Author Topic: McDonalds answers Left ridiculous demand for $15 min wage!  (Read 25568 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: McDonalds answers Left ridiculous demand for $15 min wage!
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 08:04:27 PM »
News Flash.....THEY ARE PAYING MORE ALREADY     ::)

One thing for sure, you remain as unable to remain civil or respectful to anything political that doesn't agree with you
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »
Americans still wash cars but with machines and i already anwered why full service went away. Americans are cheap bastards and only people pretending to be disable want full service. So full serive has to go . I've been working in gas stations for ten years and totally know this. I remember odd and even days

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »
  I have picked up a lot of pecans .

Not lately , I make better money on my regular job.

But I remember how much it was a struggle for me to pick up enough pecans to equal minimum wage, meanwhile some people were a lot more agile and practiced and were able to pick up several times what I could .

Was it fair that I was paid a lot less than the guys that picked up a lot more pecans?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2015, 08:32:09 PM »
.....oh, and how's this for rank Hypocrisy.  In LA, we had the labor unions with their bought & paid for politicians, get this disastrous passage of the $15min wage by City Council, only NOW, they're pushing for a waiver......for union run businesses, knowing the net result negative hit businesses will take

It doesn't get much more rank, than that
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2015, 08:46:09 PM »
Actually that confirms my suspicions that unions are so different they cannot take credit any more for what happens to labor anymore.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »
Union run businesses has minimum wage jobs???

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2015, 08:53:01 PM »
The LA raise in the minimum wage is scheduled to take place gradually between now and 2020.
I doubt that sirs actually understands wheat he thinks he has read about unions.

There are lots of Americans washing cars and picking things here in South Florida.

Picking jobs are basically piecework jobs. They must pay the minimum, but if you can pick more than what has been established as a regular pace, then you get paid more.

Piecework was also used in the needle trades, with the difference that NO ONE could do even as much as what some fool had decided was the base rate.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
Piece work is mostly done by immigrants so im quite skeptical of any sympathy of those jobs being outsourced and people complaining of the plight of those jobs. In the past when i talk about the problems of outsourcing the answer i get its not of much concern. Funny that now it is.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »
I know exactly about the scheduled increase in the minimum wage over the next several years.  It changes absolutely nothing on the points of what increasing the wage does to businesses (especially the smaller ones), the increased unemployment for those businesses just barely making it, or the rank hypocrisy of the labor unions supporting the LA City Council's passing the increase, while seeking a waiver that exempts them from it

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
Piece work is mostly done by immigrants so im quite skeptical of any sympathy of those jobs being outsourced and people complaining of the plight of those jobs. In the past when i talk about the problems of outsourcing the answer i get its not of much concern. Funny that now it is.

I am old enough to remember when most petty jobs were done by young people , mostly people who went home to their parents afterwards.

This is the sort of job that the minimum wage eliminates, work that has a lower worth than the cost of a minimum wage employee.

Starter jobs are important , but a kid can't get one until his abilities are equal to the minimum wage.

There is no reason at all to make every job a living wage job, it is just putting the lower level out of the reach of starters, or firmly into the black market.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2015, 04:17:28 PM »
Well the times has changed and parents are less inclined to lets thier kids to work so minimum wages more likely don't have access to teens like it does in the past. Don't forget thier teens so the businesses have to work harder to deal with these unpredictable workers. We got alot of youtube proof its not akways the best interest for businesses to hire that young. The concept as a learning experience requires normally one extra element people neglect. The parent or relative is involved.

Every single slacker i trained which has a parent who works there is actively making sure he or she shows up on time. The ones without that rarely makes it. The rare ones that makes it all has an economic interest beyond pocket change.

If you think about it the lack of teens makes alot more sense adults can do more work and has less restrictions . Unless your one of those shadey employers who knows how to cheat teens out of pay which happens alot. Remember teenagers are too young to know labor laws so it super easy to trick them out of anything. Thiers even a movie about a fastfood girl tricked into sex recently based on a true story .

It's the very reason the military prefer the youngest recruits becayse thier the most programable.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »
Oops
For got mention this is not against teen working but something to be aware how vulnerable teens are . I actually know some kids (plural) who got tricked into doing alot of work for free . I refuse to to put teens into the they should know better discussion.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »
   We could be discussing monitored or regulated or supervised apprenticeship, or work education .

Instead we have eliminated all the little jobs and started "intern" programs , some of which are onerous work for free.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2015, 05:28:18 PM »
Some of those intern programs are ill thought out by some colleges. It was mentioned if a course requires am internship that does not pay then literally the student is actually because of tuition is paying to work which take time away from studying  on top of the time being in that class.

Actually I don't recall trade apprenticeship going away in fact the demand is higher than ever since it's not trendy

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2015, 06:21:46 PM »
  So, does a kid living with his parents , or an apprentice early in training HAVE to have a "living wage"?

This is a requirement that only makes the job harder to get and harder to provide.

Is it possible to have jobs that cost the employer more than they produce for the employer?

If it is possible there would have to be a limit to it.