Author Topic: Ode to Yahweh  (Read 4289 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ode to Yahweh
« on: October 07, 2016, 12:47:44 PM »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ode to Yahweh
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »
  The trouble one gets from being hyper literal.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 08:38:02 PM »
No one got into trouble for writing this, did they?
It even rhymes, so it is poetic.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 08:44:09 PM »
  Is there worse trouble?

Being determined to not be saved , that seems like a serious problem.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 09:40:28 PM »
Perhaps God rewards people who can point out stupid aspects of religion poetically.

If he is wacko enough to invent so many varieties of cancer, who is to say how he thinks?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 09:49:23 PM »
Exactly, !

How God thinks has to be higher and more complex than how we do, what end result he desires we suppose at blindly.

We do not see the beginning nor the ending , we are in the middle of a process we cannot see all of.

What we see now "through a glass darkly" will be explained better in Heaven.

Would you say that a potter might love his profession and even love his pots?

Does this keep the potter from putting the pots in a kiln?

Do potters explain the need to the clay?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:51:29 PM »
If the potter were omniscient, he would have that ability, for sure.

Human beings are not clay. If God thinks of us as clay, that would be his problem.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »
   God has provided explanation, little of which gets understood or accepted , and you want more details?

If you are comparing our cognitive ability to that of Clay , we do seem to be more complex and subtle.

But how do we know that Gods ability to cognate is more than ours in greater degree than ours is above clay?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 11:02:07 PM »
Now you are just babbling. Clay is inanimate. Clay does not think.
I realize that this is Biblebabbling, but it is just babbling to me.
There is NO WAY I regard the Bible to be the word of God.
Because it clearly is not.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 12:09:30 AM »
Now you are just babbling. Clay is inanimate. Clay does not think.
I realize that this is Biblebabbling, but it is just babbling to me.
There is NO WAY I regard the Bible to be the word of God.
Because it clearly is not.

First you are going to have to define thinking in a way that leaves clay out, here is a hint, clay stores a lot of information.

Now Clay may have negligible ability to think in comparison to most human beings , but if you measure the ability of clay to think compared to the ability of man as a certain number , how do you know that man as compared to Gods ability to think is not the same or a larger multiple?

It would have to be just an estimate of course , but when I observe the complexity of Gods creation I have the idea that Gods ability to create and understand is many orders of magnitude greater than mine .

But God is invisible so how can I guess at the size of his brain?

This is just my opinion, backed by nothing really.

I think that God is wrapped up in his creation and his stuff and essence includes all the matter of the universe and its energy and its components that we have not yet noticed .

So that God is perhaps using our stuff and essence to form his thought, and the water and its wind and tide, and the pulse of the sun , and the clay.

Where can you point that God isn't?

I am bold to guess how the thoughts of God work , since I have only a hint at how my own work.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »
Where can you point that God isn't?
====================================

Oh, really.  Where can you point out that unicorns aren't?

You assume that "God" exists. Why not assume that unicorns exist?

Then you assume that God is everywhere. Religions CLAIM that God is everywhere, but then they builds churches and generally teaches that churches, shrines, abbies, monasteries, cathedrals, temples, mosques and tabernacles are special places where God somehow pays more attention to prayers. This sort of indicates that religions cannot accept the idea that God is everywhere. This makes it convenient for preachers, ministers, priests, imams, gurus and such, because otherwise there is no convenient place where  these religious professionals can collect their pay.

If god were equally present everywhere, we would not need religious buildings or monuments.
But we have them because we like the idea of having them. It is an emotional, not a logical reason.

If I claim that unobtainium or unicorns exists, then it is not your burden to prove they does not. I must prove to you that unobtainium  and unicorns exist.

If you say God is everywhere, then you must prove it. But of course, God is invisible, inaudible, untouchable, odorless and tasteless (by which I mean you cannot taste God). If there were two places, one god-free and another clearly "godded", then we could compare the two with reality and determine the nature of our universe. But there are no such places.

Clay is just clay. You cannot compare the skills or abilities of clay to those of living beings.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 08:41:48 PM »
  I can make this comparison. I just did , Clay has somewhat less ability to think than do we , but is the order of magnitude less similar or less than the difference between us and God?

Can't claim the qualification to tell you.

Clay has been made into artwork , buildings , books and records, why there are even some computer parts that include clay in their makeup.

Adam himself is a clay product, though this transformation is a bit more miraculous than producing computer parts from ceramics.

How much more does God have an ability to think than we do?  Well we only have hints in scripture , that he knows us in detail to the point that he knows the number of our hairs.  That he keeps track of every creature to the point that every sparrow is accounted for, already we have an information gathering and processing task that would boggle any human .

That he keeps track of everything in fine detail is scriptural and leads me to speculate that it is in Gods nature to keep up with all the details that there are the least to the greatest.

I also speculate that this is needful, not just preparation for a cosmic game of Jeopardy.

I consider the number of bible passages that concern the "word of God"  and its importance.
 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+4%3A12&version=NKJV

"Word" is a unit of information. Not just of language.
      Words perhaps make us up as we are made of information, this would be the word of God produced moment to moment in the mind of God, that is what we are and what everything is.

This isn't such a hard concept that we can't fathom it except we can't prove it or disprove it enough to get any use of it.
          Anyone acquainted with the facts of Global warming understands simulation, which is a model of reality, it is a small jump to see reality as a model also.

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2008-06-23

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »
Clay has zero ability to think. Multiply that by a thousand or a million and what do you get? ZERO.

You might make some sense if you mentioned a guinea pig or a fruitbat. But not clay.

Yeah, sure, there really was an "Adam" and an "Eve" and even a talking snake with legs, and apparently free will. In the real world, reptiles never pay any attention to seeing to it that humans have breakfast, lunch of dinner.

The Bible is very poorly written to be any sort of instruction manual. I would think even a third string angel would do a better job.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 10:01:36 PM »
Clay has zero ability to think. Multiply that by a thousand or a million and what do you get? ZERO.

You might make some sense if you mentioned a guinea pig or a fruitbat. But not clay.

Clay can retain information.

Define "think".

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 10:03:34 PM »
Clay can be used as a medium for storing information, like paper or floppy disks. Clay is inert and cannot act.