Author Topic: 2.5 million Americans use guns to defend themselves....EACH YEAR  (Read 6626 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2.5 million Americans use guns to defend themselves....EACH YEAR
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 07:31:02 PM »
Yeah, sure.

How many mass murders have chosen a penknife, a dirk or a dagger as their weapon of choice?

Mohammed Atta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Atta

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 09:39:02 PM »
Touche', Plane   =)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
Pushing aside for the moment the Anti-constitutional nut rants, repeating once again the FACT that FAR MORE LIVES ARE SAVED using guns, than taken by them, in this country.  With the added FACT that areas with MORE permissive gun laws have less violent crime than those with strict gun laws.   How are those stricter gun laws in Chicago, DC, and NY doing in preventing violent crime & murders.  Given Xo's premise, they should have virtually none
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 12:26:10 AM »
This is nothing but BULLSHIT and not to be believed.

Gun nuts are the CAUSE of a lot of violence. In countries with proper gun controls, these mass shooti8ngs just do not happen.

Gun nuts are both liars and sanctimonious assholes.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 02:01:57 AM »
This is nothing but BULLSHIT and not to be believed.

Your ignorance is ineed blissful to behold. 
sirs...The sun sets in the west
Xo...NOT IT DOESN'T...THAT'S RIGHTWING ZIONIST PROPOGANDA, YOU IDIOT ASSHOLE, AND NOT TO BE BELIEVED

NUTS who want to hurt/kill are the cause of a lot of violence.  Just because other countries have less freedom than we do, doesn't mean we follow suit

Your problem, xo, is that you weren't born in Nazi Germany or Communist Russia, where your government could take such good care of you, alleviate all your fears of "gun nuts" out to get you.  Keep those blinders on good and tight, and don't let those pesky facts keep you tossing & turning at night

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »
If there is any justice in the universe, some nut will take you and another several dozen fools out with his trusty semiautomatic.

Screw you, sirs, and the horse you rode in on.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »
Yep, kinda what one would expect to see from a close minded rabid leftist when confronted with the truth. 

You know something xo, as much as we disagree, I'd NEVER, EVER wish upon you some grisley murderous end to your life.  Nor would I wish upon you some horrible disease, like ALS.  But I guess that's what really seperates our ideolgies.  I debate on issues where there's a right and a wrong, where I can count on you to be wrong, 99.9% of the time. 

But to the ignorant cool-aide drinking left, its now about right or wrong, its about good and evil, where you've casted yourself as the side of "good", and when confronting perceived "evil".....well that justifies anything & everything, giving you the supposed ok to call on a fellow American, to be gunned down

How proud your students must be

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 02:31:52 PM »
I am retired, you bleeding stupid numbskull.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 11:28:32 PM »
So, you never had students?  wow.  Who did you teach to?  Experimental rats?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
  If liberals were scientific, they would observe the diffrence that came from changes.

In Scotland and Norway there have been horrific mass shootings , Mexico has become the mass shooting capitol of the world recently and tight gun controll has had no positive effect at all.

When the expected result is not the result of a change , this is not a "fail" as an experiment . An experiment that you learn from is a success.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 07:46:24 AM »
In Scotland and Norway there have been horrific mass shootings , Mexico has become the mass shooting capitol of the world recently and tight gun controll has had no positive effect at all.

HUNDREDS more have died in mass shootings in the US than in Norway. The Norway incident was unique and unprecedented.

Mexico had very little of this until the druglords took over. Mexican gun controls do not work because all the guns the druglords use come from the US, where morons think everyone is safer because assault weapons are a God-given right.

Mexico does not have a history of crazed lunatics mowing down innocent bystanders. In Mexico, the gun violence is nearly all drug related and using weapons made available by NRA inspired laws here in the US.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 11:33:53 AM »
A) It's called the 2nd amendment

B) It's not about automatic assault weapons, since they are already illegal

Whether it is college campuses, Amish communities, or other gun-free zones, murderous nuts will find a way to quench their cravings. Therefore, gun control laws do not work -- because they are based on the erroneous assumption that criminals will obey the law. They don’t and won’t; hence leaving law-abiding citizens defenseless in the face of danger

The 2008 Supreme Court Case, District of Columbia v. Heller, ruled the Second Amendment indeed secures an individual’s right to possess firearms, regardless of military service, and shall not be infringed....PERIOD

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »

HUNDREDS more have died in mass shootings in the US than in Norway. The Norway incident was unique and unprecedented.

Mexico had very little of this until the druglords took over. Mexican gun controls do not work because all the guns the druglords use come from the US, where morons think everyone is safer because assault weapons are a God-given right.

Mexico does not have a history of crazed lunatics mowing down innocent bystanders. In Mexico, the gun violence is nearly all drug related and using weapons made available by NRA inspired laws here in the US.

It is a mystery to me XO, how anyone thinks as you do, you are working hard to avoid the intuitive answer and also working to avoid the answer provided by evidence.
  Do you really feel safer when you are totally unarmed?
   Some people require armament to bolster their confidence and live normally, some just enjoy guns as works of craftsmanship, tools of sport and skillbuilders.
     By far the most numorous guns owner is just someone who has evaluated the risk and cost of gun ownership and found it lighter in the scales than the risk and the potential cost of being unarmed those few times that it makes a diffrence.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »
Other than on occasion, when I have a penknife in my pocket, I have been unarmed for over 69 years. I dislike crowds and avoid them. If you own a gun, it will only protect you when it is armed and in your hand or can be in your hand in a mater of seconds. The rest of the time, it is no more protective of you than my penknife is of me.

Have you been vaccinated against yellow fever? I have. It is a greater danger to me than some moron with a gun.

Mexico's violence is directly attributable to the US demand for drugs and lax gun laws in the US.

Gun owners are just stupid to think they are protecting themselves. The most likely victim of their precious guns is themselves.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »
Other than on occasion, when I have a penknife in my pocket, I have been unarmed for over 69 years. I dislike crowds and avoid them. If you own a gun, it will only protect you when it is armed and in your hand or can be in your hand in a mater of seconds. The rest of the time, it is no more protective of you than my penknife is of me.

Have you been vaccinated against yellow fever? I have. It is a greater danger to me than some moron with a gun.

Mexico's violence is directly attributable to the US demand for drugs and lax gun laws in the US.

Gun owners are just stupid to think they are protecting themselves. The most likely victim of their precious guns is themselves.

Yes ,I have been vaccinated against Yellow fever.
I have also sat behind the mirror in a jewelry shop  holding a shotgun.

Clever of you to point out the simularity of preparedness, no truely dangerous person ever came in the shop(as far as I know ) and I have never been exposed to any of the diseases I have been vacinated against (as far as I know).