Author Topic: Speaking of ignorant leftists....  (Read 1066 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Speaking of ignorant leftists....
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:33:10 AM »
WE'LL 'PRY GUNS FROM COLD, DEAD FINGERS'
Columnist proposes killing NRA members, dragging Republicans behind pickups

DES MOINES, Iowa – For 50 years, the left-leaning columnist Donald Kaul has raged against guns, but after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, he says, it’s time for “anger,” killing gun owners and dragging legislators who disagree with gun control behind pickup trucks until they get the message.

The Pulitzer Prize-nominated columnist penned an alarming screed published in the Des Moines Register in which he further suggested the Second Amendment be repealed and the National Rifle Association be declared a terrorist organization.

“During my 50-year career,” Kaul wrote, “every time some demented soul would take a semiautomatic gun and clean out a post office, a school or a picnic, I’d get up on my soap box and let loose with a withering diatribe about guns, the National Rifle Association and weak-kneed politicians. Did it about 75 times, give or take.”

Yet each time, he lamented, the only result was a spike in gun sales.

“That’s obscene,” he opined. “Here, then, is my ‘madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore’ program for ending gun violence in America.”

His first step: “Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. … Surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.”

Second: “Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. … Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that ‘prying the guns from their cold, dead hands’ thing works for me.”

Third: “Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.”

“And if that didn’t work,” Kaul concludes, “I’d adopt radical measures.”

Kaul explains his dramatic measures this way: “The thing missing from the debate so far is anger – anger that we live in a society where something like the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre can happen and our main concern is not offending the NRA’s sensibilities.”

It would appear Kaul has supplied his missing ingredient.

(Remember when it was conservatives being excoriated for supposedly engaging in violence facilitating rhetoric?)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Speaking of ignorant leftists....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:38:29 AM »
  The NRA should send this guy a check.

Not a small one.

Base the checks size on the number of recruits he sends in.

Reading that made me want to buy another Rifle.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:43:51 AM »
Seriously     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 03:10:59 AM »
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012312300033&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

The article is not much longer than that excerpt.

I think he was trying to be funny , but read the comments , what is really funny is the response he is getting.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/comments/article/20121230/OPINION01/312300033/Kaul-Nation-needs-new-agenda-guns

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 03:13:47 AM »
I was echoing the same thing one of the responses was......it is a right, so deal with it    8)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 03:44:59 AM »
For some reason I am reminded of an old Beetle Bailey cartoon , in which Beetle dreams of energeticly promoting lazyness.

The disarmed are not the ones that will disarm the armed , they must persuede the armed to disarm the armed untill only the armed who have permission of the government to be dangerous are any threat.

Unfortunately this never ends , a long time ago I was in Bermuda and the local headline was lawbreakers with "Hand Catapults" which turn out to be slingshots of the sort you see in Dennis the Menace's back pocket all the time.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »
He is right about the Second Amendment being irrelevant with regard to the weapons that are available today. He is obviously trying to be funny, but not succeeding.

No one likes to be reminded that their Momma was ugly and stupid, especially if she was.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:18 PM »
Then by all means, amend the Constitution, if you think its an irrelevant right.  Good luck with that

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 02:21:20 AM »
WHO'S THE REAL IDIOT, PIERS MORGAN?

CNN’s Piers Morgan writes that the pro-gun crowd’s anger toward him stems from anti-British bias: “This gun debate is an ongoing war of verbal attrition in America – and I’m just the latest target, the advantage to the gun lobbyists being that I’m British, a breed of human being who burned down the White House in 1814 and had to be forcefully deported en masse, as no American will ever be allowed to forget.”

Scads of “in-sourced” Brits appear on our telly without us Yanks calling for their deportation. Hell, we just let a Brit play Abe Lincoln. Fox’s Stuart Varney seems to escape this anti-mother country xenophobia.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s the way Morgan – as well as much of the guns-kill-people crowd – holds “debates” on the matter.

Take the treatment of Larry Pratt. Respected in circles that Piers “I-have-fired-guns-only-once-in-my-life” Morgan chooses not to hang out with, Pratt heads a pro-Second Amendment group called Gun Owners of America. Pratt, on Morgan’s show, attempted to explain that the “gun control” big picture requires understanding something: Hundreds of thousand of Americans, every year, use firearms for self-defense.

Morgan’s response? He called Pratt “an incredibly stupid man” and denounced “idiots like you.” Then came this: “You don’t give a damn,” Morgan said, “do you, about the gun murder rate in America? You don’t actually care.”

Morgan offered no study, expert, number – nothing whatsoever – to counter the claim. That anyone with a moderately functioning brain could find an upside in owning, let alone using, a gun simply astonishes Morgan. Defies common sense!

Is it true, as claimed by Florida criminalist Gary Kleck, that 2.5 million Americans each year use a firearm for self-defense?
Is it true that, of that number, 400,000 people believe that, were it not for the gun they used, they would have been killed?

These are questions and answers the anti-gun crowd ignores, chooses not to think about or considers irrelevant.

“How many Americans are alive,” I once asked a pro-gun control police chief, “because they used a firearm in self defense?”

“I don’t know the answer to that,” he said.

“You know the exact number of people murdered because of guns,” I said, “but you don’t know how many people are alive because of them?”

“No, I don’t.”

“What if I told you of a study that said 2.5 million people use guns every year for self-defense – and that of that number 400,000 believe had they not had the gun, they would have been killed?

