Author Topic: McDonalds answers Left ridiculous demand for $15 min wage!  (Read 25545 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: McDonalds answers Left ridiculous demand for $15 min wage!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 01:38:32 PM »
Cu this is very doubtful. I remember many people living on minimum wage in the midwest. In the 80's you can fill a shopping and not tip over $20.

I stated the wage is acost of living adjustment so it totally equally with worh of the labor.I'll say it again i eas originally was against it untill it was point out to me in the past that people used to be able to live on it. So the more i gave it thought to greater it made sense and none of the arguements seems to w ork anymore to me.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
Cu this is very doubtful. I remember many people living on minimum wage in the midwest.

what is doubtful that any large segment of Americans lived on min wage for very long

When I started min wage was around $2 x 40 hours = $80 a week?
I don't remember many people living on $80 a week

Min wage in 1981 = $3.35 x 40 hours = $134 a week.

Most people did not stay on min wage long
it was for entry level and youth

that is until the Left/Unions/Big Gvt caused the problem
by debasing the currency, started giving "free" goodies away for votes, or exploded = gvt growth
all the jobs started going automated, overseas, or allowing border chaos slave labor from Mexico
it now takes two incomes to meet all the taxes and devalued currency the gvt has caused
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 02:09:10 PM »
The government has cause NONE of these problems, even though you love to hate it.

Robots have taken many jobs. No one gets paid to pump gas any more. The car factory where I used to work has a fifth the workers it did in 1962.
Over the years, anti labor lawyers have made it almost impossible to start a union. We should have MORE unions. Unions are the only way a regualr worker can get any leverage with management. Pay us what we are worth  or we will shut your sorry ass down tomorrow.  Works like a charm.

The currency has not been debased.  The only way that booms and busts can be prevented is a steady rate of inflation of 2 to 3%. That is simple economics.  Booms and busts are normal traits of capitalism. If you study the history of this country, you can see this. Up through Hoover, there was a crisis, a bust or a depression every 7 to 10 years. Stop listening to Reaganite simpletons who do not know shit from Shinola. Jeez!
]
The idea of putting the women to work is a way of squeezing more productivity out of the population. It is the dream of all capitalists to squeeze as much as possible.
International trade deals have been written to put this country's workers in a race to the bottom.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 02:25:15 PM »
 It may of been for entry level and youths but I see alot of old folks in those jobs.also entry level are getting pretty complicated so a higher wage is still justified

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »
Pay us what we are worth  or we will shut your sorry ass down tomorrow.  Works like a charm.

Ha Ha....hilarious non-sense!
Yes it's worked like a charm to send jobs overseas!
Look at the chart...more gvt, more regulations, more unions = the jobs drop off a cliff!

The government has cause NONE of these problems

The gvt has caused almost ALL of these problems.
The bigger the gvt the bigger the lobbyists.
The bigger the gvt the bigger the special interests.
The bigger the gvt the bigger the corruption
The bigger the gvt the bigger the costs of gvt regulations on the economy.
The bigger the gvt the more it takes two incomes to make ends meet.

The currency has not been debased. 

The government has absolutely debased the currency.
Currency is debased when government prints excessive amounts of money.
When the Government just prints more money and introduce it into the system
also known as "quantitative easing" it doesn't make us richer, it makes us poorer.
Your wages are suddenly worth less. Your savings are worth less.
In many years if you had put aside $100 one year, the following year it in effect is worth only $95.
The Government banks on us not noticing.
Most of us don't realize the currency is being debased.
We just think prices are rising for "some reason".
It is the ultimate stealth tax.

Look what the Federal government and Federal reserve have done to the poor old US Consumer
with their reckless budgets, huge borrowing, and printing of excess money to cover deficits of spending
so much more than they take in....trillions more than they take in! It's a crime and immoral!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 06:26:37 PM »
Actually plane you just supported minimum wages increase when you say pay for the value of the work.

No.

The real price of that chair you sell at a yard sale is what someone is willing to pay for it.... $10 maybe.

If they discover it is an actual Chippendale and resell it at a Sotheby auction ....$1100 maybe.

It is the same chair only the provenance changed , not the old chairs ability to bear your weight.

If the government tells your prospective employers that you cannot be hired for less than $N then all the ones that cannot afford $N are out of the running to hire you, also all the ones that do not think you will make $N+profit in your productivity.

