Author Topic: Teenage Trayvon Martin shot by gun nut in Sanford, FL  (Read 5114 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Teenage Trayvon Martin shot by gun nut in Sanford, FL
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 01:18:44 AM »
In this case, Martin was unarmed. It sounds like he was carrying iced tea with one hand and talking on a cellphone with the other.

Zimmerman had no reason to confront him. He was told by the cops to back off. That is what he should have done.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 01:25:47 AM »
From the info only stated on this post, we got nothing conclusive right now

Ex. SUV,gash on the head,cellphone

It really is too soon

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 01:29:00 AM »
I hope they really do a thorough investigation.

Zimmerman could have clobbered himself. It would have been a logical thing to do, and it is unlikely that anyone could prove that his wounds were not self-inflicted.

Even if Martin, a rather puny teen did clobber him, his life was not really in danger.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 02:18:51 AM »
It's not your call to determine what the threat of "real danger" was to Zimmerman.  You weren't there.  That's for the person being threatened, and the subsequent investigation.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 02:49:27 AM »
My question is it legally self defense if zimmerman approached the kid?
Remember his duty is obseve and report. Nothing was stated about the cause of the comfrontation.
But note everything i stated will likely not be addressed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 03:31:20 AM »
That's up to a court.  Obviously in hindsight, Zimmerman shouldn't have followed or approached Martin.  If he hadn't, there'd been no confrontation

However he did, and there was.  What has to be determined, is if there was a reasonable belief that Zimmerman was in fear for his life.  The xo's of the world can speculate all they want, but no one was there, except for Zimmerman & Martin.  It'll be up to the investigators to provide us with the surrounding facts, yet one things is for certain.....there's no way in hell Zimmerman knew that there was a phone that Martin was reaching for.  EVERY police offer and sherriff I've worked with, when taking my firearms safety courses, and IDPA meets, made it crystal clear, when you are in fear for your life, and there is no viable exit, you aim center mass, and pray you put your attacker down before he gets to you or gets off any of his shots

Did I mention EVERY law enforcement officer I've worked with or trained under??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 04:21:52 AM »
See, this is what these "I wanna carry a gun" nut-jobs are like. It's all theoretical. They have zero personal experience. They just run off at the mouth with some BS rule of behavior they were told about, or read somewhere. If this happens I was told to do that. If that happens I was told to do this. They've never actually been in a situation where their life was potentially being threatened by a person with a deadly weapon. They have no idea how they'll react. They have no idea how to read or react to the different clues that are presenting themselves one right after another. They don't know whether the situation is escalating, de-escalating, whatever. Neither, BTW, do many cops.

Zimmerman killed a kid that had no weapon. Was no threat. Did nothing. His only crime was walking along while being black.

If Zimmerman doesn't get charged he should apply for a job with the New Jersey State Police. He's dumb enough to be accepted.

BSB

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 07:25:07 AM »
Uhm
If zimmerman was not armed he would not likely approuch the kid and none of this would of happened. In fact even if conflict dd happened both parties would still be alive unless the kid was  highly skilled at unarmed combat.

Also note zimmerman's gun is concealed, unlike a police officer . Meaning it's possible an oficer would not do the same.

Again I'll state these factor might not be considered at all
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:10:42 AM by kimba1 »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 10:01:23 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:21 AM »
Just have to love these elitist know-it-alls, like Xo & B, who despite not being anywhere in the neighborhood, and 0 experience with either of these 2 fellas, knew in advance how perfectly safe and non threatening, anything & everything was.  Boy, what a power that must be to possess.

It's also pretty amazing how he casts so many law inforcement as apparent idiots for allowing this supposed gun nut to carry.  Some of the strictest rules in the entire country, to aquire a CCW, yet this "nut" is cleared, by the state and multiple law enforcement agencies, to do just that.  I guess we can all thank God, B isn't in charge, and how fast he'd shred the constitution

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:34 AM »
But does that picture look scarey?

He still looks like a kid to me, my nephew was 6"2' at that age and wears a hoodie alot. I noted on another post how races can't identify other races. I'll go further that  races percieve threats differently from other races.

Note he's a teenage boy,so wearing scarey gangsta clothes in florida is not exactly out of fashion.

In my area nobody will think twice him walking through, in fact he would be scared of gays in chinatown
"bad racial joke about blacks"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:45:36 AM by kimba1 »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »
"Look, I'm as concerned at Trayvon Martin's shooting as anyone,
but "A Million Hoodie March? Really? C'mon".

And the 12-year-old pictures of a pee wee football playing choir boy to build sympathy is getting a little, well, annoyingly over the top. Young Mr. Martin was visiting his father after getting suspended from school. Trayvon was 17 years old when this occurred. Seventeen.

It might make the optic more appealing, but, sorry Sharpton, I remember the Tawana Brawley fiasco, and even more recently I well remember the Duke Lacrosse players rape case fraud. Optics are not always reality.

The consistent false drumbeat cries of racism and crime have diminished actionable credibility and unfortunately cast a long shadow of doubt over what could possibly be justified outrage. Perhaps some folks consider Al Sharpton a strong advocate. But many more consider him an opportunistic flamboyant Pentecostal preacher who spends $2,000 a year for hair care at Brooklyn's Prima Donna Beauty Salon and never met a black crime he could not turn into some form of racist inquisition.

