Author Topic: Bill  (Read 9092 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bill
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 12:08:34 PM »
There is a reason why soldiers are not allowed to wear sidearms at the Pentagon and other military bases.

....and that reason is....?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
"...and that reason is....?"

Because the MPs would arrest your ass and throw you in jail. Although interestingly as a civilian, and an employee of the Department of Defense, I could carry on base both concealed and open.

BSB
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:03:40 PM by BSB »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 01:13:39 PM »
"....and that reason is....?"

Because the MPs would arrest your ass and throw you in jail.

Ahhh, so "the reason" is that its......illegal.  Kinda makes the point about trying to criminalize 2nd amendment behavior now doesn't it.  I mean, the apparent reason is that its merely to prevent people from carrying them, because they're......all that unstable, and can't be trusted?

And how'd that policy work out with the Fort Hood Shooting, because of course, he wasn't allowed to carry, right?

as a civilian, and an employee of the Department of Defense, I could carry on base both concealed and open.

Wow...sounds like you're a prototypical gun nut.  Although interestingly, I thank you for the reinforcement that there are already guns ON the premises.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 01:18:25 PM »
Of course none of what you posted is anywhere near factual. Don't let that stop you though Chimp.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »
Actually Ben Button, your say so means less than squat.  You'll need to explain what "fact" I've referenced vs questioned, is non-factual.

Ball in your court.....if you've got what it takes to actually discuss points seriously

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »
I suppose you would need to contact the Pentagon. But the fact is, the military has decided that personnel are safer  if everyone except MPs are disarmed than they would be if each soldier, sailor or Marine were packing heat, like the brave sirs.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »
YOU said there's a reason.  What's the reason, outside of the fact that they already have armed personel ON SITE, so of course they're safer...which just keeps reinforcing the point I and many others have been making

BSB

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
The point it reinforces is that in an organized society, order dictates that not every wingding asshole walk around with a firearm. Just the opposite of you've been pushing.

But don't let the fact that you're dead wrong again stop you chimp.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »
And who praytell is claiming that EVERYONE be walking around packing??  You keep getting freedom confused with mandate.  Not surprising when the arguements are emotion driven, Ben

No, what Xo has referenced is PRECISELY what I and others have been pushing, SOME ARMED folks ON SITE.  Not everyone, not everywhere, just those who chose to, and where we, as as society wish to better protect, with children & students being really close to the top of the list

Sorry Ben Button, you've been derailed, yet again

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »
I hardly think that the military tells people to carry their guns "if they feel like it."
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »
In the military, you do what they tell you to do.  Or are you and Ben Button now advocating a militarized police state??   :o

Which doesn't refute the fact that there are armed security on site at the Pentagon and on military bases, that YOU injected into the conversation........for apparently "the reason" to reinforce what I and others have been advocating...armed folks on site

BSB

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2013, 06:02:55 PM »
They have on base, in the case of the Army, Military Police. Just like the civilian have a police force. They do not have on base an MP in every school house, or super market. Nor do they allow their citizens, the soldiers, to walk around armed.

You're just wrong again poster Sirs. 

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 06:33:37 PM »
They have on base, in the case of the Army, Military Police.

ON BASE, as in ON SITE

Just like the civilian have a police force.

No, few of us live across the street from our own police force, or have armed guards mere seconds away.  Not to mention a civilian city is far bigger than a military base's population.  Not to mention the vast majority of those households on a military base, if not all, have firearms in them

They do not have on base an MP in every school house, or super market. Nor do they allow their citizens, the soldiers, to walk around armed.

Not so necessary when the % of population on a MILITARY BASE, is armed to the teeth.  And those with firearms have access to ACTUAL assault rifles.  You can't be that dense.  Ideologically blind perhaps, but not that dense

And all that said, how'd that work out in the Fort Hood Massacre?

BSB

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 06:49:53 PM »
On base is on site huh? Wrong again poster. Taking Ft Hood as an example, since you like it so much. Ft Hood is 1/4 the size of the state of Rohde Island. You could get in trouble at Ft Hood and not have back up there in 3/4 of an hour.

Keep on posting though Mr Sirs.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 06:53:25 PM »
Yea, on base is in site.  But thanks for demonstrating how the Fort Hood massacre happened.  And yea, I'll keep right on posting     8)