Author Topic: pathetic!  (Read 3123 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: pathetic!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 01:09:21 PM »
I'm saying Google can do whatever it wants.  If it wants to take this county's greatest Christian day, outside of Christmas, and pretty much not even acknowledge it, don't expect my patronage

Grasp the difference yet?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »
The difference seems to be that you are a dolt.

You can boycott Google however you wish. It is surely going to be every bit as effective as pissing only on the RIGHT SIDE of the toilet bowl. Google has no obligation to acknowledge Easter or any other day or religion. If you boycott Google, they will not know that they are being boycotted, and there is no reason to suppose that using Bing or Chrome or any other search engine will make Jesus, God or the Holy Spook happier.

You protest is ineffective and futile and only makes you look stupid. Not that you needed much help to look stupid.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
Google has no obligation to acknowledge Easter or any other day or religion. If you boycott Google, they will not know that they are being boycotted,

Who said Google was under any "obligation"?
SIRS is right....you create all these lies and misreps....Strawman Alert!
Companies can cater to clients or take a big ole greasy shit on them.
Taking greasy shits on your customers isnt a long term winning strategy.
Google chooses what they "honor"....this is just an example of their agenda.
They choose to "honor" someone most people could not even tell you who he was,
as opposed to "honoring" one of the most important events in human history.
Billions of people can explain Easter....vs Chavez?....Ha Ha...yeah sure!
So be it...that is their choice...obviously Google has a leftist humanist agenda.
It is also our choice on who to use for a search provider.
And we will make that choice....
If more and more people boycott Google I assure you they will know.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 04:42:09 PM »
Perhaps Google is simply being nonsectarian. They have every right to ignore Easter, just as you ignore Ramadan. Maybe the person in charge of the daily googletoons is Jewish. No one is preventing you from covering your house with lilies or dying eggs or biting the heads off chocolate bunnies in a fit of Christian devotion. Perhaps you could try a self-crucifixion, like those Filipinos. Or watch that hideous Mel Gibson flick. No one will deny you your own personal obsession.

I am entirely convinced that your boycott of Google will not have any impact whatever.

If it makes you happy, then you far too easily amused.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »
And perhaps Google can be nonsectarian on every other day that isn't an embraced religious holiday.  Or not.  Their choice, and they get to reap the repercussions of that choice.  Amazing thing, this thing called Freedom
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »
You want to DENY Google the freedom to celebrate Cesar Chavez instead of Easter.

I find it amusing that bing is apparently okay because they featured painted eggs on Easter on their homepage.

We all know that after the Last Supper, Jesus and his disciples had a fun time decorating Easter eggs laid by the Holy Bunny.

There are those that say that the Holy Bunny is equipped with intricate rectal painting equipment, and pops them out already decorated but this is sheer fantasy. Everyone knows that male bunnies cannot lay eggs. There is no need for females in Heaven, because God and the Angels are all eternal beings and have no need of females to reproduce more of them. There are no lady angels, for example.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:38:24 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »
What part of I'm saying Google can do whatever it wants, did you not understand??

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »
Apparently it cannot celebrate Cesar Chavez instead of Easter without getting boycotted by "Christians".

Somehow, his Easter was ruined by failing to see Jesus celebrated. I wonder if it would be better to show a Jesus suffering on the Cross, a resurrected Jesus, or just an empty cross. I bet there is not a single image for Jesus that would not piss someone off.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »
Googles motto is "Don't be evil".

This is a high ambition , I hope that they can manage it.

Has Google ever acnoledged a Christian event of significance?

http://www.google.com/doodles/finder
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:59:18 PM by Plane »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 12:26:25 AM »
Apparently it cannot celebrate Cesar Chavez instead of Easter without getting boycotted by "Christians".

Sure doesn't DENY them doing whatever they want to do now, does it.  So why you would claim either myself or Cu4 would think that is beyond irrational.  Nor is his or my Easter "ruined".  Another strawman bites the dust

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 12:39:13 PM »
I use google all the time, but not too crazy with it`s workplace ideaology. High IQ over experience. they publicly stated that . which I find funny since their 1st gen laptop was wifi dependent and never considered it maybe used in places that had no internet access. Alot of good high IQ  did. That's a pretty big bonehead mistake.

it still has problems offline

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/508721/new-chromebook-getting-better-but-its-internet-dependence-is-limiting/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:45:03 PM by kimba1 »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
I cannot imagine why anyone would be even remotely upset because Google did not post some Jesus graphic for Easter.
But apparently you and "Christians" were.

The fact is, that America's fastest growing religious attitude is no religion at all. Like Europe, we are progressing beyond ancient stuff like blood sacrifice and ritual cannibalism, as it makes no sense today.

Science has vastly outperformed Jesus in curing leprosy, Coca-Cola has outperformed St. Paul in publicity/ The trend is for established religion to be on its way out. It will never disappear, just like horoscopes and astrology have not vanished, and for the same reasons. Some people crave magic and miracles, and always will. It involves doing no math and using no logic, among other reasons.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
I cannot imagine why anyone would be even remotely upset because Google did not post some Jesus graphic for Easter.
But apparently you and "Christians" were. Even if it did not "ruin" Easter.

The fact is, that America's fastest growing religious attitude is no religion at all. Like Europe, we are progressing beyond ancient stuff like blood sacrifice and ritual cannibalism, as it makes no sense today.

Science has vastly outperformed Jesus in curing leprosy, Coca-Cola has outperformed St. Paul in publicity/ The trend is for established religion to be on its way out. It will never disappear, just like horoscopes and astrology have not vanished, and for the same reasons. Some people crave magic and miracles, and always will. It involves doing no math and using no logic, among other reasons.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 01:26:38 PM »
Trying to rationalize why so many folks shouldn't be bothered that a comapny went out of its way to not even allude to one of the greatest holiday tradiitions, that a vast majority of America celebtrates, doesn't negate that it does.  Nor does your embracing something other than Chrisitianity give you any position of authority on this issue.  Hopefully though you can put all your stramen arguements away, and focus on the issues being discussed, vs strawmen that aren't (you'll let us know the next time a Chrisitian here in America resorts to ritualistic cannabilsm, since you went out of your way to try and connect the 2)    ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 02:07:41 PM »
(you'll let us know the next time a Chrisitian here in America resorts to ritualistic cannabilsm, since you went out of your way to try and connect the 2)

=======================================
Holy Communion is clearly ritual cannibalism: This is my blood, drink it in remembrance of me. This is my flesh, drink it in remembrance of me.

The Roman Catholic Church believe in Transubstantiation, which is the belief that the communion wafer DOES transform into the flesh of Jesus, and the communion wine DOES change into the actual blood of Jesus. Furthermore, this is claimed to be a MIRACLE. By now, many tons of Jesusflesh and tankersfull of Jesusblood have been miraculously consumed by the faithful over nearly 2000 years.

I am not making this up. I fail to see why I have to actually explain Christian dogma to people who presume to know their own religion. You can look up transubstantiation and verify what I have stated. I am not making anything up. I certainly would not make up a miracle involving the miraculous transformation of tons of Jesusmeat and millions of gallons of Jesusblood.

Google, at most, simply decided that Cesar Chavez was more worthy of celebrating than Easter, which was going to be remembered by everyone who thought it was important, anyway. Google correctly saw that Christians did not depend on Google to be reminded of Easter. I cannot understand why "Christians"  got his knockers in knots over this.