Author Topic: Tebow  (Read 4207 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tebow
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:19:38 PM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tim-Tebow-Joe-Flacco-Jermichael-Finley-rabbi-are-sick-of-Tebow-talk-121611/

Why is a man taking a moment of prayer noteworthy?

Is it so unusual?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Tebow
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »
I fail to see why anyone would vote for some stupid politician because of anything some ball player does or does not do.

Perry is an unqualified goober, and why some guy does with a ball is at best entertaining for people who consider people playing with balls entertaining to watch.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 06:29:04 PM »
  I didn't know Govener Perry was involved with Tim Tebow.

What is the connection?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 06:46:41 PM »
Perry compared him to Tebow, who apparently is famous for coming back from slumps to play better football. I suppose that Perry thinks that he, like Tebow, will soon come out of what he perceives to a slump and improve his chances in the primaries.

Unlikely, because Perry is a dimwitted opportunistic goober. He is more entertaining to watch than football for me, because I do not have to sit through three hours of tedious commercials and inane sports commentary for something amusing to happen. Perry opens his mouth, puts both feet in, and is instantly amusing. He is more of a Shemp, Moe or Larry than a Tebow.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
  My Favoriate has dropped out of the presidential race.

Now I need to pick another.

Perry likes Tebow eh?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 07:01:04 PM »
Perry like Tebow is hoping to overcome low expectations. Again the praying doesn't have much to do with it.In Flacos case Tebow is getting more sports wrap air time than the Ravens and that pisses Flaco off.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »
the prayewr is very important because teenagers have sacrifice thier education for the cause.
well they didn`t know till it was too late.

BSB

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
What if instead of thanking his Laaaaawd and Saviour Jesus Christ every time he was interviewed, he rolled out a prayer rug, and thanked Muhammad, praise be? How tolerant would the NFL, and TV networks, be of that?

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
We'll never know, seeing as how he isn't of that persuasion.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »
It is pretty clear that an Allah-praising Muslim would not get the same sort of attention as a Thankyew Lawd Jesus type. Still, I imagine he might have more fans than a devout Muslim NASCAR driver. Imagine a stock car painted with stars and crescents and Arabic script.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »
It is pretty clear that an Allah-praising Muslim would not get the same sort of attention as a Thankyew Lawd Jesus type.

Complete nonsense. The majority of the attention Tebow is getting is because he has led the team to 7 come from behind victories.

Same attention the ST Louis Cardinals got this baseball season or the Red Sox did the year they went all the way.

Those who keep bringing up his Public Displays of Affection for Jesus are the same type who complain about Christmas music in department stores.

Not much can make those folks happy. Other than to just let them whine.

If a muslim wants to thank allah after a touchdown pass that's fine with me, as long as they do it on the sidelines like Tebow does and doesn't cost his team a penalty.

BSB

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 03:32:11 AM »
I don't care what Tebow does on the sideline, in the end zone, in the locker room, at the carhop, wherever, I just don't like him thanking Jesus every time he gets in front of a TV camera. Not even the Dali Lama walks around thanking the Buddha.

Tebow, come-on-man, give it a rest.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 06:08:15 AM »
I don't care what Tebow does on the sideline, in the end zone, in the locker room, at the carhop, wherever, I just don't like him thanking Jesus every time he gets in front of a TV camera. Not even the Dali Lama walks around thanking the Buddha.

Tebow, come-on-man, give it a rest.

BSB

I just do like him thanking Jesus every time he gets in front of a TV camera.

I am glad he has this freedom.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 08:22:48 AM »
I am not annoyed by Christmas music in department stores, but I am mildly annoyed by people publicly thanking Jesus.  I would not want anyone trying to ban it, just like I would not want to ban farting and belching and other forms of inappropriate behavior. I tend to think that God really doesn't give a hoot who wins a sporting event or gets an Oscar. Probably some people do this out of habit and others because they know that they will a tongue lashing from a parent or relative if they do not do it. Perhaps God's eye is on the sparrow, but perhaps not on the Falcons, Hawks, Eagles or Jack Sparrow. (Not that I would expect Johnny Depp to thank Jeezus).

I am grateful that those horrid twittering Christmas ornaments have vanished.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
What if instead of thanking his Laaaaawd and Saviour Jesus Christ every time he was interviewed,
he rolled out a prayer rug, and thanked Muhammad, praise be? How tolerant would the NFL, and TV networks, be of that?

Muhammad Ali for well over a decade during his heyday always gave thanks to "Allah"
after his fights and the networks even back then were "tolerant".

Watch video below to see Ali talks about Islam at the  42 second  mark, again at the 58 second mark, and again at 2:36 mark:

Muhammad ALI's LAST ever KNOCK OUT vs DUNN Fight
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987