Author Topic: Fez-o-rama  (Read 2494 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fez-o-rama
« on: July 15, 2012, 02:09:28 PM »
http://www.fez-o-rama.com/

Reccomended for occasions of half assed dignity.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Fez-o-rama
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
I particularly like that last one.......for some reason       8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »
It is a toss up whether people look more doltish in a fez or a baseball cap, especially one turned backwards.
The fez is, of course, more distinctive.
I won´t be wearing a fez anytime soon.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
It is a toss up whether people look more doltish in a fez or a baseball cap, especially one turned backwards

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 08:41:42 PM »
  I have seen a picture of Obama in a turban and Calvin Cooledge in a Cheifs feather headress.

I think I will search up a few presidents in goofy hats, my guess is that most modern canadates avoid costume mistakes because of the visual impact and influence of our modern media and comics.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
It is ideal for wearing while on the radio, as are all fezzes.

President Obama in  a baseball hat is no sillier than Rawmoney in Levis.

I think both look rather silly. Not as silly as Coolidge in the warbonnet, though.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 01:18:25 AM »
So people with more money than you can't wear levis??  Gads, I can't imagine what kind of a President you would be
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »
65 year old zillionaires can wear anything they wish, including Krusty the Clown suits. But a tycoon like Romney running for President wearing Levis just looks like a silly old fart pandering to the proles.

I rarely wear Levis, they are too hot for Miami, and I am not running for President, either.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
Wizard with boot for hat running for president on C-SPAN

http://www.youtube.com/

Wizard with boot for hat running for president on C-SPAN

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:11 AM »
65 year old zillionaires can wear anything they wish, including Krusty the Clown suits. But a tycoon like Romney running for President wearing Levis just looks like a silly old fart pandering to the proles.

So when Obama wears a suit, he's "pandering to the oligarchy"?  Or just George Cloony, Will Smith, and Sarah Jessica Parker?  Or perhaps he just looks "silly"

I rarely wear Levis, they are too hot for Miami, and I am not running for President, either.

*whew*....the country sure dodged a bullit there     ::)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 09:22:32 PM »
    In one of john Kerrys closets is an outfit made by Carhart, worn in the field once.

I think I get XO's point , a guy that seems uncomfortqble in his clothes has a problem marching along with the class that these clothes represent.

But even though I agree that Mitt Romney has a dose of this , I don't see it as an insurmountable problem. The Present President was elected while showing real signs of eleteism, didn't slow him much at all,

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
Obama was actually known for wearing stupid looking jeans....
But in XO's warped mind it's Romney's jeans that matter.

Obama Asked About His Mom Jeans

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 11:52:44 PM »
  In the USA Jeans are not the uniform of the proles, everyone wears them.

Check the date on this, and think about that old Movie "Moscow on the Hudson", When exactly did all of our citizens decide that we all want to look like heardsmen?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1990-12-19/features/1990353221_1_cowboy-jeans-pair-of-jeans-selkow

Urban cowboys hanker for jeans broken in by real ranchhands

December 19, 1990|By Maria Recio | Maria Recio,Fort Worth Star-Telegram

First came faded denims. Then prewashed jeans. Now, some folks in New York and San Francisco think they've come up with the ultimate in Cowboy Chic: preworn jeans, sweat-stained by actual cowboys.

"It gives a bit of romance. It makes you feel good," said Mervin Bendewald, owner of Whiskey Dust, a store in New York's Greenwich Village that sells only used cowboy duds.

Ads by Google

Pastora® HerbicideKeeps Pastures Clean For A Difference You Can See Pastora.DuPont.com
J.Jill DenimBoyfriend, Boot-Cut & Slim-Leg Jean Styles to Fit Every Body. www.jjill.com

For $65 a pair, Bendewald sells jeans that have been broken in by bronc riders and ranchers in Montana. If the faded seats from days of hard riding and torn holes from barbed wire aren't enough to convince cynics, the jeans, sold under the Montana Broke label, even carry tags of authenticity.

In San Francisco, the Wild Wild West store sells more than 100 pairs of used cowboy jeans a week, for $49.99 a pair.

"The ones that are worn through in the crotch are especially popular. However risque, the better," observed owner Murray Selkow.

"It sounds pretty stupid," Texas cowboy Ray Lindamood Jr., 20, said of the fashion phenomenon. But in a burst of pragmatism, he added, "If I'd known, I wouldn't have thrown out my old jeans."

Guitarist-singer Eric Clapton and rock idol Jon Bon Jovi are among those who have bought used cowboy jeans in New York.

"In this town, even if the rear end is torn out, it's perfectly acceptable," said Whiskey Dust manager Pat Carmo.

The stores also sell used boots, hats and coats in hope of capturing a piece of the cowboy mystique.

McFarlane won't say how much she pays for the worn-out denims, although she said she splits her gains "even-steven" with the cowboys. One supplier receives $3 a pair, although the price is expected to go up now that business has been spurred.

Customers also ask for old hats, and Selkow said European women especially love the used jeans.

"They'll push to get into them," Selkow said.

"City people working in offices are never going to break in a pair of jeans," he said. But he also thinks that buyers are searching for more than a look. "It seems to me that they are trying to capture something."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
When exactly did all of our citizens decide that we all want to look like heardsmen?
Plane....some "herdsmen" are easier on the eyes than others!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – Mitt Romney got a different kind of endorsement – an approval of his fashion choices – this morning when two popular Chicago radio hosts spent the top of a live interview discussing just how great the candidate’s jeans fit him. Romney said the conversation was “embarrassing.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/mitt-romneys-pant-size-revealed-radio-hosts-focus-on-candidates-jeans/
“Mitt Romney is crisscrossing the state in his Levi straight leg jeans, the 501s, and people are noticing,” said Don Wade of the Don Wade & Roma Morning Show on WLS-Chicago.

There is a lot of attention given to wardrobe.
I suppose that clothes don't really make the man , but the man does choose the clothes, including whatever simbolism that comes along.

http://obamaspants.tumblr.com/

Pants that really fit are hard to come by, are there no tailors out of work in Chicago or D.C.?

https://store.barackobama.com/

http://twitchy.com/2012/06/30/obama-throws-baseball-a-changeup-we-can-believe-in/

Now if only we can keep them out of these.
http://www.kumpi.com/

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/the_pants-on-fire_president.html