Author Topic: Keeping Score  (Read 5815 times)

Richpo64

Keeping Score
« on: September 03, 2007, 02:43:52 PM »
I'm one of those baseball nuts who enjoys keeping score, even at home. I have several volumes of game scores in my library. I think my love of baseball score keeping comes from my artistic ability as well as my love for the game. There's somewthing about making the marks on the page that gives me some kind of a thrill.

Does anyone else out there share my affliction? any other score keepers out there?

Also, the Indians are in first place, and may just win the division.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Keeping Score
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 03:16:57 PM »
I'm  HUGE baseball fan, Rich, and love comparing stats between players, especially SLG%, OB%, K/BB ratios & K/9innings, but I've never gotten into the actual score keeping.  Basically because I'm so focused on watching the game.  Maybe I'll come around, but it's not a high priority activity to learn for me, at this time
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 03:29:08 PM »
For me, keeping score intensifies the experience. I'm more in to every pitch and play because I have to score it.

I'm not a big stat guy myself. I can't tell you how many bases Kenny Lofton stole in 1997, or how many home runs Jim Thome hit in 1993, but I love the game and rarely miss an Indians game.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »
Indians vs Angels this coming weekend.  Preview of the ALCS perhaps??     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 05:13:31 PM »
>>Indians vs Angels this coming weekend.  Preview of the ALCS perhaps??<<

Could be, but I'm from Cleveland. I don't count my chickens ...

We've won 9 of our last 10. I'm hoping we're peaking at the right time.

Jwmcc

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 10:49:33 AM »
I used to keep score of every single Yankee game during the season, a streak of 1,051 straight games from the '96 playoffs through the '02 playoffs. And no matter what I always keep score of every World Series game no matter who is playing. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts, but not as nuts as I used to be during that streak  :P

Jw