachmann in order to put the nation on the proper track, as described above.

The nation is never going to be put on the proper track with Obama. You even said it yourself that second terms are total disasters for presidents. Obama has shown absolutely no ability to change course or to show that he has learned his lesson. He has doubled down on failure.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann are surely no solution.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 12:15:22 PM »
Or Romney. We don't know who the nominee will be.

All three would change course from the miserable road Obama has chosen.

I can't imagine you're very satisfied with what Obama has done. Maybe your solution would be to write in a protest vote for Kucinich, stay home, or vote for Nader. I would be too embarrassed to vote for Obama if I were you.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »
Obama's problems are mainly due to the Republicans refusing to compromise on anything.

I would be ashamed to be a Republican, and doubly ashamed to be a 'bagger. Luckily, it is a reversible condition.

Perry is clearly some sort of Bible-thumping dolt. Romney is a corporate raider. I am not voting for either of them.