Author Topic: Nightime Reading  (Read 7474 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nightime Reading
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2013, 08:25:34 PM »
Now, there are plenty of other, better in fact, combat style, self-defense capable, long guns that will remain available to the public.  They are not however attractive to the type of personality that goes on these killing rampages.

BSB

That is interesting.

What is the most important diffrence?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »
even"Plane?

Yep even Plane

BSB

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »
"What is the most important difference?"

Look it up. Figure it out. Learn something. Further, I mentioned about 5. Further still, look up the creation of the M16 then look up the creation of the M14 or FAL. Compare what they were built to do and what different skills, or lack there of, of the soldiers carring them were taken into consideration. See what kind of enemy was taken into consideration. See how much 250 rounds of the different kinds of ammo needed weighs and what the projected battlefield looked like. Find a Special Operations weapons expert on line and see what he says about each weapon.  See what was being replaced by the newer weapon. See what Delta, or Seal Team 6 members like and why. Shoot each weapon. Carry each one for a week in the woods. I've carried M16 platform weapons for months, day and night. I've also carried an M14 for months, day and night.

You do that then we can talk. There is a reason Gen McChystral and I come to the same conclusion. We know what we're talking about. The AR15 platform weapons should be banned from civilian use.

BSB 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2013, 12:53:28 AM »
claim they know better what you need, and more to the point, don't need.

========================================================
If you have never been threatened by someone else with a gun or some other dangerous weapon, and shot them of driven them away with your gun, then it is clear that you have not needed a gun so far. Remember that just HAVING a gun does not save you: you mist have it ready and I imagine loaded.

I know that the odds that I would both have a gun and have it ready to defend myself when I was unexpectedly threatened is about the same as the odds that I would hit the jackpot in the state lottery. The odds are astronomical, and I hear some moron shooting off a gun in my neighborhood about once a week. So I don't own a gun and I don't buy lottery tickets.
If you don't hear gunfire that often, then you need a gun even less.

I can also say that it is a waste of money to buy lottery tickets. However, if someone buys a lottery ticket, there is no probability that 20 years later someone will steal that lottery ticket and kill someone with it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2013, 12:54:40 AM »
You do that then we can talk. There is a reason Gen McChystral and I come to the same conclusion. We know what we're talking about. The AR15 platform weapons should be banned from civilian use.

BSB

Good thing its not, and won't be.  Thank God for rationally minded Constitutional driven politicians.  Still just enough of them, Democrats included, from keeping the liberal tidal wave from killing too many.

Sirs
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »
claim they know better what you need, and more to the point, don't need.

========================================================
Remember that just HAVING a gun does not save you: you mist have it ready and I imagine loaded.

Yea, and for most responsible gun owners, it IS, and READY to use, especially if you've got a CCW permit

You do what you want, and let the rest of us responsible legal folk do what we want.....such as exercise our 2nd amendment rights, as affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court, if we so chose to    >:(
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 10:49:51 PM »
"What is the most important difference?"

Look it up. Figure it out. Learn something. Further, I mentioned about 5. Further still, look up the creation of the M16 then look up the creation of the M14 or FAL. Compare what they were built to do and what different skills, or lack there of, of the soldiers carring them were taken into consideration. See what kind of enemy was taken into consideration. See how much 250 rounds of the different kinds of ammo needed weighs and what the projected battlefield looked like. Find a Special Operations weapons expert on line and see what he says about each weapon.  See what was being replaced by the newer weapon. See what Delta, or Seal Team 6 members like and why. Shoot each weapon. Carry each one for a week in the woods. I've carried M16 platform weapons for months, day and night. I've also carried an M14 for months, day and night.

BSB

I do not think your argument works.

I have some familiarity with the M-14 that I used in the Navy , and I wouldn't mind having an M-1, but I will not likely have enough oppurtunity to gain the kind of experience an Army career gave you with rifles of all types.

My personal favoriate right now is a Marlin 30-30 that I have owned for years and am interested in Winchester lever actions for when I can afford an upgrade, perhaps 45-70.

What you can relay to me verbally I might understand and might not , but I think the attempt worthwile.

If your information becomes so tecnical that I fail to understand , I will then have good direction for search, I can't study randomly and depend on learning what you think is important beforehand.