Author Topic: 2.5 million Americans use guns to defend themselves....EACH YEAR  (Read 6639 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2.5 million Americans use guns to defend themselves....EACH YEAR
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 09:59:26 PM »
Other than on occasion, when I have a penknife in my pocket, I have been unarmed for over 69 years.

Good for you...and your choice  You and the constitution won't mind if we exercise the right and option of keeping or not, that of any legal firearm(s).  We freedom nuts thank you in advance

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »
You are not any sort of "freedom nut". You are the reason why thousands get shot each year in this country.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 01:43:13 AM »
If that were the case, then I'm also the reason 10's of thousands more are able to defend themselves from injury or death at the hands of another, in this country, thank you very much.  But you go right ahead and stick with your penknife.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »
You are not any sort of "freedom nut". You are the reason why thousands get shot each year in this country.

Antibiotics and vaccines kill people too.
Just a smaller number than they serve well.

Cars kill lots of people , car accidents and vehicular homocide rate as one of our most common causes of death and injury.Also cars facilitate lots of crimes.

Are car loving people responsible for the harm done with cars?

Boats , pets , bathtubs, etc. a complete list of things that you might should worry about would be huge.
For how many of these things should we be made safe by drastic government action ?

Can so few of us develop mature judgement?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »
When someone manages to kill 12 people and wound dozens more with a bathtub, let me know.

Your argument is spurious.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 09:48:31 AM »
actually lately it does happen in armed events. ex gang funerals and parties. I believe in muslim weddings oversea it happens also

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24:53 AM »
When someone manages to kill 12 people and wound dozens more with a bathtub, let me know.

Your argument is spurious.

Hundreds of people have been killed in bathtubs, by accident and on purpose.

I know that this is a spurious argument , it is exactly the same spurious as the arguement against guns.

But from too close to it the spuriosity is not clear.

Why are you not against bathtubs?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:35:23 PM by Plane »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »
Actually lots of stuff is very deadly, but guns are weapons. The trick is cutting down on the dangers.

I meantion on another post i know someone who shouldn't be owning a gun and may possibly have a collection more massive than the kid in colorado. I'll keep you posted if anything happens beyound the suspension.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
Someoone who is willing to spend several thousand dollars to have a large gun , or several thousand more to have multiple guns , and also is a dangerous personality.

Will for some reason not be willing to spend several thousand dollars to have just one gun once they are forbidden?

I don't get that , if that Person respects the law that much , he just needs to be reminded that murder is one of the most forbidden crimes in our laws, almost as forbidden as tax avoidance!

The only thing that gun controll might accomplish is disarming the very law abiding and the very poor, the effect on a dangerous person will be negligable for unavoidable reasons.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 02:16:37 PM »

Will for some reason not be willing to spend several thousand dollars to have just one gun once they are forbidden?
===============================================================

Bazookas are banned, how many individuals have committed crimes with an illegal bazooka?

I am interested in how you might go about killing 12 people in several minutes and wounding dozens more with a bathtub in a movie theatre.

Not because I have any plans to do so.

At most, I only think it would be humorous to see the lifeless corpse of Grover Norquist floating in a bathtub, not that I would like to drown him myself.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »
The only thing that gun controll might accomplish is disarming the very law abiding and the very poor, the effect on a dangerous person will be negligable for unavoidable reasons.

BINGO!!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2012, 12:52:30 AM »

===============================================================

Bazookas are banned, how many individuals have committed crimes with an illegal bazooka?

I am interested in how you might go about killing 12 people in several minutes and wounding dozens more with a bathtub in a movie theatre.

Not because I have any plans to do so.

At most, I only think it would be humorous to see the lifeless corpse of Grover Norquist floating in a bathtub, not that I would like to drown him myself.

I could only make a very weak argument that Bathtubs should be banned, it would be just as spurious as your argument against guns.

Cars tho, cars are easily used to facilitate crime, have been used many times for murder , many times for smuggling and many times for escape from any sort of crime. Even persons with no malicious intent at all have caused mayhem by losing controll of their cars.  Cars are not even protected in the constitution.  There will inevitably come the day that cars, motorcycles and whatever elese is so usefull to crime and so prone to accident will be restricted strictly to those who are able to PROVE they need it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
There will inevitably come the day that cars, motorcycles and whatever elese is so usefull to crime and so prone to accident will be restricted strictly to those who are able to PROVE they need it.

======================
No, there will not come such a day.

This is just another stupid iteration of the slippery slope fallacy.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2012, 05:53:02 PM »
There will inevitably come the day that cars, motorcycles and whatever elese is so usefull to crime and so prone to accident will be restricted strictly to those who are able to PROVE they need it.

======================
No, there will not come such a day.

This is just another stupid iteration of the slippery slope fallacy.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not.

But you are totally right , this day should not ever come and for the same reasons no such day should come for guns.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
There are too many morons with guns to take them away, lamentably.

Perhaps they will exterminate one another.