Author Topic: Frankly I don't care if XO prefers this Mother 2 wait for Police & be killed.  (Read 5364 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I do not see this as illegal. I can't see this as unjustifiable.
She was more in danger than her son.
There are many, many more thieves and rapists than people who get their jollies from killing babies.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
I do not see this as illegal. I can't see this as unjustifiable.

But you don't want her to be able to defend herself.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
When did I ever say that?

What I have said is that nearly all the time, the gun is not available when the danger presents itself, and therefore guns are not all that useful.
Are you advocating that women with 3 year old keep a loaded shotgun  and pistol at the ready 24-7?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
YES!!......if she is indeed responsible enough to know the safety around owning/possessing a firearm, which would include keeping said firearm out of the reach of any 3 year old
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Children get shot and shoot others while playing with loaded guns rather often. I don't think we hear about the ones that shoot holes in the wall, ceiling, TV or  the family dog or cat. A loaded shotgun is not the sort of thing  I would have around my house if I has a child there.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
You must have missed the part about how RESPONSIBLE gun owners both keep their fireams inaccessible from children, while also educating their children on its dangers.  No surprise there

And no, its not "rather often" either
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
There should be a national registry of people killed with guns.

Children shoot off guns rather often in Miami. It is rare that a week goes by when I do not see an article about this happening. And, of course, unless someone reports it, it will not be in the paper.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Children shoot off guns rather often in Miami. It is rare that a week goes by when I do not see an article about this happening. And, of course, unless someone reports it, it will not be in the paper.

This is a real problem for anyone who seriously wants the truth.

Most of the people who are motivated enough to compile the statistics , are partisan enough to winnow the statistics as they compile them.

This is why some stats for children injured with guns include 19 year olds shot in combat with police and some don't and some include suicides and some don't.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
We cannot have a national registry of any sort, because Congress has been banned from establishing one. Can you guess who has lobbied against it?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

That makes zero sense.  Why would you make a registry AFTER someone is killed??  A Registry does NOTHING to prevent a murder.  It does NOTHING to prevent a criminal from illegally obtaining a gun.  A Registry wouldn't even stop the shooting of a gun, by a child

There's only ONE reason for a National Registry.....so that Government can track what LAW ABIDING CITIZENS legally own.  And why the hell would they need to know that??  I'll give you a hint....it has zero to do with preventing gun deaths at the hands of criminals

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
    That is not the point tho...

The whole question should be studied scientifically.

But science requires impartiality, and who has that qualification?

The closest we ever came was when the CDC started doing studies, but they turned out to be woefully partisan.  So I agree with the Congress forbidding them from spending money on  what was practically gun hating propaganda.

Now if the CDC were to slant their studies strongly in favor of the NRA, that would not waste money at all , right?

If you want stats, the best available is probably the FBI, but the FBI isn't compiling them in an easily digestible form.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Why would you make a registry AFTER someone is killed??

==============================================
So, you think there should be a registry of future  gun deaths? A cunning concept, but you will have to tell us how you know about the future.

The government keeps a record of airplane crashes and accidents caused by defective automobiles, and as a result, there are fewer deaths.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Leave it to Professor Deflection to again argue a point, no one is making..  No Xo, I don't think there should be National Registry for future gun deaths.  If you payed any attention, which I know you do, just that it doesn't dovetail with the knee jerk deflections you employ, I don't think there should be a National Registry...PERIOD.  And I demonstrated why...as in a Registry does squat, nada, zilch, zero, in keeping some criminal from illegally obtaining a firearm and killing.  It wouldn't even stop a child from getting a hold of a gun that has been irresponsibly left accessible

And putting aside the overt bureaucracy that would be added in any legal citizen attempting to legally purchase a firearm, the ONLY functional effect such a registry would have is to provide information to the government of what firearms LEGAL LAW ABIDING citizens have.

2 wrongs don't make a right.....especially when its a Constitutional Right

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked: