Author Topic: Did Cain's 999 Plan actually come from a Sim City videogame?  (Read 6341 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Did Cain's 999 Plan actually come from a Sim City videogame?
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 09:44:48 PM »
<<I think, ten or twenty years from now, when the first major history of the American Communist Revolution is written, that the Occupy! movement will be seen something like the 1905 Russian Revolution, a failed movement whose historical significance was that it was a warning sign, one that the ruling class ignored at its peril.>>

Sadly over 100 years later Russia is as much a shit-hole now is it was then. I would hope all those people (the ignorant protesters) would somehow be able to compare the last 100 years in the USA to the last 100 years in Russia and clearly see the obvious. But I'm afraid they are way too stupid to see the obvious!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:50:19 PM by Kramer »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »
Russia has developed hydroelectric all over the place. It has three times the resources of the US and less than half the population. It's not Germany, but the average Russian still lives better than most of the people on this planet.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:01:14 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2011, 02:08:23 AM »
<<Did the interviewer also point out that in most, if not all, states that food and other necessities are not charged a sales tax, so those poor taxpayers would not be "punch[ed] in the head"?>>

I would have thought that was Cain's job, when the interviewer hit him with the "17%" combined sales tax rate. 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
There are many states where food and drugs are taxed. It is not true that these things are exempt in most or all states.

And Tee is correct, Cain has the job of defending his rather unoriginal tax gimmick.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »
There are many states where food and drugs are taxed. It is not true that these things are exempt in most or all states.

There are 16 states that tax groceries. Of those 16 states, 8 of them charge a lower sales tax on groceries than other items.

There are 17 states that tax prescriptions. Of those 17 states, 1 of them charges a lower sales tax on prescriptions.

I stand by my statement that "most states do not charge sales tax on groceries" as 16 is significantly less than 50.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 02:40:16 PM »
I stand by my statement that "most states do not charge sales tax on groceries" as 16 is significantly less than 50.

ANY QUESTIONS?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »
but the average Russian still loves better than most of the people on this planet.

How would you know unless one of your hands is Russian?