Author Topic: Good Guy with a gun in a theater in Kansas  (Read 3530 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Good Guy with a gun in a theater in Kansas
« on: November 02, 2015, 05:42:33 PM »
SALINA, KS, 10/16/15: A man was transported to Salina Regional Health Center on Friday night after he apparently accidentally shot himself in the leg midway through a movie at Central Mall. Salina Police Department watch commander Sean Furbeck said the incident remains under investigation, but the gunshot wound likely was self-inflicted. He said police were not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident, which occurred at about 8:30 PM in one of the small theaters behind the ticket sales area. Heather Myers, of Lindsborg, said she and her fiance had gotten a baby sitter for their three children and went to see “Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials” at the Central Mall cinema on a date night. About 45 minutes into the movie, she said, there was suddenly a loud boom about three rows in front of them. She said a man yelled, “Oh, my God! I just shot myself! I just got my concealed carry.” She said everybody jumped up, and somebody screamed, “Call 911!” She said someone used a belt to make a tourniquet on the man’s leg to stop the bleeding from a wound on the inside of the man’s thigh. “I feel really sorry that guy shot himself, but at least he didn’t shoot someone else,” Myers said. “That would have been 10 times worse.” Myers said theater employees offered moviegoers the choice of waiting until the theater was cleaned up so the movie could resume or receiving vouchers for a free movie another time. She said she was among the first people in line for the vouchers. “I was so freaked out,” she said. “My whole body was shaking. I felt like I couldn’t even walk, and I was about to cry.” Movies in other theaters continued to be shown, and tickets were being sold for later showings. MORE: A 24-year-old Concordia man shot himself in the thigh while at the Starplex Cinemas inside the Central Mall, 2259 S. 9th, Friday evening at about 8:30 PM Salina Police Captain Chris Trocheck said Cody Deneault was with his wife watching a movie, when he adjusted a handgun in his pants pocket, and it went off. Deneault was taken to the Salina Regional Health Center for treatment of a non-life threatening wound. Captain Trocheck said the case is still under investigation and it has not been determined if Deneault will face any charges.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Good Guy with a gun in a theater in Kansas
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »
   I would like to know what type and brand this pistol was, this sort of accident should be easy to avoid.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 05:56:49 PM »
Exactly.  And if this theater was a designated "gun free zone", then he wasn't one of the "good guys" either
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 06:12:03 PM »
We could say that a stupid guy with a gun shot a stupid guy with a gun.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »
We could, since a "non-stupid" gun owner is one who knows NEVER to put your finger on the trigger, unless you're about to fire the weapon.  Point is, if he was not to legally carry the firearm into a designated gun free zone, then whatever "permit" he may have obtained should be quickly revoked

And this happens.....how often again?   And how many guns deaths occurred in Chicago, just last week again?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 09:20:57 PM »
This happened in Kansas not Chicago. It has nothing whatever to do with Chicago.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 10:58:48 PM »
Location isn't the issue.   CCW's are

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »
Yet you did not mention CCW's in Chicago.

You mention Chicago because every right wing TV station or website mentions it constantly, because Obama is from Chicago and they hate him and want everyone to blame him for anything violent that happens in Chicago.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »
That's because its near impossible to obtain a CCW in Chicago....and look at the death toll.  Here you're trying to hype some literal non-story of ONE person, who apparently didn't have the where-with-all to keep his finger off the trigger, which is one of the 4 top rules in all of firearm ownership.  Which should have his CCW revoked, especially if he wasn't legally allowed to carry it in the theater to begin with

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 07:22:14 PM »
We could say that a stupid guy with a gun shot a stupid guy with a gun.

That does happen , may Darwinists rejoice.

There must be a foolish way to do anything.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 07:31:22 PM »
Exactly.  And if this theater was a designated "gun free zone", then he wasn't one of the "good guys" either

I don't know about that.

If there is ever a shooter interrupted by a lawbreaking gun toter, illeagally saving a dozen lives , should he be reprimanded to the fullest?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 08:11:02 PM »
Not at all.....but the law is the law, and under these current circumstances, he should have his CCW revoked for 1 year minimum.  Gun safety is that important, and you don't place your finger on the trigger at ANY time, unless you're about to fore the weapon.  That's just firearm safety rule 101, that you have to pass, before you can even be considered for a CCW

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 08:32:26 PM »
Right wing loons are fixated on Chicago. It is like Satan's lair, from whence all the hate emanates.
]
Would more guns make it safer?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »
See Plane?.....this is a perfect example of deflection

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »
  Should the CCW be harder to earn?

I would not mind reasonable requirements, but I don't trust many municipalities and states to consistently use reason in composing such requirements.

Jurisdictions such as Washington DC and Chicago have indeed revived the tricks of Jim Crow where they could to make the exercise of Second amendment rights difficult.

Even the National government has failed utterly to compose reasonable requirement when given opportunity such as the "assault weapons ban" which banned something that it really didn't define.

I worry that all imposition of requirement is opportunity for betrayal.

Did you see the 60 minutes article Sunday ? About the smart guns ?

New Jersey has passed legislation such that when smart guns become available , then no other sort of gun may be sold in New Jersey.

Result?
       Development and sale of these things is pretty much halted.

This makes the legislature of New Jersey seem stupid or evil to people who think the Second amendment is a good thing, but it probably is nothing like what they intended.

I think it is a failure of due diligence to pass law with no effort to understand the subject of the law, I think they think they already understand weapons well enough, when they do not .