Author Topic: no agreeing but need help justifying it  (Read 5345 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: no agreeing but need help justifying it
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 08:29:42 PM »
I am pretty sure that MLK would not be telling Black kids that they rules for dealing with the White cops are "comply or die".

I agree that the Internet and computer programs can be very useful as educational tools. My experience is that most students, White or Black, are far more interested in just passing the course than acquiring knowledge. That was true even when I was in high school.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 08:37:39 PM »
MLK would be telling all kids of all races to comply with an officer's instructions.  In MLK's vision, all people are judged by the content of their character & their actions.  Not by their skin color
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »
Yeah. I recall that when MLK got to the Pettis Bridge, he said, "The nice officers said we cannot cross the bridge, so let's all lie down so they can cuff us and sic the dogs on us".

Your knowledge of history is pathetic.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:16 PM »
Putting aside the attempted asinine analogy to present day, what I recall, and its on record, is MLK advocating the need to ignore color, and treat everyone equally.  Not sure what planet you were on
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 08:31:55 AM »
YOu are such a total simpleton sirs. This country does not treat Black and White people equally. The legal system and the economic system, is very discriminatory.
Someone ought to wave a wand and turn you into a Black guy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »
YOu are such a total simpleton sirs. This country does not treat Black and White people equally.

Because people like Sharpton, JJ, and yourself, refuse to treat people equally.  You're on record as claiming how the black people need the white people's help. The complete polar opposite of MLK's vision.  Now the legal system has its problems, but its not racially discriminatory.  If anything, its more along the lines of financially discriminatory, in that those who are wealthy, be they black, white, brown, or green, are going to be able to hire better lawyers, than those who are dirt poor

And those who are dirt poor have had circumstances and choices that made them that way, be they black, white, brown, or green.  The worse your choices, such as having children out of wedlock, and raising them without a father figure, the more likely that child is going to choose to do their own bad things in life.

There was a study I recall, that said that 3 things a person could do that would almost guarantee that they wouldn't end up poor.  On the top of that list was don't have children until after you're married.  It also included don't have children until after age 21, and IIRC, that any children, be in a mother/father family.  Those 3 things could almost guarantee that a child wouldn't end up in poor or behaving in a thug-like manner that could lead to repetitive altercations with the police....and our legal system.

The common thread here is choices.  Nothing to do with a racist system.  Its the choices one makes that sets the stage for future events.  The more the bad choices above are made, the greater % of bad that's likely to occur from those choices.  And what has helped facilitate bad choices is Government enabling bad choices.  All well intended, but done so without thought of repercussions.  Just the desire to feel good that they're helping the less fortunate out, and who cares who's paying for it, or the ripple effects of more bad choices it causes.  So long as folks like your self, feel better

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »
Everybody needs everybody's help. That is what society is all about.  You do not understand the first thing about the civil rights struggle. You think that it is all over, even though  the average Black family has less than one tenth the assets of the average White family.

No one can educate you, you are fucking hopeless.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »
No, you went out of your way to claim how blacks could not and would not have succeeded in this country withOUT the white man's help.  That's a judgement you made, based purely on skin color, that somehow blacks were less than capable of performing/achieving 

And we are perhaps the most charitable and helpful country on the globe.  I apparently know exponentially more about the civil rights "struggle" than you know spanish.  There are reasons that blacks in general make less and find themselves in jail, in greater percentages than other races.  And its NOT because the system is somehow racist.  It's because of choices they, and more so, their mothers make, which sets them on such a path.  Helped right along by Government "help", such as minimum wage laws and greater rewards for people who make bad choices, using other people's tax dollars

But its nice to see your 3rd grade potty mouth is still fully functional
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:03:00 PM by sirs »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 02:10:30 PM »
not really sure because of bad choices that blame should squarely be on blacks. I reflected on this on a earlier post the things that a black person has to deal with. ex. the act of returning a wallet could get you in trouble . being followed in a store. if you never experienced it I`m not you can say this is trivial. I did and seriously it`s not something you can shake off. I`ved spooked peopled for just returning a dropped item and been often told now you know what it like to be black.

treyvon`s picture was sanitized and people still saw a thug. not saying that kind of life effect all of them but enough to be noticeable. I`ve stated that blacks has excelled to every venture they`ve focused on and I get disagreement. why does such a statement upset people. here I said some black colleges has extreme academic standards and I got disagreement.  my god niece`s relative is pushing to get her to one of those school because of her grades.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 02:36:45 PM »
I never said that, Kimba.  Bad choices extend to all races.  Specifically in laying the groundwork for future bad choices, regardless of race.  And instead of allowing folks to learn from those bad choices, and deal with the repercussions, Government rewards them with subsidy after subsidy after tax payer payed subsidy.  The rewarding then enables still more bad choices, which as you can see in the results, creates a massive ripple effect of greater probablility of disrespectiting authority, & thug-like, even criminal behavior.  This applies to any and all races. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »
but the things is we only hear the failure of these subsidies . I stated one security company hires at risk people by tax incentive had a very high success rate but noted only the small percent that failed tends to be the primary topic to be discussed .in fact I had to asked to even get that info. I personally know people who has a talent to make bad choices and it`s totally got nothing to do with these programs in fact they tend to get kicked out of those.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 03:16:04 PM »
As has been so often the case, its those few failures and "incidents" that screw things for the vast majority.  The few gun crimes committed by mass murders is portrayed as some epidemic that requires massive gun control, is but 1 example.  The point I'm making is that rewarding bad choices with Government susbidies enables even more bad choices, since the person(s) making the choices, knows that their behavior will be excused, if not rewarded.....with other people's $$$$

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
well

the ones I think were talking about is too many for to know about but when it comes to debt I do know people who think a credit card is free money since they don`t think they need to pay it back because they`ll just simply declare bankruptcy . this has gone on for decades but I think rules have changed so such things can`t been done anymore. I think easy credit has worped our minds . the statement you have no money has less strength since you can still get a loan . we really should fear getting into debt more.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
I think easy credit has worped our minds . the statement you have no money has less strength since you can still get a loan . we really should fear getting into debt more.

So true