Author Topic: Ahmed Abu Khatalla  (Read 2458 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ahmed Abu Khatalla
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 01:10:43 PM »
Oh ye of minimal context ability.....I'm not referring to "every breathing terrorist", professor dodge   ::)   I'm referring to nearly every terrorist we've killed.  How do you rationalize the hypocrisy of killing terrorists with a drone, but with this terrorist, we're supposed to try him in a U.S. civilian court, where as you've referenced, if he wasn't read his Miranda rights, he could walk.  Talk about a Propaganda bonanza for the terrorists
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
The details of why they chose to seize him rather than kill him with a drone have not been revealed. I suspect that it was because he was in a city and they did not want to risk hurting anyone else. I do not think that President Obama subscribes to "Christians" belief that a good Muslim is a dead Muslim. Perhaps there distinct advantages to trying him rather than murdering him with a drone.

In any event any trial that is likely to be publicized should be fair and orderly. The USA does not need to hold kangaroo court show trials.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 07:17:42 PM »
Details as to how he was captured are irrelevent.  The issue is the hypocrisy of trying this terrorist in a civilian court, complete with constitutional protections affored the "innocent until proven guilty", while other far lesser terrorists are judged and executed on the spot

It will be not only a PR propoganda bonanza for the terrorists, but is going to shine a big bright spotlight on the incompetence of both the State Dept and WH, when this fella is allowed to be released, because he wasn't even read his Miranda rights
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »
And you were there, and know this.

Jackass.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
*deflection alert*   I was where??  And what has that to do with the point being made here??   :o   

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 06:16:52 PM »
The point was, you were NOT there, and yet claim that you know what happened.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 07:13:45 PM »
No, not the point, and no, I never claimed any such thing.   ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 12:17:37 PM »
You would have to have been there to know whether they read him his rights, now wouldn't you?

But you were not there, and still, you claim to know.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 01:36:56 PM »
Yea that's what are military special forces do...... read terroists in another country,  their Miranda rights.    ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:10 PM »
Do you think our soldiers are that incompetent that they would screw the entire arrest up by planning to capture this guy and then screw it up on a technicatity.

I like to think they are brighter than you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »
See, this is exactly why the likes of you and Obama have screwed our country and service men.  You think our military goes around arresting people.  That's what law enforcement does, not our military.  They CAPTURE folks that they can, and kill folks they can't capture, or get to surrender.  They don't arrest anyone, or read terrorists, in another country for crying out loud, their fricken Miranda rights.  The exception could be an MP arresting another soldier.

But I think I see the out you're trying to set up....that it's the soldier's fault if they didn't, that they were supposedly incompetent...not Obama's for trying to pull a PR rabbit out of his arse, to try and make up for his incompetent handling of Benghazi
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:30:13 AM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 12:58:29 AM »
If a soldier is sent on a mission to capture a suspect, I imagine that he would be told what to do and could be expected to do as he is told, just as a policeman would.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 01:15:21 PM »
What you "imagine" vs what is reality would be a chasm of difference, I'm afraid.  Soldiers capture or kill.  That's why they use drones.  Police are the folks who arrest folks and read them their rights....in this country

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 02:19:30 PM »
You think that our soldiers are dull programmed entities like the prototypes for Robobcop. They are dumber than the villains in a Chuck Norris film.

It is pretty obvious why they did not simply kill this guy: they thought he could provide them with important ans useful information.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 06:11:37 PM »
No, I think our soldiers are SOLDIERS....NOT POLICE OFFICERS.   ::)  Good gravy, this is basics 101.  Each have their own functions, and has nothing to do with how smart or dumb they supposedly are.  Military will always try to capture someone, regardless of who they are, unless they're defending themselves or in some form of firefight

Not to mention the point that Miranda ONLY applies to the U.S. and only to those arrested by Law Enforcement, NOT THE MILITARY