Author Topic: Shooting spree in Afganistan  (Read 543 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shooting spree in Afganistan
« on: March 11, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »
  This looks seriously like a worst case scenario.

One of us has gone nuts and acted as the Taliban acts.

I amure he will be punished , it will not be easy to determine his punishment , or whether he should be tried in Afganistan.

Hard to argue he shouldn't.

Perhaps he should receive the treatment given to Taliban who behave the same.

It has been a long time since we have exicuted one of our soldiers, this one might be a good one to start with.

BSB

Re: Shooting spree in Afganistan
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 06:52:56 PM »
I agree with everything you said Plane except for him being tried in Afghanistan. Can't throw one of your own to the wolves, no one would join the military if you did.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to capital punishment. I'm opposed to it. However, when it comes to US soldiers pulling this kind of My Lai madness I would have no problems with it if they  executed him via a firing squad. If I were still in the service, and was asked to be on the firing squad, I'd except.

BSB

P.S. Of course my opinion is contingent on the facts being what they appear to be at this early juncture.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 07:54:45 PM »
  Yes, let us have due process.

Then shoot him.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »
It is pretty clear that Afghan culture and American culture are about as incompatible as any two on this planet.

If anyone can actually transform Afghanistan into something resembling an actual country, it is surely not the USA.
Perhaps the Turks could do this, but I see no reason why they would bother to attempt it.

Going ape and murdering whole bunches of people seems to be something that happens far too frequently in the USA. Odds are this would not have happened had this guy not been giving training and weapons by the military.

It is clearly psychopathic behavior.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:20:14 AM »
It is clearly psychopathic behavior.

Sounds like the beginning of a good defense.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 02:27:33 PM »
Actually, pleading insanity does not work very well.

One must be rich and crazy, like John Hinckley, Jr. and John DuPont, not poor and crazy, like Sgt. Timothy McVeigh (ret.).

I imagine that most mass murderers really are psychopathic, but only from a clinical, not a legal, point of view.

In one month, US troops public burned Korans, peed on corpses and murdered defenseless women and children. It is time to go.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »
   I understand this guy.

As if he were my brother.

I was in that brotherhood , so long , that I still am.

I am heartsick for him, his life is laid waste.

His victims no less than the dead he morns are slain .

He saw his brothers slain without respect ,and snapped like a rotten twig.

Now we his brothers might as well kill our broken brother, there is no real repair.

In the pitifull heap of char and gore are the remains of people we all ment to help , our brothers with them,

All so much work undone.

I fear and fear and fear  , that we might all burn with such fury.

If I become a victim or become a monster,

Who will there be to pity me?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »
Shooting unarmed women and children is monstrous. I agree it is the work of a psychopath. This guy is not well. Killing him is unlikely, but I imagine he will serve longer than Lt Calley did. The difficulty is convincing the Afghans that we should prosecute him and that he will be judged and punished severely. I have no clue how to do that without a televised firing squad, and I know we won't do that.

He was insane, perhaps permanently, perhaps temporarily, but I don't expect that he will be officially judged insane.
Timothy McVeigh was also insane, but he was not judged as such.