Author Topic: Sirs, you have discussed this one before.  (Read 2934 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sirs, you have discussed this one before.
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 04:32:35 PM »
In the entire history of this country, has a father with a sidearm ever rescued his daughter by shooting or even pointing his gun? I think not.
This guy is a paranoid prick. I bet the court rules against him.It sure should.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 05:11:55 PM »
You seemed to bypass the issue that the goal is to prevent.  You don't make the effort AFTER the daughter or other children have been murdered.  A little late then.  He's merely a father devoted to the safety of his children, and those around him.  And apparently the Government agrees.  You're going to lose your liberal decoder ring, if you keep this up
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 07:45:16 PM »
If my car had human intelligence and the personality of the prick that takes his dumbass gun to school, yeah, I would be afraid.

I feel it likely that your car has human intelligence in it once in a while.

The attitude of this I am not guessing.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 08:48:10 PM »
Taking you sidearm to your daughter's school is like getting a malaria shot before you go to Disney World. Except that, unlike the malaria shot, it frightens others.
There is no case in history where any pistol packing poppa prevented an attack on his child.

It is not just stupid, it is upsetting.

Not even YOU are insane and paranoid enough to open carry a pistol to a children's school.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »
Strange how there's really more "human intel" in cars than there are in firearms.  At least for the Civilian consumer

The issue that our dear professor seems to adopt is that the firearm simply "takes over" an otherwise normal sane person, turning them into dumbass prick, intent on wanting to "hurt someone".  Can't seem to provide any examples of such.

It's all about the person, NOT the tool.  A responsible person, approved by the government no less, is going to handle their firearm the same way the professor would handle their car.  A responsible law abiding father carrying a sidearm is no different than a responsible law abiding xo driving his car.  Neither are acting reckless or irrational
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »
This asshole reveals himself to be a paranoid asshole by his insistence on toting his gun into a school.
He is a very stupid man trying to make a very stupid point.

He has no need to wear his stupid gun. He should leave it in his car or at home.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 11:37:54 AM »
So, by direct comparison, since you keep insisting on making this about the tool, and not the person, you must be a paranoid asshole by insisting to drive a car to anywhere, especially when you taught your classes.  I wouldn't have called such an act stupid, but, if the shoe fits I guess

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 06:23:04 PM »
This is a wonderful occasion.

And a rare one.

I can disagree fully with both XO and Sirs.

Oh fabjurous day!

There is a good reason for this man to wear his pistol openly , and to insist on being seen with it on campus!

I am not certain I am reading his mind , but I am doing my best.

He could be wanting very much for it to be well known that this campus was NOT gun free, and that at least some of the armed are well motivated to protect the students.

That the campus is not gun free is not enough , it has to be very well known as not gun free.

This notoriety serves this purpose well.

Hats off to this Texan for making this campus a little less attractive to the mass killing set.