Author Topic: Bonus gun nut for July attacks Louisiana theater  (Read 5240 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bonus gun nut for July attacks Louisiana theater
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2015, 10:04:22 PM »
Outside of Plane, I don't think you'll come across any of us good gun nuts, who are pushing for mandatory gun ownershp.....much like the Swiss.  Nor does the NRA.  It's all about freedom. ... freedom to chose to own or not to own.  To carry or not to carry.  The problem comes in when those who chose not to, advocate every endeavor to inhibit, if not prevent others their freedom to own or carry
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2015, 05:04:58 AM »
Mandatory gun ownership is insanity.

So you would be uncomfortable in Switzerland  or Kennesaw, safe, but uncomfortable.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2015, 09:40:39 AM »
The Swiss do not require gun ownership.  They require some reserve soldiers to have rifles in their homes.

I assume that Kennesaw, wherever that is, is a place of much insanity, or perhaps you just made it up.

It does not matter: compulsory gun ownership is insanity.

And I fail to see how it would make me safer than I am now.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2015, 10:00:43 AM »
The Swiss do not require gun ownership.  They require some reserve soldiers to have rifles in their homes.

LOL....which is the same as mandating gun ownership

It does not matter: compulsory gun ownership is insanity.

And yet you push that we adopt a Swiss like model for owning guns.  I sure wish you'd make up your mind

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2015, 11:10:17 AM »
All Swiss are NOT members of the military. Women are not, males that have not served in the military are not, men who are no longer in the reserve are not.

The Swiss do NOT require gun ownership for even a majority of its citizens.

They are also required to account for all ammunition used.

It is not that I need to "make up my mind": it is that you are incapable of using your own.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »
Not only can you not make up your mind, you're borderline schizophrenic.  You literally start a thread about how we need to adopt the swiss mode of gun control, and then literally shoot down every aspect of it, that would likely lead to less people being shot.  The ONLY thing you cling to, with every fingernail of irrationality left however, is some massive federalized registration system, that you have yet to explain how it would stop even one person from getting shot     :o
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:48:51 AM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2015, 11:36:54 PM »
All Swiss are NOT members of the military. Women are not, males that have not served in the military are not, men who are no longer in the reserve are not.

The Swiss do NOT require gun ownership for even a majority of its citizens.

They are also required to account for all ammunition used.

It is not that I need to "make up my mind": it is that you are incapable of using your own.

The Swiss situation has tightened up in recent years, you are describing how it is now.

After centuries of having very easy accessibility and plenty of ammunition and a low crime rate.

Now there is a registration , and still a low crime rate, and there is less accessibility , not a lot less, but less , and still a low crime rate.

Having the gun does not make the owner shoot people , registering the gun does not prevent the gun from misuse.

Crediting the present Swiss situation  on recent Swiss law ignores their long history of being generally well armed and well behaved.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2015, 06:22:57 PM »
I do think the cat is out of the bag, in that the insistance on nothing more than a massive federal registration system, has about 1% to do with preventing people from getting shot (since not once, has even 1 explanation been given on the how it accoplishes that part), and 99% to do with the 1st step in confisication of firearms from law abiding citizens.  Keep in mind, folks like xo, are on record as wanting to abolish the 2nd amendment.  To them, law abiding folks like myself, Cu4, & Hnumph, should have no such right.  It wouldn't be an immediate process, as the left has learned to turn up the heat slowly.  It'd be a continuation in the process of systematically banning this, then a ban of that, but you can keep x, y, & z......until of course they need to ban x.......then y........then of course, z

There is no other reason for a massive Federal database, given how easily the Fed, in particular the Executive branch, will supercede its Constitutional limitations & authority to simply institute that which they believe just has to be done.  Registration does nothing to prevent anyone from getting shot.  That's been clearly established.  And just because other countries do it, doesn't take into account that those other countries don't have a version of a 2nd amendment, as we do.   So until a clearly worded explanation can be provided as to how a Federal Registration of guns prevents thugs & murderers from shooting people, such shrill support of such is moot

And no, not "Well.....the Swiss register their guns", isn't credible to how such an action prevents criminal shootings either

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2015, 07:30:05 PM »
The Swiss have a significantly higher number of gun crimes than other Western European countries.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2015, 08:08:19 PM »
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the point being made, but thank you for playing

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2015, 09:12:15 PM »
................................nothing more than a massive federal registration system,.......................... and 99% to do with the 1st step in confisication of firearms from law abiding citizens. ..............................

Yes , this seems like a reasonable suspicion.
Considering the history we have of gun laws being pushed as if every restriction of any kind would be a good idea.
Then enforcement being kept lax , as if to make another rule seem like a good idea.

To me the key thought is how politically useful the issue is , there my be a layer of the party that is not motivated twards solution.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2015, 09:27:27 PM »
Hit the nail on the head Plane.....a concerted effort by fhe branch responsible to enforce existing laws, fo be laxed in doing so, there by giving themselves a platform to claim more laws & restrictions needed