Author Topic: Coulter Said What?  (Read 54100 times)

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Coulter Said What?
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2007, 02:23:37 AM »
Scintillating discussion, chaps.

Hey, it beats googling yourself !   ;D
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

domer

« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2007, 02:29:24 AM »
That entirely depends.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2007, 02:30:41 AM »
That entirely depends.

On how interesting your weblife is, or on what "googling" could be a euphemism for?   :D
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

domer

« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2007, 02:32:45 AM »
On what you google. Better than ... googling a slug; not better than ... googling two slugs.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2007, 05:15:42 AM »

I'd argue with you more, but using the phrase "blithering idiot" might offend you.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaa!

Excellent , I can't top that at all , it is too perfectly apt.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2007, 05:28:46 AM »

With this single word replaced by one you liked better he offense would be entirely gone wouldn't it?

It might be lessened, but no, it would not be entirely gone. If you think it would, then I suggest you have not understood both the sentence and my criticism of it.

What misunderstand anything ....Moi?

That seems to be a central difficulty in this discussion , we are discussing some very subjective things , so I accept the likelyhood that I haven't understood you .

Please be paitent with me , I am not trying to frustrate you , I just think you are not accustomed to being so wrong.

You have had plenty of opportunity to explain why I am wrong and to answer my straightforward questions. You have done neither. In lieu of proving me wrong and answering questions, you danced around with comments and examples that had little if anything to do with my complaint about Coulter's comment. You've made entirely wrong statements about my position and suggested I was too ignorant and/or too stupid to understand my own questions. .

I apologise for any inference how ever great or slight on your intellect , such an inference would be an untruth because I have a very high reguard for your ability to analise , understand and describe to make understandable  some very complex ideas.  I have many times enjoyed your very cogent style and your grasp of grand concepts made clear in eloquent prose.

If you ask me what are the limits I set , I have a practctly Zero Zero tolerance , I try not to cause or receive offense I would not use a word like this myself nor take umbrage when someone elese used it. I am still not sure that this answers your question , but in the terms you ask it is very hard to apply it to myself.

Very hard to apply? Either there is something Coulter would say that would offend you or there is not.

All right, if you insist on such bipolar terms then the  answer is no.

"...your pseudo-Socratic ..."

Ahhhhhhhhhhhrrrgh!

He is On to me!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:39:08 AM by Plane »