Perhaps your abilities and knowledge would improve the entire company and your productivity will actually be   $N x 1100. But if the employer doesn't even know you are worth $N he will never risk hiring you at even one times $N.

Now if your skill is a scarce one and you are able to show that you will easily produce many times the minimum wage in your work effort, why would you be interested in a minimum wage? Supply and demand determine value for employers also , so when everyone in town wants to hire you , you pick the best offer.

Now who gets set up by the government , to be the most desirable employee in town? This is always going to be a guy that took care of his own motivation and found his own skill.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »
Democrats did not make robots more efficient than people. That is just absurd.

Capitalism causes boom and bust cycles, and will always do so unless there is a small amount of inflation. The busts are far worse for the average non investor than the booms. There was inflation when Regan and both bushes were president, and there will continue to be inflation during the next president's term.

The dollar has lost less of its value than the Euro, the Yen, the Pound, the Swiss Franc and the Ruble.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »
Democrats did not make robots more efficient than people. That is just absurd.

It is not absurd , it is a concept.

Most robots have a high front end cost , then maintenance and depreciation much like a car.

People grow more skillful as they work so it is almost the opposite , the elder employees are more valuable than the young (excepting heavy lifting type jobs).

So a Robot will be evaluated as a fixed cost, an employee as a variable cost .

But there are always a few jobs where the cost of one is nearly the same as the cost of the other.

A mandated increase in the cost of an employee   pushes this margin in the direction of an advantage for the robot.

So... the margin can be moved , by the government.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 07:45:50 PM »
Plane that analogy is not exactly workable before the introduction of minimum wage virtually everything eas going into a snails pace due to very low spending . After minmum wage did encourage more higher spending which alllowed more higher end business to florish more.

All your anology is totally dependent on the employer to know the value of work by the employee. The flaw is by nature he will always think what he pay is more than enough and no surprise alot of time it maybe less. He'll never notice all his overheadl has gone up and that may correlate with cost of labor.
The ironic thing is thinking os so common your not gonna see wage increase due to competition. Most likely wages are not even allowed to be talked about in business.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »
        Because they have to guess what a new hire will be worth in work, won't they tend to bet carefully?  Therefore hire less?
         What your productivity does for the business is what they hire for, if they can't determine that you will earn your pay and contribute to profitability why hire at all?

They have to guess what you are really worth.

This is what makes a degree and a portfolio so valuable.

I once went to a job interview in good clothes, but the employer wanted nothing but to see how well I could weld.

So I borrowed some leathers and ruined my shoes and landed that job, my paper resume never being read at all.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 08:50:23 PM »
Welder makes minimum wage?

But by nature the employer will naturally want to naturally undercut whether it's consciously or not. I did say employer may not know he maybe shorting his staff. You did state it's a pocket change entry job so the determinating factors are also minimul. It's not that high of degree value jugdement. I even got hired at mcdonalds. It's is one of the most challenging jobs i ever done . I scoff at people who think these job are beneath them and say you only think that way because you can't handle it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 08:51:21 PM »
The point is that Americans should be paid enough to live on, period.

The value added by the employee is not something absolute, it depends on how many are available to do the job.

Selling stuff is difficult, so successful salesmen are paid a lot, even though they do not add to the value of anything.

No matter how the economy is doing, there are always lots for salespeople of the type they call "self-starters" who can sell crap of any sort to anyone.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Im not really supporting this as a living wage thing. It's purely economic reason to increase spending. I want America to avoid being a nation of walmart customers.  Despite the fact ever since i found one i have been a frequent customer and plan not to stop. I admit hipocracy. But i notice how run down that area is. Im using walmart as a sign of a problem.

A nation of small spenders is not gonna help us out of anything.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 09:14:40 PM »
Wal Mart is often not the cheapest place to buy stuff. Their proce on bananas is always the same, while in the Latino supermarkets, it is usualy less, and often MUCH less, like  25¢ a pound vs. 69¢

But Wal mart is simply a retailer in a consumer society. They are not the lowest paying employer and far from the worst place to work.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 09:48:59 PM »
The point is that Americans should be paid enough to live on, period.

Evil , seductive idea. 

People that do not create , are fed of pity.

People that create , create money , only if their creation is good for another person.