Author Topic: Obama's Feckless Leadership  (Read 28330 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama's Feckless Leadership
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »
So far as I know, we are not even TRYING to determine why men go berserk, grab several guns and go on a mass murdering spree.

Or drive a car into a crowd of people, or take a knife to try and cut folks up.  You keep focusing on the gun, and skipping the person, committing the crimes.  Focus

Clearly, they are insane. Of course, the legal system does not really recognize insanity as a motive, since the only people who get to use insanity as a defense are people who are both wealthy AND crazy.

That does not mean that it cannot be done.

Which brings us back to square 1, which remains strangely not touched.... how can we best identify the mentally damaged, pathologically inclined folks, as to deny them, and them alone, from accessing anything dangerous, be it firearms, axes, swords, hammers, power tools, cars, etc.?

A person should have to prove his sanity before allowed to own anything more deadly than a one shot musket.

And how is that done, without infringing on their rights?  The people have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms.....and no, not 1 shot muskets. So, are you saying that instead of focusing on how best to identify pathologically insane folks, everyone must pass some......sanity test?  Set up by whom, and administered by whom?

Does that mean for other Constitutional rights, you have to pass specific tests to......protest against the government?  Operate a newspaper?  It's only fiar, if we're going to be infringing on 1 Constitutional right, best infringe on all of them

Now show us what a dick you are by rejecting it.

Just couldn't help put throw in the immature garbage, couldn't you Professor?  Sad   :o
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2013, 06:01:39 PM »
So assigning the tactic to you wasn't erroneous, your perception of my analysis of why you do it is supposedly erroneous.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »
Assigning the nefarious intent, as in demanding some response, which is what this has been all about, was.  No perceptions necessary....your words were clear enough     

Can we be done with this now??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »
. So, are you saying that instead of focusing on how best to identify pathologically insane folks, everyone must pass some......sanity test?  Set up by whom, and administered by whom?

=================================
See, I told you. sirs has this compulsion to be annoying. That is why I don't answer his stupid questions. He does not want an answer, he just wants to prove to himself that he is superior, though he is clearly not.

I say no one has any right to own more than what was in use in 1780. I say that this is not any inalienable right.

I would say that the government would set up the test and it would be administered by experts.

Other  nations have far less of these problems, so we should see what they do to prevent mass murdering sprees.

Mowing down large groups of people with cars does not seem to be an issue. I would focus on the gun nuts, because that is where the problem is.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »
Does that mean for other Constitutional rights, you have to pass specific tests to......protest against the government?  Operate a newspaper?  It's only fiar, if we're going to be infringing on 1 Constitutional right, best infringe on all of them

==============================================
No one kills dozens of little children with a newspaper, so no, of course not.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2013, 06:43:50 PM »
Assigning the nefarious intent, as in demanding some response, which is what this has been all about, was.  No perceptions necessary....your words were clear enough     

The nefarious intent being laying it out there for all to see. Because it highlights XO's inability to answer your questions.

Yeah that isn't calling anyone out.

Can we be done with this now??

Anytime you wish to stop responding is when your part in this discussion is done.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2013, 07:06:29 PM »
This is the way a sir's screed ends,

This is the way a sir's screed ends.

Not with a bang,

But a simper.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2013, 07:26:24 PM »
. So, are you saying that instead of focusing on how best to identify pathologically insane folks, everyone must pass some......sanity test?  Set up by whom, and administered by whom?

=================================
See, I told you. sirs has this compulsion to be annoying. That is why I don't answer his stupid questions. He does not want an answer, he just wants to prove to himself that he is superior, though he is clearly not.

Are you done with that rant?  The question was serious.  You say people need to prove their sanity...did you not??  So, how is that done??  Seriously, how is that done on planet xo?

I say no one has any right to own more than what was in use in 1780. I say that this is not any inalienable right.

What you say, and what the Supreme Court has ruled, not to mention common sense, says otherwise

I would say that the government would set up the test and it would be administered by experts.

So, the Government gets to dictate who is granted their 2nd amendment right.  Well, then let's not stop there, there's a whole slew of other rights we need the Government to test us on, by "experts" of course     :o

(no hard core liberal here.  move along)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:36:58 PM by sirs »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2013, 07:29:03 PM »

The nefarious intent being laying it out there for all to see. Because it highlights XO's inability to answer your questions.

Yeah that isn't calling anyone out.

LOL....but nooooo, Bt was assigning any nefarious intent....it was all just my "perception".  Yea, I think we're done here.  By all means, the last erroneous word is yours   8)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:29 PM »
This is the way a sir's screed ends,

This is the way a sir's screed ends.

Not with a bang,

But a simper.

What's a simper?  Some Diet Cola?  New model Kia?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »
my last post went right over your head, didn't it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »
simper, in this case, is the noun form of a verb.

One of your characteristic activities seems to be simpering. I think you will find it in any English language dictionary.

None of your posts goes over my head. Really.

I find Plane's discussion of snail love darts to be far more entertaining.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2013, 08:43:56 PM »
I see, back with the personal pot shots, screw actual debate/discussion.  SOP  Sad

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »
   We are nit playing a zero sum game .

Sirs , do you know what I mean?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
Yep.  Started around reply #54 unfortunately