Author Topic: "Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is falling apart"  (Read 2487 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is falling apart"
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:53:26 PM »

Dick Morris: Clinton deploys B Team

By Dick Morris - 02/09/16

Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is falling apart. Bernie Sanders soared in New Hampshire and now two polls have him tying her nationally. It's a disaster.

Now she's called in the B Team, the cynical, paranoid and wacky twins Sidney Blumenthal and David Brock, to bail her out. And here comes the elderly, diminished and livid former President Bill Clinton to lead the duo's frantic attacks on Sanders.

The attacks are rooted in nothing more than a list of dirty names they call the Vermont senator every day. Having found little in his record to attack, they have consulted the thesaurus to turn up ugly sounding accusations.

Sanders has a coherent, consistent and concise message: Incomes are stagnant because the economy is rigged by the top one-tenth of 1 percent that controls politics through massive campaign contributions.

Clinton has no competing message, just the charge that Sanders's supporters are "sexist and vulgar." Brock adds that one of Sanders's ads was racist because it had too many white people in it.

Their strategy is laughable. After losing 84 percent of young voters in Iowa, and failing to recover them in New Hampshire, they sent in two aging fossils of feminism to insult and threaten young women.

The 81-year-old feminist Gloria Steinem charged that young women are only backing Sanders because that's where they can meet boys. And 78-year-old Madeleine Albright threatened to consign to a "special place in hell" women who don't back female candidates like Clinton.

Those are two great ways to attract young voters.

The aging and raging ex-president, meanwhile, speaking to a half-filled gym in a New Hampshire school, ranted about Sanders's "hypocrisy" in condemning his wife's paid speeches. Sanders, too, has given paid speeches, Bill Clinton claimed.

He's got a point. In 2013, for example, Sanders made all of $1,500, which he donated to charity as required by federal law. In 2014, Sanders raked in $1,850 for paid speeches. By contrast, Clinton made, and kept, over $21 million during the same time period. Sanders was only reimbursed for coach class airfare, while Clinton demanded private jets. Sanders's hosts were the TV show "Real Time with Bill Maher," Avalon Publishing and a machinists union. Clinton's were Goldman Sachs, the big banks and the pharmaceutical and energy industries. What hypocrisy for Sanders to use that as an issue!

Both Brock and Blumenthal share the former first lady's enthusiasm for discussing the "vast right-wing conspiracy" in America. Now that they've been outed as being back on her team, it's easy to understand why Clinton sees conspiracies everywhere. This paranoia, egged on by the B Twins, explains her failure to grasp the cataclysmic changes her own misconduct has wrought on her image, to say nothing of the societal and economic tectonic shifts at work. No, it's all the GOP's fault.

Blumenthal worked to spin Monica Lewinsky as a crazed stalker of an innocent president, and his hundreds of gossipy emails urged Clinton to do all she could to topple Moammar Gadhafi when she was secretary of State without realizing that it would open the door and let the terrorists waltz in. He hides in the shadows, ducking subpoenas and frantically emailing his crazy self-serving ideas while flattering his way into Clinton's affections.

Brock first came into the Clinton camp as a convert from conservatism. Before he did so, he outed Paula Jones, triggering Bill Clinton to lie to a grand jury, resulting in close to $1 million in payments to Jones and thousands to the court in fines, as well as disbarment and impeachment scandals. Now he serves to destroy Hillary Clinton's career as well by counseling a scorched-earth policy that savages Sanders and alienates the very young people who must provide Clinton her political base in the general election.

Neither the B Twins nor Bill Clinton's rage can save the bewildered former secretary of State, who cannot understand why a funny thing is happening on her way to her coronation. Voters looked at her and ran screaming.

http://thehill.com/opinion/dick-morris/268831-dick-morris-clinton-deploys-b-team
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: "Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is falling apart"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »
Monica is totally irrelevant to  Hillary's campaign, and Dick Morris is, well, a Dick.
Hillary simply lacks the charisma that Bill and Bernie have.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 11:41:48 AM »
The candidate striving to be the first woman US President actually lost women by 11 points in New Hampshire!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 11:44:48 AM »
I would not make predictions yet.
It ain't over 'til it's over.

