Author Topic: "I'm a Young Black Man and I Support Donald Trump" - Time Magazine  (Read 5960 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

I'm a Young Black Man and I Support Donald Trump 

CJ Pearson is a teenage political activist and National Chairman of Teens for Trump

"The future and stability of America are far more important than ego and party"

In the past 15 months, I have found myself supporting four different candidates for President: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Bernie Sanders and now billionaire businessman and Republican Party nominee, Donald Trump. As a 14-year-old, I may not be able to vote in this election, but I am deeply invested in its outcome.

Some have ridiculed me for supporting various candidates across the ideological spectrum. In a condescending blog post last December, conservative radio host Erick Erickson accused me of desperately seeking attention, questioned my intellectual capacity and instructed me to "shut up, and go live life." This reaction makes one thing clear: many people in the "old guard" do not have the slightest understanding of the political philosophies of my generation.

I believe that the future of America is post-party politics. I hope that in 10 to 20 years, the near constant issue of partisanship will be a distant memory.

The shift is already beginning. According to a 2014 Pew Research study, 50% of millennials identify as political independents. In 2004, that number was a mere 38%. Many people in my generation support the person, regardless of political party, who they believe has the capacity and ability to lead. The future and stability of America are far more important than ego and party.

That's why I've decided to support Mr. Trump, and it's my sincere belief that flocks of other young people will soon follow.

The independent streaks ingrained into the hearts and souls of America's youth are the cornerstone of the billionaire's youth appeal. The problems of America's young folks are far bigger than Snapchat and emojis, undeniable truths Hillary Clinton doesn't seem to understand. In the coming weeks and months, while Mr. Trump is releasing detailed policy proposals to deal with the issues plaguing young America, Clinton will likely still be doing what she seemingly does best, pandering until she's blue in the face.

While the past eight years may feel distant to some, the wounds, full of devastation and pain, inflicted by President Obama's agenda remain fresh.

As a young black male, I've seen my community flailing and struggling due to the disastrous impacts of the Obama political agenda, and I refuse to allow the possibility of a Clinton presidency to extend that suffering. After eight years of promises of hope and change, 2 out of 5 black boys and girls live in poverty. Compared to white Americans, African-Americans are more likely to own fewer homes and are more likely to be unemployed.

The policies of the Obama administration have done little to help people of color, yet Clinton has unwavering defended them at every turn. In a recent speech in Detroit, Trump pointedly said: "If Hillary Clinton's goal was to inflict pain on the African-American community, she could not have done a better job."

Trump's message to young people of color is simple: what do you have to lose?

In my young optimistic eyes, after the last eight years of the Obama presidency, there is little left to lose. There is only room to do better, and there is only one goal: to make America great for every American.

http://time.com/4470565/teens-for-trump/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: "I'm a Young Black Man and I Support Donald Trump" - Time Magazine
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
....standard leftist kneejerk rebuttal.....He's an Uncle Tom, and doesn't represent the rest of those blacks
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
    As our government continues to grow geriatric , the involvement of the young grows more important.

Incumbency is such an advantage that the turnover in congress has almost stopped.

Guys like this need to learn the ropes , get in the game and speak up for themselves.

Otherwise what will the young do in our society when they realize how much the previous generation has already spent their earnings?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 11:58:35 PM »
In a country of 330,000,000 there will be a lot of oddballs.
Does this kid know that Trump would not have allowed his family to move into a Trump condo, even if they had the money?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 12:12:16 AM »
Does this kid know that Trump would not have allowed his family to move into a Trump condo, even if they had the money?

And why's that??  Evidence please
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 01:53:14 AM »
So, per YOUR evidence, not only is this over 40YEARS AGO, not only was their no guilty decision, even if all the supposed "secret code words & letters were used", blacks weren't prevented from renting anything, as you claimed

Do you ever tire of being wrong so often??

Now, shall we start posting pics of all the blacks that currently rent Trump condos?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:41:26 AM by sirs »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 10:35:15 AM »
Yes Sirs.....
but gays should support Hillary in spite of her opposition to gay marriage as recently as 2004 (not 40 years ago!)

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
This kid has no vote, he is underage.
He will only impress dogwhistle racists like CU4 and sirs.
Trump will poll lower among Black Americans than anyone in recent memory.

When Black kids sing "Fight the Power", Trump is the embodiment of the Power.

When Black people talk about how they would like to Stick it to the Man, Trump IS that man.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »
Completely trying to ignore how wrong he was with his housing denial claims about Trump, but bravo on the deflection rant

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 01:36:03 PM »
You ask for proof, I give it and you bitch about it. Go fuck yourself, sirs.
Crawl into a Jeffery's Tube and await the Tribble Apocalypse.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »
You proved you were wrong.  You claimed this black yount man, regardless of his financial status would not be allowed to buy into a Trump Condo.  Not only is your "proof" 40years old, it demonstrates that ANY Black could.  Your inference also implied an ongoing issue, in which your "proof" demonstrates no such guilty action, of any sort, be it now, or 40years ago.

Like I said, to you get a thrill out of being shown to be wrong, so often??

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 03:37:45 PM »
yeah sure Trump is a racist....lol

Mexican Woman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dahqHQ8qkjw

Black Female:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxaKUo5naoY

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 04:39:55 PM »
You claimed this black young man, regardless of his financial status would not be allowed to buy into a Trump Condo.

===================
No, I did not. I said that this kid was unaware that Trump was found guilty of refusing to rent to Black people. I suggested that his finding this out might cause him to rethink his position.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 05:21:09 PM »
You claimed this black young man, regardless of his financial status would not be allowed to buy into a Trump Condo.

===================
No, I did not.

YES, YOU DID....."Does this kid know that Trump would not have allowed his family to move into a Trump condo, even if they had the money?"

Your own "proof" demonstrated you were wrong.  He was not found guilty of anything, nor were any blacks denied the ability to move into any Trump Condo.  Your own fricken "proof" said that    ::)