Author Topic: Brad Pitt: I've Been A Gun Owner Since Kindergarten  (Read 3010 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Brad Pitt: I've Been A Gun Owner Since Kindergarten
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:42 PM »
Did I propose a law or something?

No, I did not.

Who claimed you did??  And even if you had, I suppose I could pull the old Professor literal card and proclaim how you're in no position to propose or pass anything   :o

I simply said that no kindergartner should be given a gun.

And who the hell proclaims that kindergarteners should be allowed to walk around packing a firearm??

It's one thing to purchase a gift for a kindergartner, with the expectation of teaching them how to properly use the item as they grow and mature.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  It's quite another to infer that the notion here is to allow kindergarten-aged Brad Pitts to run around the house with a loaded pistol.  That'd be again argueing a point, no one is making

No 11 years old should be given a car, either.

It's done all the time.  A co-woker right here has already told her recently teened daughter their intention of giving them their old car, as soon as they purchase a new one this year.  And when the teen is old enough to start driving, whalaa, car is already there
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Brad Pitt: I've Been A Gun Owner Since Kindergarten
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »
   I remember it was a big deal to me the first knife I was allowed to have.

There were rules to learn, there was a minimum of behavior to maintain and I could have lost the privilege with any sort of misuse.

I think I owned a rifle at an earlier age than my father mostly because my father was more prosperous than my grandfather.

I never gave a firearm to my children, I lived in town and the things are much easier to manage if most of your neighbors are out of range.

It is between my fathers lifetime and mine that our country is converting to an urban centered culture from a majority rural population.

This is just one of the many things that are hard to change , but impossible to have the same.