Author Topic: Obama's Feckless Leadership  (Read 28312 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama's Feckless Leadership
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
Didn't think so
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »
Didn't think that Xo could respond to the debate questions posed. 

Once he kept perseverating on the leftist talking point of registration, and shown how it does nothing in preventing or even identifying a criminal element from doing their thing, it was clear that the agenda here was not in trying to figure out how to lessen any more Sandy Hooks, but to just push the, dare I say, hard core liberal cause of more gun control
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »
Perhaps he realized he wasn't convincing anyone to adopt his position and lost interest.

Hard to tell. Maybe he just didn't feel like replying and knew he wasn't required to.

I wouldn't focus on this site being all about debates anymore. There are not enjough players to field teams.

Maybe we can call it a discussion group, with people who have been coming here for years, because it is comfortable as as a Mr. Rogers Sweater.

Yeah that is what we should strive for.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
That doesn't sound like much striving.

I have learned that real debate is difficult, I am not even sure I have done any.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
Other nations manage to prevent massacres far better than the US, incarcerate far fewer people, and are more democratic than the US. Examples would be Canada, Switzerland, all of Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand and even Bhutan, Ecuador, Chile, and Botswana.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
Perhaps he realized he wasn't convincing anyone to adopt his position and lost interest.

Perhaps.......perhaps it would have been prudent to actually provide some support as to why someone should adopt his position, instead of just claiming "It will work"

Hard to tell. Maybe he just didn't feel like replying and knew he wasn't required to.

Indeed, as that's been reinforced many times before....that no one is required to reply.  I guess we'll never really know, and can only deduce conclusions based on how he left it....speaks volumes even

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »
Indeed, as that's been reinforced many times before....that no one is required to reply.

Exactly, which is why saying didn't think so seems such a futile effort.

Meanwhile, from what i am reading gunshows and cabela's around the nation were standing room only. The gunshow in Jacksonville had a line 1/4 mile long.

Maybe they aren't seeing why they NEED to explain why they NEED large magazine clips, or super scary looking single pull single shot rifles as the bill of rights doesn't require justification for exercising natural rights.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
Indeed, as that's been reinforced many times before....that no one is required to reply.

Exactly, which is why saying didn't think so seems such a futile effort.

Not at all, since it simply hilights the void, not some demand for a response.  I would have thought you would have figured that out by now, the many times we've been over this

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
Highlighting the void is nothing more than calling them out, which is another way of demanding an answer.

You should have figured out by now that that type of behavior is frowned upon.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »
Owning guns and huge ammo clips is NOTHING required by nature. Neither guns nor ammo are "natural" in any sense of the definition of natural, i.e. "coming from nature".

Guns shows are assemblies of ignorant and weird people, at least the ones I have seen. Jacksonville and Pensacola are the centers of racism and fanaticism in this state.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2013, 08:25:32 PM »
Natural rights are rights not contingent upon the laws, customs, or beliefs of any particular culture or government, and therefore universal and inalienable.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 08:27:48 PM »
Gun shows are objectively safer than colledge campusses.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
Highlighting the void is nothing more than calling them out, which is another way of demanding an answer.

That would be YOUR version, not mine.  Mine is simply hilighting for all to see.  Whether they respond or not is completely up to them, and in no way some stealth demanding on my part.   Why you keep assigning some nefarious intention on my part, is beyond me

You should have figured out by now that that type of behavior is frowned upon.

Good thing then I'm not following your version of intent.     ::)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »
Gun shows are objectively safer than colledge campusses.

8)