“I don’t believe that.”

“What’s your number?”

“Don’t have one – and it doesn’t matter. We have too many guns in this country.”

(sound like a "professor" we know?   ;) )

At least the police chief admitted that however many more people are alive than dead because of guns, he nevertheless wants guns even more restricted.

What’s Piers Morgan’s excuse? He simply refused to believe the data.

What about the 2.5 million number? Pro-gun-control law professor and criminologist Marvin Wolfgang, of Northwestern University, examined Kleck’s data and methodology. Just how pro-gun control is Wolfgang? He wrote: “I am as strong a gun-control advocate as can be found among the criminologists in this country. If I were Mustapha Mond of ‘Brave New World,’ I would eliminate all guns from the civilian population and maybe even from the police. I hate guns – ugly, nasty instruments designed to kill people.”

But of Kleck’s claim that 2.5 million Americans yearly use guns for self-defense? Wolfgang wrote: “What troubles me is the article by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz. The reason I am troubled is that they have provided an almost clear-cut case of methodologically sound research in support of something I have theoretically opposed for years, namely, the use of a gun in defense against a criminal perpetrator. … I do not like their conclusions that having a gun can be useful, but I cannot fault their methodology. They have tried earnestly to meet all objections in advance and have done exceedingly well.”

The Oscar-winning Michael Moore says America possesses “too many guns” because of racism. For my pro-Second Amendment documentary, “Michael & Me,” I “ambushed” Moore. The anti-gun Moore, by the way, was surrounded by security and coming into a venue a back way to avoid the very “ambush interviews” in which he specializes. Three times I asked Moore how often Americans use guns to defend themselves. Three times Moore deflected the question, merely repeating “we have too many guns.”

Morgan is right. Per capita, we have nearly 50 times the gun murder rate compared to the gun murder rate of England. But look at all murders, whether by knife or baseball bat. Rather than 50 times the rate, it is less than five – not 50 – times higher than the murders committed by any means in England. For my documentary, I interviewed Joyce Lee Malcolm, author of “Guns and Violence.” She said the same murder-rate discrepancy – five times the British rate – existed between New York City and London for two centuries, and during most of that time neither city had any gun control laws.

This must make Malcolm “an incredibly stupid woman.” Debate over.

BSB

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 06:12:02 AM »
I believe right now the total number of human beings on this planet is growing at around 100,000,000 a year. Don't you worry, you're going to lose your right to bear arms. And it won't be the armed who remove them. It will be done the same way the right was given to you. The same way gay marriage was legalized. The same way state marijuana laws were altered. By the stroke of a pen.

BSB

"Everything is impermanent" Buddha

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 06:43:54 AM »
When people say "too cold" this is usually understood to mean "too cold for comfort " but it could be made more specific like" too cold to wash the car" or "too cold to swim" or "too cold to think straight".

So what is ment by a person who says "too many guns" ?

Is it understood that we have too many guns for some particular reason?

Whereas Michael Moore can answer any question on the subject by saying "We have too many guns" , he must feel that the implied subject is clear, we have too many guns for .... something.

I think there is an assuming an understanding that shouldn't be they ought to make it more specific . Do we have too many guns to make burgulury a safe profession, too many guns to make it easy for a tyrany to operate or perhaps just a few more guns than an optimum number?

If what is ment is that we have too many guns to ensure that no one at all ever gets shot , then the optimum number of guns that is to be understood has to be zero.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »
I believe right now the total number of human beings on this planet is growing at around 100,000,000 a year. Don't you worry, you're going to lose your right to bear arms. And it won't be the armed who remove them. It will be done the same way the right was given to you. The same way gay marriage was legalized. The same way state marijuana laws were altered. By the stroke of a pen.

BSB

B, I can't thank you enough for presenting this line of thought.  This is PRECISELY why the Founders wrote the Constitution up as they did.  It's why the left has made it their mission to take God and any sense of spirituality out of the Declaration of Independence.  Because if our most basic and most important rights are not endowed by our creator, who are they endowed by.  Why Government of course.  And if its Government, and not God, that gives you rights, then by golly, its Government that can take them away

By all means, good luck on trying to amend the Constitution of the U.S.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 11:47:02 AM »
If some people refused to give up their guns, that prying the guns from their cold, dead hands thing works for me.

Bring it on Baby!
I wish they'd quit talking....talk is cheap
I wish Obama would sign that executive order today.
We'll see what happens!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:24 PM »

==================================================
The more guns are owned by a given population, the greater the possibility that guns will be stolen and used in committing crime.

I once tutored a French Canadian guy who wanted to perfect his pronunciation of English so he could get a captain's
license. He had a collection of something like thirty pistols, rifles and shotguns that he kept in a locked chest in the living room. He was very proud of his collection, which he showed me one day.

Several months later, he called me to tell me that he passed the test and got his license. After a while, he said that he had an appointment to buy a gun from someone. I asked him if he thought he needed more guns. He said "now I do: someone broke into my house and stole all the guns in the chest." He said he only had ten guns and needed a good rifle.

That would be an example of"too many guns."
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »
==================================================
The more guns are owned by a given population, the greater the possibility that guns will be stolen and used in committing crime.

With Freedom, comes risk.  The "possibility" doesn't trump the right in the 1st place

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

That would be an example of FREEDOM.  Government is merely to SECURE those rights, that we were already endowed with