Author Topic: Team Romney had a good day  (Read 2570 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Team Romney had a good day
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 02:28:02 AM »
He is the establishment candidate, and you notice all the primaries and caucuses have been moved up. Who does that benefit?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 02:35:50 AM »
It benefits Romney most, as an early removal of the turds from the punchbowl that is the Republican Party (Cain, Bachmann, Gingrich, Santorum and Perry) will give more time for the average voter in the general election to forget what was floating there, and all the stupid stuff that Romney had to say to get the 'bagger vote.

After he drives the opposition off, Romney can stop spouting the nonsense that appeals to the yokels, hicks, kluxers and blatherskytes.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 03:17:56 AM »
He is the establishment candidate, and you notice all the primaries and caucuses have been moved up. Who does that benefit?

While I agree that Romney is seen as the more "moderate" candidate, I don't see a moving up in benefitting anyone IMHO.  The debates are impressing the electorate as to who they perceive as having a winning hand, as seen thru the various post-debate straw polls.  I say let the primaries commence
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »
Yes it looks like this to me also.
Romney and Perry have lots of money.
Cain and Gingrich have a lot to say.

Sirs there are variables at play.

All three of the men listed above Romney do so because they represent the anti-Romney vote.

Thus Perry came out of the gate so strong but once in the debates he faltered. Gardisal hurt him, in state tuition hurt him( though i agree with his position on that and he came across as inarticulate and unprepared.

Both Gingrich and Cain have earned their ranking based on either their debate performances or the enthusiasm they generate with their supporters. And all three benefited by Palin not entering the race. Cain collected 2 million in donations in the midst of the harassment broadside.

Romney very could be the last man standing. But his nomination depends on whether the establishment controls the process or the people control the process. I don't think he generates the enthusiasm the other three do and because of that his support is soft.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 10:18:47 AM »
Let the primaries commence indeed. There is no way to stop them. The voters, or more specifically, the minority that vote in GOP primaries will decide. Money is important, but if money alone were enough, Ron Paul would be president.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."