Author Topic: Feedback Request  (Read 4660 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Feedback Request
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 12:25:14 AM »
Terra was bright and interesting and unpredictable,and liked to discuss things other than the usual political claptrap.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 03:29:49 AM »
The problem is this. On the internet, and in particular on forums like this one, we rely solely on the use of symbols, words, to communicate with one another. Most of our senses never come into play when we communicate in this manner. We see the symbol, and our brain, with all its luggage, reacts. There are no other clues, but the symbols, for our vast array of antennas, sound-smell-taste-touch-etc., to pick up on. That is a recipe for disaster because, unless you have a group of highly skilled communicaters, only the relative truth will be communicated and the ultimate truth will be lost.

BSB

BSB

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 05:20:01 AM »
The best posters:

The lady from N.Y. who lost a couple hundred of her co-workers at the WTC on 9/11. I really enjoyed reading her. Very bright lady. She had a methodical, professional really, approach to her postings that I liked following. And she was a damn good egg on top of her skills.

Domer, when he wasn't overtaken by his own sadistic tendencies or boring you to death, could be a good read.

The lady whose husband was a Lt.Col. in the Marine Corps.

Crane, unstable, but had some very strong points.

And me, when, as Plane said, I was on my game, or felt like writing. 

Worst posters:

Me, off my game.

MT, without doubt the worst poster I ever saw. Pure propaganda, and he would have been ignored most places after two posts. Complete Blowhard.

And finally, to many to mention, without getting in trouble. Honestly, I can think of a slew of them.

BSB

P.S. There are more of the good posters but I only remember them fleetingly.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 05:21:30 AM »
  That is a good observation BsB.

Do you think that we improve over time as we attempt to communicate , or do we irritate each other pointlessly?

BSB

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 05:51:32 AM »
Improve over time? In here?

There has been plenty of time, and little improvement. Kinda like congress at the moment. In both cases the missing ingredient is the will, the desire, to communicate, compromise, find common ground. It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to cut through the undergrowth of habitual tendencies, self serving myths, and the like. Most people aren't up to it.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 11:43:45 AM »
I believe it was Miss Plum, as the NYC poster, folks are referring to.  IIRC, she was running late to work, which would have been up in the WTC, and yes, she did lose many a co-worker & friend, that day
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle