Author Topic: Riddle me this  (Read 13575 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Riddle me this
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2016, 02:51:56 AM »
If you are "vigilant to your faith", then you will resist anything that seems to conflict it with it. In the past this involved believing that the Earth was the center of the Universe, bats were birds, the Earth had corners, the Sun rose every morning, There were but three continents, insanity was caused by demons, children should be punished for the sins of not just their parents, but their entire linage, all the stars would fall from the sky to the Earth at the end of the world, et cetera.

To scientifically study anything, you must start with nothing taken on faith.
This is what Socrates meant when he said "The only thing I know is that I know nothing'. Descartes began his inquiries with the statement 'I think, therefore I am'.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2016, 03:20:25 AM »
You're not grasping the present reality....you, a non believer have no place, position, or authority to dictate to ANY person of faith, how they must conduct themselves based on your selective misrepresentation of scripture.  God did not teach us, thru the Bible, that the earth was flat, or was the center of the universe

One more time....GOD ISN'T A SCIENTIFIC ANYTHING, so the notion of faith is irrelevant to scientific research.  God did not command us not to think....quite the opposite

And you're not required to believe that either.  Yet there you are trying in vane, to convince people of faith how their God is a figment of their imagination, even going so far as to accuse them of Taliban mentality.  Like I said, demonstrates far more of your apparent insecurities, as it relates to God, than anything else.  I'll pray for you
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2016, 09:00:45 AM »
Everything has a scientific explanation. Everything. You seem to like the idea of Mumbo Jumbo, but your Mumbo is less Jumbo by the day.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »
NOT God.  How you can keep trying to apply something limited to humans, onto God is truly how desperate you're making yourself out to be.  As I said, I'll keep praying for you
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2016, 01:19:41 PM »
There is a scientific explanation for God as well. If God were not mute, he would tell you this. Maybe all three of him would tell you this.
God is part of everything.

Every day, your mumbo jumbo is less jumbo.

SCIENCE is not "something limited", except for limited by time, though by human standards, time might as well be infinite. But still, it isn't.

The idea that God is not just everywhere but everywhen is simply bogus.
Time runs in only one direction.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:28:39 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »
There is a scientific explanation for God as well.

LOL...no there isn't.  That's the damn point

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2016, 08:39:30 PM »
There is an scientific explanation for everything, period. To claim otherwise means that God himself is irrational. And one cannot be perfect and irrational at the same time.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »
Not for God......he isn't a function of science.....period.  And there's nothing irrational about that.  Irrational is trying to perform scientific studies on something that's beyond anything science.    ::)

But hey, knock your socks off and waste all the time you want
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:56:00 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2016, 09:43:38 PM »
NOTHING is beyond science.  There is simply a lot of things that are beyond what we know.
There is some sort of rational  explanation for everything.

Every day we learn more, but we probably will never know it all.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »
God is......deal wifh it

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2016, 11:19:14 PM »
Everything has a scientific explanation. Everything. You seem to like the idea of Mumbo Jumbo, but your Mumbo is less Jumbo by the day.

This is an error of fact.

But an outstanding example of blind faith.

In spite of your faith in them I can't imagine a serious scientist agreeing with you.

There is not a scientific explanation for the small fraction of a second before the big bang, and there won't be until we can duplicate those conditions (and survive to observe).

With every development in measurement , every discovery of the unknown, several new things spring up needing explanation, why can't this continue forever?

Humanity is finite , knowledge plus potential knowledge is infinite.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2016, 12:22:04 AM »
There is a reason for everything, we just do not know what it is. Just like Jesus did not understand fig trees or insanity.

Reason is simply a description of the way the world is put together.

We cannot explain it, but there is an explanation.

There were tons and bushels of Mumbo Jumbo
and now Mumbo is far less Jumbo.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2016, 12:25:52 AM »
What you call "God" is a construct of your mind. This is true even if he exists.
The description of God in the Bible is clearly a mix of nonsense and scare tactics to keep the shekels and those delicious burnt offerings coming in.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2016, 12:48:31 AM »
Your human opinion hss been duly noted, weighed, measured, and summarily discarded

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2016, 04:56:48 AM »
Your human opinion hss been duly noted, weighed, measured, and summarily discarded

Let me evaluate a bit before you discard.