It was not that long ago the same network (MSNBC) who has now hired Al Sharpton to host a nightly broadcast was selling another false racist story surrounding a part-time census worker named Bill Sparkman who was found hanged in Kentucky with the word "Feds" written across his chest.

Oh, how the Rachael Maddow's, Ed Schultz's and Keith Olberman's beat that story to death in their efforts to showcase "Southern Racism" and right-wing extremism, night after night, after night. Only we found out much later Mr. Sparkman killed himself in a $600,000 insurance scam, but MSNBC didn't showcase that aspect with the same enthusiasm did they"?

But they did lay the groundwork for the Sharpton era.

No, Mr. Sharpton, actually when you show up now all possibility of justice, or judicial credibility is considerably diminished. But you are one of the first to buy a plane ticket to capitalize on the venue.

Whether it's faux tears for Michael Jackson or showtime at the Apollo with Brawley, all that's needed is one part black audience, one part media circus, and one part institutionally ingrained white-guilt. Presto, like an ideological jack-rabbit pulled out of a hat by 2-J's et al, Sharpton appears. Always ready to officiate the racist inquisitions.

"Resist We Much".

This horrific death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin has a very similar ingredient profile to Tawana Brawley. All that's needed is Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason to join him, and he can claim everyone from the local police to Florida Governor Rick Scott are engaged in a systemic cover-up. He can always add Ben Jealous to the crew.

The 8-year-old "stand your ground" Florida gun law is an easy ingredient to add to his mix and he can whip up the institutional leftist media into an all out frenzy. He knows the routine.

The family of Trayvon Martin joined thousands of demonstrators, who teamed up with Occupy Wall Street, to march across New York City last night to protest the shooting death of the Florida teenager. The "Million Hoodie March," as it was dubbed, was organized to show support for the Martin family and call for the arrest of the George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Martin last month, but has not been charged after claiming self-defense.

Martin's parents spoke to crowd to thank them for their support and continue to push for charges to be filed against Zimmerman. Martin?s mother Sabrina Fulton told the gathered protesters that "My son is your son."

Standing back, thinking of all the prior examples of false claims of racist violence, and breathing an odd sigh of relief that Mr. Zimmerman is latino (how flippin crazy is that?), one can objectively look at the circumstance.

I don't know if Mr. Zimmerman had any "intention" when he came across Trayvon, and I certainly cannot see into his heart to determine his motivation. But, what I do know is the police looked into the entire event and concluded that Mr. Zimmerman did not, repeat did not, violate any laws and acted lawfully to defend himself.

According to police reports Zimmerman had blood coming from the back of his head as well as a bloody nose which, it is claimed, came as a result of an altercation with Trayvon Martin. The police interviewed Zimmerman, interviewed witnesses, and had all manner of audio tapes from the 911 calls at their disposal for review.

With all that evidence in front of them the police determined Mr. Zimmerman acted within his capacity as a lawful citizen, and did not file any charges.

Yes, the entire situation is horrific, a seventeen year old young man is dead. The incident occurred on February 28th, was subsequently investigated, and Mr. Zimmerman cleared of wrongdoing. It might be prudent and reasonable to re-investigate the exact circumstances once again, however it is highly doubtful that any substantive change will develop.

Absent of a police cover-up, or botched investigation, the original police decision will stand. And in the unlikely event that Mr. Zimmerman was charged now, one can only imagine how easy it would be for a defense team to put the original police officers on the stand and have them say they didn't think it was Zimmerman at fault.

Would any respectable District Attorney put on such a case?

Doubtful.

While my heart goes out to the family and friends of young Trayvon Martin, they would be well served to avoid any connection to Al Sharpton lest they find themselves another asterisk in his wikipedia notation as having been Brawley-ized."

[e-mail]
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »
there's no way in hell Zimmerman knew that there was a phone that Martin was reaching for.
=================================
He was not reaching for anything.

He was already talking on that phone, about being followed by Zimmerman.

Is it unreasonable that Zimmerman could not assume that a kid talking to no one at all was actually talking on the phone? Most of the time, a person will have one hand, with the phone in it, held against his ear.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »
The basic difference between Tawana Brawley and Trayvon Martin is that Trayvon Martin is dead. He is not capable of making up any story.

Obviously, "Christians" thinks that wearing a hoodie while Black is reason for suspicion and perhaps execution.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
there's no way in hell Zimmerman knew that there was a phone that Martin was reaching for.
=================================
He was not reaching for anything.

I repeat....YOU WEREN'T THERE

According to the phone recordings, that's exactly what Zimmerman saw.....Martin reaching into his clothing.  IIRC, the "phone" bud was already in his ear.  It's not like he was holding some flip phone, or was he.  And since he, nor you (though I realize how hard you are practicing) have mind reading ability or x-ray vision, there's no way in hell anyone would have known what Martin was reaching into his clothing for

Now that that fact has been established, we can wait for the investigation to unfold, vs the idiocy of rule by mob mentality