Author Topic: Michael Brown May Have Juvi Record Relating to Murder!  (Read 3638 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Michael Brown May Have Juvi Record Relating to Murder!
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 03:23:21 PM »
the problem is too many things are messed up there before this incident.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
the problem is too many things are messed up there before this incident.

Yes.

Placing the blame is what is definitely going to happen.

Making stuff better is an option.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
blame will just gum things up. good luck  convincing those businesses the damages are worth overcoming to remain there.  side note would the businesses that defended their property get problems from the community for such actions? L.A. had problems afterwards with those stores that defended their property.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »
L.A. had problems afterwards with those stores that defended their property.

Really?

There is resentment for prevention of looting?

This can't be as bad as the problem of the stores just being absent.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 09:06:19 PM »
obviously less but the difference in l.a. is those store owners were Korean and the riot was the catalyst increase the tension between the races.

if the businesses that defended in ferguson had a history than things may get tough.

note you say defending from looting but that can also look like wiiling to shoot blacks . not saying true but the police there also can`t get folks to see things their way

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »
The Koreans tended to see things as tribal, and refused to treat their Black customers in the same way they treated other customers.

Once I went into a Black owned store in Liberty City, looking for some kitchen stuff, and this woman followed me around, asking "may I help you?" even after I told her what I was looking for. I told her I wanted some metal potscrubbers, and she kept asking the same question. I suppose she though it was payback for some previous incident where she had been harasses=d, but it was most annoying, and I fled without buying anything.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
as troublesome that maybe these types of business owners are the only ones willing set up shop in these areas.  I once notice why asian seem to go to the worst parts of neighborhoods to live then realized compared to where my grandma live these places are easy to deal with. still dangerous as hell but more manageable.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »
I think the idea that the Koreans have is that business is business. You buy stuff for 30ยข and sell it for $1.29 and you make money. The privately owned dollar stores (as opposed to the national brand stores like Dollar Tree) used to have some bargains, but most of them here sell crap at high prices. There is one in North Miami Beach that I visit every week, though that always has some bargains. Breakfast cereal for $1.59 that normally sells for $3.00. Lately, they have been selling a lot of wine at 4 bottles for $10, and some of it is fairly good.

I am no wine connoisseur, but my experience is that restaurant wine is uniformly both bad (as in it tastes like vinegar) and hideously overpriced. The only surefire never bad wine I have found is  Argentine Malbec.  Jewish sweet wine (Manischewicz, Mogan David, etc.)  is also reliably sweet and makes great sangria, it you like sangria.  It is better to buy sweet wine and  not have to sweeten it than to buy dry wine and throw in a lot of sugar. At least that is the way I like it.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »
the problem with dollar stores is they can only sell stuff they can get hands on super cheap. so quality can`t be a factor anymore. it`ll mostly stuff that don`t sell well in the main market. ex mango tang.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 12:50:56 PM »
There are several places that sell dollar store crap wholesale if you buy as little as $50.
Tang is awful in any flavor.
It never tasted anything like fruit juice to me.

There are some useful things in dollar stores, but you have to look at them carefully. I have bought mousetraps than would not work. Made In China, of course.
Chinese products can be very good or downright awful. It depends on the price the person ordering them was willing to pay. The very worst tool I bought was a set of Pakistani socket wrenches. Most of the sockets simply split rather than turned the bolt. The "steel" was more like pot metal. But I bought them used in a yard sale, in an unopened box for almost nothing, so I should not complain.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »
me it`s a can opener. it`s only good for a couple of time then it`s useless. now I`m willing to pay extra certain items if I want it to last.
but anything like napkins dollar stores is ok

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2014, 12:27:07 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987