Author Topic: I don't believe this guy spent enough time composing the test.  (Read 499 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I don't believe this guy spent enough time composing the test.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:14:46 AM »
38. Identifying Different Psychopaths

Thought provoking pessimist.

How much is a person with empathy at a disadvantage?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »
I fail to see how Al Gore and Hillary are psychopaths in any way. I am not familiar with all the people presented. For Madelaine Allbright to be a psychopath, she would have to have known with certainty that the blockade of Iraq would have resulted in the death of so many children.Of course, invading Iraq and Afghanistan was probably more damaging to children than any blockade.

As for the first video, it seems to be true to me. I would be hesitant to throw the fat guy over the bridge because I doubt that I could throw any fat guy over any bridge with certainty. It is not really a test.

It is true that most psychopaths are not Hannibal Lector types.

If there were no psychopaths aware of what their actions could cause, I wonder if we would have wars at all.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
I don't agree with either of these , but I thought them interesting.

No man is so fat nor train so small that a human body is going to derail the train, that is really a poorly concieved example , but in the concept are situations that happen every day, especially to persons in authority.

Firemen have to choose which rooms to search knowing that they won't have time to search all .
Police have to deal with hostage takers.
Military leaders have to choose units to tackle dangerous assignments.

Even parents have to decide what resorces to expend on each childs education when there isn't enough to go around.

It is not rare at all for someone to have to decide something important where all choices cost something ,but dithering can cost all.

I hate this situation, I am glad it is rare in my life.

If a person had little empathy would this be an advantage in coolly chooseing the best ?