Author Topic: Zut alors, My kind of people! Tous sommes Charlie!  (Read 1461 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Zut alors, My kind of people! Tous sommes Charlie!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »
    I never wanted freedom to make a crude joke so much.

As right now.

These terrorists think they have done something good for Islam?

Wow, that is a crude joke.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:06:13 AM »
Any religion that needs to be defended from ridicule by force is a bogus religion.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 01:02:14 AM »
Gideon once knocked over an idol.

A posse of outraged worshipers asked Gideon's father where he was because they wanted to do him in.

Gideon's father said that if Baal was offended ,let Baal take care of the offender.

So yes , God should be looking after his own dignity , this seems to be a policy he approves of.

And Gideon's dad? What a rock!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 01:27:21 AM »
.................. named them as Said Kouachi, born in 1980, Cherif Kouachi, born in 1982, and Hamyd Mourad, born in 1996.

The police source said one of them had been identified by his identity card which had been left in the getaway car.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/07/us-france-shooting-idUSKBN0KG0Y120150107?utm_source=twitter

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »
If you think it is a false idol, why not leave it alone?

The main problem with all the Sand People Religions is that each thinks it is superior to and exclusive of the rest.

In Japan it is perfectly normal to be a Shinto all your life and have a Buddhist funeral, because Buddhists are better at funerals. You can be a Buddhist or a Confuscist or a Taoist and practice the rituals of one of the other religions.

There are Americans who say we have no freedom FROM religion in the US. They are, of course, full of crap.

Religions are desperately needed by some, but some can get along without them very well. It is a psychological thing, there is no real logic to it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 09:25:25 PM »
  I would not say that this is about religion, the main event is unmitigated murder.

The guilty want the religion to mitigate it a bit, but it shouldn't matter to us , and to God it is most likely just irritating.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 11:24:49 PM »
There was no motive for these clowns to murder the cartoonists other than their warped religion,

After the Thirty Years War, the Hundred Years War and numerous other wars, Europeans finally decided to stop fighting over religion.

The Spaniards discovered treasure beyond their wildest dreams and pissed it all away fighting the Turks and the Dutch and the Germans and the English over religion.

I doubt that this Islamic war thing will last even 20 years longer. The Europeans fought off and on for 1400 years about religion.