I prefer Bernie, but the results are not based on whom I like.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »
Exits Polls out of NH: Among Dem voters who prioritize honesty, Hillary loses narrowly, 93-5%.  Wow...closer than I thought
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 01:00:07 PM »
Those must be the Democrats with the "I prioritize honesty" tattoos on their foreheads,

You fal,l for any rightwing shit you read, don't you?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »
You do know what exit polls, are correct?  Here's a hint....there's nothing rightwing about them
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 01:29:17 PM »
Exit polls that ask, "who did you vote for?" are typical/

Exit polls that ask about one's attitude about honesty? No. That is some sort of right wing push-polling. My guess is Newmax. They do that sort of shit.

Exit polls that actually know the participants' real thoughts on honesty are impossible.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 01:52:29 PM »
Exit polls that ask, "who did you vote for?" are typical/

Exit polls that ask about one's attitude about honesty? No.

If its just a general question, where's the problem?  Just because you don't like the answer, doesn't refute the actual sentiments of NH Democrats.  There's nothing RW about the question, so how the hell can it be RW push polling??  Are you claiming this is your guy, Sanders' BS?? 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 04:26:42 PM »
The exit polls do not normally give the participants the option of commenting on their definitions of honesty.\
A poll that does this is not an ordinary poll.

I get calls all the time that ask unfair questions like "Do you agree that Mayor Gimenez, who appointed the ex-wife of a convicted felon to the position of county treasurer?"  I know nothing of the convicted felon, or his wife, or what the guy was convicted of. But obviously most people will answer this question affirmatively.  I either say "I don't know" or I just hang up. I have had pollsters say that they cannot accept "I don't know" as an answer, and demand that I say yes or no.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 04:34:01 PM »
A poll, rarely, if ever, asks you for a short answer essay on your definition of anything, including honesty.  It asks you this or that, that's all.

So you can rationalize all you want, the facts remain unrefuted, and reported by the likes of ABC & CNN, hardly RW.  When it came to trustworthyness & honesty, those DEMOCRATS polled, chose Sanders over Clinton 93-5

OUCH
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:43:41 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »
Well Bernie is amazingly honest.

It is sort of like asking them "Whose hair is the whitest?"

Hillary will be in this race up to the convention, I am pretty sure.

Fiorina bombed in NH, but said that she cheered herself up by firing her entire staff.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/fiorina-cheers-self-up-by-firing-campaign-staff

THAT is the sort of president we need: one that does not accept the blame for anything and gets a warm feeling by firing people. Voters really get inspired by that.
The mysterious tape in which she saw brains being bartered never seems to have appeared. I think she was dreaming.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 06:08:27 PM »
I would not make predictions yet. It ain't over 'til it's over.

Just to be clear...I am making zero predictions at this time for either party.

I would expect lots of nuttiness and shenanigans are still to come.

The Party elites are not to be under-estimated...
and they will do everything in their power to stop the two "outsiders" from being their nominees.

Xavier...it's going to get very interesting.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 07:10:40 PM »
I'm of the same mindset.  Trump & Sanders may have won NH, but we've only touched a fraction of the delegates needed by a nominee to lock down their party's top spot.  In fact, despite Sanders huge win, Clinton comes out with just as many delegates as Sanders, because she's got the support of nearly all the "super delegates"

In fact, the next 2 votes, SC & NV could demonstrates if Sanders is simply a 2 state fluke.  I did get a kick out of the professor trying to deflect Clinton's abysmal trustworthiness & honesty, with some slap at Fiorina.  So, if Clinton's crew lets go of anyone between now and NV that isn't a sort of president we need: one that does not accept the blame for anything and gets a warm feeling by firing people?  Or are we going to rationalize a double standard at that point?

The oligarchy bought and payed for Clinton, and by God, she's going to be the Democrat nominee.......unless Sanders starts to pull out the honesty/integrity card.  If he does, she's toast at any chance of becoming President

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 07:33:57 PM »
unless Sanders starts to pull out the honesty/integrity card.  If he does, she's toast at any chance of becoming President

SIRS I have asked friends...
is there any way in hell if she is indicted would she stay in the race?
and would the DNC even allow her to stay in the race?