Author Topic: McDonalds answers Left ridiculous demand for $15 min wage!  (Read 25547 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: McDonalds answers Left ridiculous demand for $15 min wage!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:50:04 PM »
Only about 15% of all the McDonalds' are owned by the parent company. The vast majority are owned by franchisees, many of whom will refuse to pay for what McDonald's charges for these things.

$15 an hour is the equivalent of the minimum McDonald's was paying when they first opened, selling burgers of 15¢ and fries for 12¢.

Using machines will only work if the public accepts using them.

Americans should be paid a living wage.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 12:09:17 AM »
If you look at the number of kiosk it out numbers the clerks. On paper it makes sense but in practice im confidate it'll have limited success if any. Lucky has a auto pay system and it's super easy to steal stuff from that store now. Also theu breakdown alot.

Onething commercial technology can never solve is wear and tear

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 12:12:17 AM »
Hey
I just remembered a burgerking had this last year. It's gone now. Meaning it's not going well for those machines

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 04:34:13 AM »

Americans should be paid a living wage.

No.

This is a seductive but pernicious idea.

If you paid the workers more across the board , then the value of the money goes down.

If you pay more than the real value of the work , then the business looses profit and becomes unsustainable.

Profit is not an option, it is a necessity.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 07:39:26 AM »
Actually plane you just supported minimum wages increase when you say pay for the value of the work. The increase is actually not about living wage but about cost of living adjustment due to several delays in the pass from increases so this is really is paying for the worth of the labor. When people now complsin the bad service is not worth the wage is actually proof. They are actually confirmming how much the wage has been delayed has cause the mindset has not caught up with the price of everything else.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »
If labor was worth three times the rent of a modest apartment in 1970, then it should be worth three times the rent of an apartment today. And clearly, it is not.
The Oligarchy has used a variety of tools to keep unemployment high enough to enable them to pay shit wages and this is abolishing the middle class.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »
It is really easy for companies that introduce automation to get great reviews. They write a puff piece about how modern they are, and submit it with their advertising buys. Restaurants that advertise get great reviews, more often than not.

Winn Dixie installed checkout machines several years ago.  Being as WD has the practice of pricing stuff at $2.98 on the shelf and then charging $3.98 when it goes past the register, and then taking 15 minutes to verify the price, and then telling you that "someone forgot to take last week's special price off the shelf, This resulted in those customers who paid attention to the prices marked forming a huge line after they were bilked by the goddamn machines.

The Miami Herald ran a story about how everyone LOVED the new WD machines.

So believe this crap if you believe in the tooth fairy.

Check out how McDonald's ads advertise a special price, and when you get there, well, you cannot find the price, the item or both. And what is closest to what you remember being advertised is at least $2.00 more than the price you saw in the paper. And damn! you left that paper at home, didn't you?

Mickey D screws his customers and screws his help as well. There are worse restaurants, of course, but many are better.

Home Deport's robo cashiers seem to work well. But then again, a 2X4 is not something you eat.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:47:04 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
It is really easy for companies that introduce automation to get great reviews.
They write a puff piece about how modern they are, and submit it with their advertising buys.

Or the reality is...a lot of the machines work great.
I notice at grocery stores, Walmart, Lowes, etc...
the checkout machines are readily used by customers especially the younger generation.
I use them often!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »
They have none at a

It is one thing when you scan the merchandise and see the charge appear. It is NOT THE SAME THING when you are SELECTING the merchandise from a menu on a screen. It might be easier, but it also might be more confusing. Next time you go to McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, notice the menu that is posted. Very often many similar or identical items are listed twice. Once with a BIG image (and a larger price) and again, with a teensy image and a lesser price. The KFC in my area does not list prices for drinks at all.

However, the issue here is not really the replacement of human beings with robots, it is the fact that many jobs do not pay a living wage and often have schedules that vary from week to week, so working a second job is difficult to impossible.

This is a consumer society. When the consumer has insufficient money to consume, everyone suffers. In the 1950's and 1960's, one could live on the minimum wage, and very often one could work 40 hours per week as well. The rich bastards that run the show need to pay living wages to everyone to keep this consumer society going. They are resisting all attempts to do this, claiming that the poor drudges do not deserve even $750 an hour or a 40 hour week, because they are not interested in keeping this economy going all the time, just for the next year or so.

Every year the few at the very top, which I doubt include you, own more and more of the country, and the standard of living is crumbling.

I really is not about Mickeyburgers. It is amazing that you fall for stupid puff pieces like that Mickeyburger thing. I thought you were smarter than that.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 11:56:28 AM »
Those machine can never be used in high crime areas supermarkets. It's real easy to pretend to scan and place in your bag. Remember it's one clerk per four machine so nobody is watching you. That clerk may not even be there

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »
In the 1950's and 1960's, one could live on the minimum wage,

When I started working as a dishwasher in 1974 the minimum wage best I can remember was about $1.70 per hour
I doubt many people were living on that.
It was for first time jobs, teenagers, etc...
Those were job training wheels for youth
Now illegals have taken many of those jobs from Americans
Oh...but we gotta let the senors and their ninos all in....booowhoo

The problem is the gvt.....
the explosive growth of gvt has to be paid by someone...money doesn't grow on trees.
Also the gvt has debased/devalued the worth of money by printing money to cover immoral deficits.
So money does not go as far anymore....because gvt has debased our currency thru printing/borrowing
It's a sneeky/immoral way to hurt working people and the poor....make their money worth less.

I really is not about Mickeyburgers.
It is amazing that you fall for stupid puff pieces like that Mickeyburger thing.
I thought you were smarter than that.

Of course it's not about McDonalds.....
it's about liberals pretending money grows on trees
Forcing companies to pay unskilled labor more than they are worth raises prices for soccer Moms.
clearly a hidden tax on those it hurts the most!
Min wage doesn't "hurt" me.
I can afford higher prices across the board....I am not buying 6 happy meals for rug-rats.
Soccer Moms can't as easily afford higher prices you cause that are passed on to the consumer.
Automation will continue to rise not only because of technology, but because "do gooders"
that think they are helping people, but really screw people....see "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor".

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »
Not a one of those "immoral deficits" was important when we pissed away billions in Iraq in a stupid and useless invasion.

Has printing money caused inflation?
If it has, you can still get more yen, euros, Swiss francs and rubles for your dollars now than in the past 30 years.

]The American economy is not sustainable.  Just as the current use of carbon fuels is not sustainable.

If people do not have money in a consumer society, then they will not consume, and those who supply the goods they used to consume will also be out of business.

I managed to get a BA and only borrowed $1800 on a NDEA loan. Minimum wage was 80¢ an hour in 1960. I put wheels on Falcons and Ford paid me $2.35. I sold velvet Elvis paintings  and tripled my money. And I do not think I consumed anything new other than food or gasoline, which were not available used.

You perhaps need to google "How the Federal Reserve Creates Money". You might find it informative and you would stop sounding like someone who slept through Econ 101.

The people working at my local Checkers and KFC are NOT teenagers: they are mostly women in their thirties and forties.