Author Topic: Marquitos supporters guilty of racial profiling.  (Read 3430 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Marquitos supporters guilty of racial profiling.
« on: February 09, 2016, 02:11:09 PM »
"Marco Rubio held a campaign rally this weekend in New Hampshire, and attracted a nearly all-white crowd. Three black women showed up to the event together and found themselves quickly harangued and harassed by Rubio’s staff, who approached them repeatedly and cautioned them about the use of their cameras, even though white attendees were using cameras all around them. The insinuation was clear enough: Rubio’s staffers assumed the attendees must have been opposition spies from the democratic side based simply on their skin color.

The three African-American women in question turned out to be two students and a professor who were attending the Marco Rubio rally as part of a journalism project. Rubio’s staffers working the event zeroed in on them immediately and informed them that they wouldn’t be allowed to shoot video due to their lack of press credentials. This occurred even as white attendees without credentials were filming the event all around them, including a white student who was part of their class. After the three black attendees were approached and harassed multiple times by Rubio’s people, they decided to leave.

That caused a white professor to complain about the apparent racial profiling he had just witnessed, which then prompted Rubio’s staff to ask the three black women to return to the event with full press credentials. No word yet on whether Marco Rubio will apologize for the racial profiling by his staff."
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Marquitos supporters guilty of racial profiling.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
Link please
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 02:13:47 PM »
Are we ever going to get a link to this supposed "story" of racial profiling my Rubio's staff?.....or is is just your say so, again?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:37:09 PM »
Try Bing, 'African Americans harrassed at Rubio rally'. I got several results there.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:44:55 PM »
I'd like to see the specific link and story to better judge the credibility and context of the accusations being made.  It's generally the function of the accuser to provide the source of their accusation.  Generally not the reader's job to try and validate what the accuser is claiming.  If you would like to provide a link, that would be just fine

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 05:34:23 PM »
  I hope this does not happen very much.

No one should be prevented from shooting cameras at any candidates.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 06:48:36 PM »
Yeah, I made it all up.  Then I planted the story online.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »
If its online, please provide the link.  Let's see the specifics and context, not your version of events

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 06:57:49 PM »
I just copied it verbatim, no link was provided. However it did happen. You donlt have to believe it happened. You can verify it or not.
Machs nix to me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 07:42:27 PM »
No link, then the story only exists in your mind.  Perhaps you pulled it from the Onion or off some e-mail from some hard core Clinton supporter.  Who knows.  Point being, no link, then its just your say so, and your say so holds squat, as it relates to accusations & claims.  I'm not required to validate your accusations.  Perhaps you can get someone else to do it, if you're that intellectually lazy

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »
Actually, I just figure, if I'm that interested, it is just much quicker, and easier, to go ahead and look it up on my own than it is to repeatedly whine about posting links. I generally look on my own anyway - there is often more than one version of events, with differing viewpoints. But to each their own.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »
...And as I referenced, I'm not required to validate someone else's accusation or opinion.  If they want to leave it as such, fine with me, as you say, to each, their own  I'll just simply call them on it, is all

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 08:23:11 PM »
Repeatedly.

As we have seen, erm, repeatedly.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 08:41:28 PM »
ummmm........ok      ???

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »
http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/marco-rubios-staff-harassed-black-attendees-at-rally-under-assumption-they-were-democratic-spies/23783/

Even when you find a story six places on websites , you have not completely verified anything.

It is good to find the original source , and evaluate the source on its  history of veracity.

But we do not all trust the same sources, and we distrust each others sources for slantedness and  care for the truth.

So we are really discussing the concepts without agreeing in the facts a lot of the time.