Author Topic: Breitbart's Ben Shapiro destroys Piers Morgan last night on Gun Control !  (Read 4409 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Breitbart's Ben Shapiro destroys Piers Morgan last night on Gun Control !
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »
Ahhh, it's the ol "obvious" tactic.  When unable to support claim, insert "obvious".  That 99% wrong just keeps getting higher and higher.  How does one "strut" on the internet??    :o   Oh wait, is this one of those things, like code words, that only hard core liberals can decipher??  Merely owning a gun is tantamount to "strutting"?  Again, this obsession you have with strutting, is indeed fascinating
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »
Hmmmm....so you've been stalking me, "watching me" strut?  I guess its a good thing I'm armed

SIRS....it is looking more and more like that XO just may have a "man crush" on you!
The dude is obsessed with you!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
Constant jabbering about your stupid sidearms and how you "choose" to carry it about is verbal strutting, so far as I am concerned.

You are not threatened by anyone here, nor are you defending any right by constantly blathering about how cool you are to run about with a gun. It's like a neck tattoo. Dumb, useless and silly, and not even ornamental. On the contrary.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 05:21:11 PM »
Constant jabbering about your stupid sidearms and how you "choose" to carry it about is verbal strutting, so far as I am concerned.

Well, thank you for your concern.  Fact is however I don't go around "jabbering about stupid sidearms" or that I'm legally able to carry one.  "Strutting" is far more analogus to someone wanting others to be impressed with them, like a lot of hollywood celebs or certain liberal professors.  I have no such mandate, nor do I claim to be "cool" in exercising a legal right.  Nor does anyone outside of my immediate family know I have a CCW, so hardly some fella wanting to impress everyone else that I carry.  You folks know, only because you don't know where I live or who I am.  But your erroneous concern is duly noted, as is your fascination with strutting

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »
I did not mean the guns of the police, of course.

However, if there were zero guns, no one would ever be shot with a gun.

There are no Romulan disruptors , and behold that no one has ever been shot with a Romulan disruptor, even if they are the most  pusillanimous Faelirh ch'susse-thrai.

I would not bother to watch sirs do anything. His strutting is obvious from the silly stuff he posts.

Guns have been with us for a long time.
But murder did not grow more common when guns were introduced , back when .

With fewer guns , but no fewer murderers, there would be just as much violent death, at least.

But if all the reduction in guns was from the hands of the responsible and sober , and none of the reduction was from the hands of the malicious and crazy, then fewer guns could very well cause a greater number of shootings.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 12:32:33 AM »
The murder rate is declining, mostly because the population is aging. The number of massacres, however, is rising.

You can speculate about some faraway place in the Land of Nevernever where guns are like magic wands and we all ride pink flying unicorns, but the more guns there are, the more likely it is that some crazed nutcase, like the Sandy Hill guy will grab a gun and go a-hunting.

I don't think that a lot can come of legislation that will stop the massacres, but I do think we could do more. The idea that somehow gun nuts owning more and more guns will make us safer is ridiculous. Eventually, the gun nut dies and the guns are still quite deadly and could end up in the hands of mass murderers.

When several of the dolts on my block get drunk on July 4th and New Years, they think it is fun to go outside and shoot off their guns. If there were fewer guns and/or ammo were expensive, they would not do this.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 12:39:08 AM »
The murder rate is declining, mostly because the population is aging. The number of massacres, however, is rising.

You can speculate about some faraway place in the Land of Nevernever where guns are like magic wands and we all ride pink flying unicorns, but the more guns there are, the more likely it is that some crazed nutcase, like the Sandy Hill guy will grab a gun and go a-hunting.

I don't think that a lot can come of legislation that will stop the massacres, but I do think we could do more. The idea that somehow gun nuts owning more and more guns will make us safer is ridiculous. Eventually, the gun nut dies and the guns are still quite deadly and could end up in the hands of mass murderers.

When several of the dolts on my block get drunk on July 4th and New Years, they think it is fun to go outside and shoot off their guns. If there were fewer guns and/or ammo were expensive, they would not do this.

No matter how well you might craft a law, your neighborhood dolts will have their guns.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 01:19:02 AM »
Judging by the increase of gun sales nationwide, the mere talk of restrictive gun laws is producing results opposite of the stated goals.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 01:47:15 AM »
Judging by the increase of gun sales nationwide, the mere talk of restrictive gun laws is producing results opposite of the stated goals.

If the stated goal is saving lives , and if having more responsible people armed saves lives, then the goal can be reached via a trip through the Antipodes.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 02:10:29 AM »
I was just checking out Turner Sporting goods.  Never felt the need to do it before.  Now.....its's different

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »
I suppose that many gun nuts fascinated with their trendy assault rifles figure that they can have TWO of these and register only ONE,and then when the evil mini Hitlers come to take it away, they will still have one left to stroke and get off on.

The number of gun owners and the number of NRA members is not really growing. What is happening seems to be that the same gun nuts are stockpiling weapons, as though TWO assault rifles will make them twice as safe and perhaps they can overthrow the tyrannical government twice as easily.

It is just basic math. Even chimpanzees know that two is twice as much as one. When you get up to distinguishing four from five, it is higher math for most of the lower primates.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:00:16 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »
Wow....talk about paranoia    :o

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »
So remind me.....during Fast and Furious.

Did Obama make the Mexican drug cartels get universal
background checks before giving them their guns?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 03:36:08 PM »
IIRC, that would be a no

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 07:40:50 PM »
I suppose that many gun nuts fascinated with their trendy assault rifles figure that they can have TOW of these...........................

Man a TOW would be a lot of fun , but the ammo is prohibitively expensive.

TOW Missile vs. T-72 Tank