Author Topic: Obama's Feckless Leadership  (Read 28328 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama's Feckless Leadership
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2013, 12:41:38 AM »
Your logic is absurd. No one wants to disarm the police.

The "black market" for guns consists of the gun show types. They do not have to pay the rent on a storefront, and they are responsible for something like 40% of all sales.

Whether or not someone buys a gun from a gun show or from an actual dealer has little to do with their degree of responsibility so long as they do not have a record.

The fact remains that the more guns are in circulation, the greater the chances are that one of them will kill someone who was not even breaking the law.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2013, 01:07:08 AM »

The "black market" for guns consists of the gun show types.

WRONG......you name one, just ONE modern day massacre that occurred when the weapon was purchased at a gun show.  Just one.  Good luck with that

There was an interview of a former gang-banger on the radio, and he was asked about how the gangs arm themselves.  He made it painfully clear they could get WHATEVER they wanted, whenever they wanted, on the black market.  Even automatic weapons.  The weapon of choice though was nearly always a semiautomatic pistol.  Easy to conceal, easy to reload.

Not once, was a gun show ever mentioned, as a means of some nefarious purchase of firearms.  In fact, the only real nefarious selling of firearms in mass was the Government's Fast & Furious debacle.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »
You are full of crap.

You know you are full of crap, and yet you persist.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2013, 12:27:17 PM »
So in other words, you have nothing, squat, zip, as it relates to guns used in massacres that came from gun shows.  Not one.  Thank you for that bit of validation         8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2013, 02:58:11 PM »
There is no way of knowing where the guns came from much of the time.

You cannot prove that no guns or ammo used in massacres did not come from gun shows.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
Ahhhh, the ever famous attempt that I prove a negative?  Though the notion of trying to add ammo to the tactic is indeed revealing, as if every bullet ever made is to have some serial number attached to it.  Good gravy.  Most of the time they know exactly where the guns came from, & most of the time stolen or aquired ILLEGALLY

Sorry ball in your court.  Your claim, your obligation to back up that guns from gun shows were used in any modern day massacre, much less some pseudo black market arrangement.  As of this moment, you have squat, & again I thank for the re-validation

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »

The "black market" for guns consists of the gun show types. They do not have to pay the rent on a storefront, and they are responsible for something like 40% of all sales.

Whether or not someone buys a gun from a gun show or from an actual dealer has little to do with their degree of responsibility so long as they do not have a record.

The fact remains that the more guns are in circulation, the greater the chances are that one of them will kill someone who was not even breaking the law.

It is not absurd , it is merely hard for you to understand.

If you had proposed (indeed you did not) disarming all police , I would call your position absurd.
If you had proposed (indeed you do) disarming all responsible and lawabiding citizens ,I am prone to call your position absurd.

You really can't see how much the one is alike to the other, and this is a wonderfull thing.

I cannot observe my own illusions as easily as I can observe your illusions, such a clear illistration is terriffic.

If reduction in Guns percapata really did reduce harm in some absolute way , then reducing the guns the police carry would work.

I don't think it would work out too well to reduce the ablity of the police to shoot, and I do not think it would work out well to reduce the ability of the common man to shoot for exactly the same reasons.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
If reduction in Guns percapata really did reduce harm in some absolute way , then reducing the guns the police carry would work.

And factually speaking, with our gun ownership continually going up, you'd think our country's violent crime rate would be completely out of control, when in fact, its been going down across the country,..... except for a few highly urbanized areas, which ironically have some of the strictest gun control laws.  Doesn't take a nuclear scientist to figure that one out

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »
Ahhhh, the ever famous attempt that I prove a negative?  Though the notion of trying to add ammo to the tactic is indeed revealing, as if every bullet ever made is to have some serial number attached to it.  Good gravy.  Most of the time they know exactly where the guns came from, & most of the time stolen or aquired ILLEGALLY

Sorry ball in your court.  Your claim, your obligation to back up that guns from gun shows were used in any modern day massacre, much less some pseudo black market arrangement.  As of this moment, you have squat, & again I thank for the re-validation

Didn't think so.......so, let's check out what else couldn't be backed up, outside of your "obvious" 99% wrong opinionated say so