Author Topic: question about apple tech.  (Read 794 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
question about apple tech.
« on: October 06, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
I`ve only recently use apple products and found it strangely addictive. its missing quite afew things that any windows computers has. card reader,usb port etc.

My question is are these feature only missed by the more tech minded person and these apple product are more in-tuned to general consumer than me?

somehow steve jobs knew these features are not going to be missed. I did notice apple  corner the market on ease of use. the one feature microsoft is not eactly good at. Ex. vista

I ask this because I ask somebody at apple about loading pictures into a ipad and the response was like it wasn`t asked to often.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: question about apple tech.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 01:02:38 PM »
The lack of a USB port is, of course, intentional. If it had one, then Apple would find it far more difficult to make money from selling apps and licensing them. Friends would simply download the app to your USB drive, and you could install it.

I fail to see the advantage of a computer with no USB or actual keyboard. Apple is quite clever at making designs people like, but even more clever at squeezing money out of their customers.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:17:01 PM »
Exactly no usb should be to me a deterent,but it works . i had a touch based tablet before I had a Ipad.it had abit more features than the ipad,but the ease of use totally me not regret giving the tablet away. I think the old term is people friendly

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
The iPad is designed to be more of a user interface to data that is actually stored in the cloud, rather than a separate computing system. I have an Android tablet that has (a few more) ports than the iPad - though they're covered so it has the clean lines of an iPad - but find that I hardly use them. For the stuff I want to do with my tablet, making use of data on the web or stored in cloud storage is fine for me.

And I have a bluetooth keyboard for the tablet for the few times when I need to do more typing but do not have a desktop or laptop computer handy (or I'm too lazy to get off the couch ;-) )
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »
And I have a bluetooth keyboard for the tablet for the few times when I need to do more typing but do not have a desktop or laptop computer handy (or I'm too lazy to get off the couch ;-) )

my next laptop MUST have a backlit keyboard
hell that should have been standard equipment years ago
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
Thats true I'm little by little starting to use my desktop less. I'm just put off things that needs a desktop or not do them at all.i'm watching less movies now.