Author Topic: Ford Motor Co Tumbles  (Read 2041 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ford Motor Co Tumbles
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
Leather seats are comfortable enough. They just aren't durable. Go to any junkyard and see what several hundred thousand miles and a decade or so does to leather seats. The very best upholstery material is MB Tex. Go to a junkyard and you will see that it lasts 30 years or more in the hot Florida sun and rain.

They con you into the leather seats by forcing you to buy them to get some other option, like a sunroof or a fancy stereo. They are simply not worth the extra money. Again, sheepskins are cheaper and more comfortable, and can easily be cleaned and/or replaced.

If you are only going to drive the car for six or seven years, it really doesn't make a lot of difference, most of the time.

There are plenty of Lincoln Town cars available. You just can't get a brand new one. In any community where there are a lot of retired folks, you can find a low mileage Towncar for a good price. They are a little large and ungainly for me, but they are comfortable and fairly dependable.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
CU has much more extensive data than JD Powers and accepts no ads from anyone. When it comes to practical reviews and reliability, I think they are the very best source.

Car salesmen seem to HATE CU, but I really doubt that they read it. A lot of them do not know diddly about what they are selling. Only a few can tell you where the oil filter is. One Mercedes salesman told our MB Club that plastic headlamp lenses would never "scratch like glass does". They do a lot worse than scratch, as anyone can tell just by looking at them.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 08:57:40 AM »
I used to see sheepskin covers on seats once and a while but I haven't noticed it for quite some time now. The seats I have are both heated, and cooled. No need for sheepskin.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »
I really like the backup camera feature on my SUV.

I was in rental cars several times last summer and felt naked without it

Two weeks ago launching a boat the backup camera was sweet.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987