Author Topic: McDonalds answers Left ridiculous demand for $15 min wage!  (Read 25562 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: McDonalds answers Left ridiculous demand for $15 min wage!
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »
Im abit slow but just realize were in hard to get entry level work territory. When you're in this area we get into another other subject. You see even adults has fetting work and still it has nothing to do with minimum wage but it does involve money. Businesses fir the past decade are starting to stop devoting resources to training and just hire experienced people only. A couple a years ago businesses are complaining school are not training thier grad to be job ready. Which was always the businesses job since no school can possibly know what to train students.

Which is why i said on anther post texass instrument is a great company due to its famous training program

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2015, 07:43:45 PM »
  Perhaps the government should do what it can to make hiring young trainees a greater expense and a greater risk?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
Government has entry level jobs which only require very limited requirements. It's how I got my job.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »
Bank teller,notary public,book keeper.   These are the jobs you can get at the age of eighteen without college. I did a if you can go back and tell your young self test

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2015, 12:08:53 PM »
  Is eighteen a good age for a fellow to have his first job?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2015, 12:49:29 PM »
I don't think in terms of age but in terms of need. If the kid can go college and not pay a dime but is focusing on studies than no. But if the kid needs books for school than yes. Alot of my relatives didn't work til into thier twenties and they all got degrees.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2015, 03:23:53 PM »
I don't think in terms of age but in terms of need. If the kid can go college and not pay a dime but is focusing on studies than no. But if the kid needs books for school than yes. Alot of my relatives didn't work til into thier twenties and they all got degrees.

Even so , there is not a reason to eliminate all jobs that pay less than a living wage.

There are people who need the small jobs , and are able to move up.

But the elimination of the small jobs does nothing to produce more jobs that pay better.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »
No one eliminates crappy jobs. Large corporations essentially do not offer them. For every McDonalds that pays crappy wages, there are two or three jobs that pay  even less. The Latino supermarkets have small children, nine years or under that bag groceries, and I suspect that they are the children of the underpaid checkout women, working only for tips. Crappy jobs are regularly advertised in the Spanish language newspapers here. They pay less than the minimum wage, but they know that the EEOC and the Labor Dept have no Spanish or Creole speaking people that will investigate. There are piecework needle trade jobs in which the seamstress must pick up and deliver sub-assemblies of clothing, and must own their own industrial sewing machines to do the work on. It speaks well of Singer that they made machines before WWI that are still in use.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2015, 04:23:39 PM »
I'm not on this issue for living wage. I support this to increase spending so businesses actually gets a chance to thrive. Stagnent labor cost mean the business will unlikely get more customers.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2015, 06:22:58 PM »
   So a large hike in the minimum wage will have the first effect of increasing the black market of labor.

Eliminating only the jobs that cannot be hidden.

Increasing the wages paid , out of funds that are never missed elsewhere.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2015, 06:37:57 PM »
What jobs are black market?

Im adressing economics issues

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »
What jobs are black market?

Im adressing economics issues

The black market is an important part of the economy , it just isn't taxed.

I know some people who lived for years on under the table money , you get more bang for the buck if you are not skimming taxes off. Thus a lower pay rate becomes survivable and the employer who could not afford the overhead of a real employee hires two on the sly.

The downside is how little they are building credit with the SS administration.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »
Oh you mean under the table.

Well Since I've been gone I had more thought and will answer this differently. Your premise is raised minimum wage is the villian for all the problems you have previously stated. I on the other hand am thinking and existing problems can be helped with increased wages. On the present matter of losing sidejobs for teens, i say unfortunately even if wages were delayed its highly likely those jobs would go anyway. Why? Because if alittle thing like increased wages can eliminate them then thiers is no way a business owner will not be tempted to get rid of them later on to increase profit. In fact downsizing is viable if spending doesn't increase .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2015, 09:24:18 PM »
    It is as though no one got paid any wages at all before there was a minimum wage.

No one hires anyone so that they can have a job, the job is for the work not the worker.

When there is full employment wages tend to rise , this is not a function of government.

When the government makes small jobs illegal, what has it really done?

The desperate break the law , and the law produces this desperation.

Right now only a small percentage of us make minimum wage , when the minimum is raised there will be a greater number at the minimum , and an other greater number working tax free for low wages.

How would this result in more value in circulation? It might cause more money to be in circulation, but this is more money paid on the same or less new value.

Lets say that you produce value at your job, at a steady rate, this is very likely actually true.
    So then lets say that with no other change your pay rate is doubled.
     To your employer the value received per dollar has been cut in half.

Can you cut the value of the money that much , and restrict the effect to only a part of the population , only a portion of the economy?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2015, 10:20:32 PM »
Before minimum wage was around a massive amount of people got super low pay and some zero because they simply got ripped off. But nothing got done. Businesses simply can't progress if nobody can buy much.

more people maybe looking for under the table work but that doesn't mean it available. If your pay doubles thats simply to the detrement to the business and has nothing to do with the topic on hand.

The idea of raising pay due loss increases equals radicall increasing to extreme has no bearing at all.

None of this has anything to do with stimulating the economy. At least raising pay will let people buy more stuff.