Author Topic: Reagan Amnesty take II?  (Read 6324 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Reagan Amnesty take II?
« on: September 13, 2017, 04:02:13 PM »
So....our Presidential deal maker, holding multiple bargaining cards, leading with DACA......apparently Democrat Legislators are close to closing a deal with the Trump Administration that will make DACA constitutional, via the legislative process........but where's the return??  I'm hearing there's no borderwall mandate

Last go around, the "deal" was Amnesty for a few million illiegal immigrants for the promise of improved border enforcement.  Anmesty went thru, but Democrats balked at seperate border enforcement legislation.  And the result of that "deal", was amnesty with no border enforcement

Is Trump taking us down the same road?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Reagan Amnesty take II?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 04:32:06 PM »
Not sure i mention this trump is a true capitalist and not really a republican. this deal is likely due something that will help trump himself and border enforcement maybe deemed not to his advantage anymore. remember he was never liked by his party but he was the only workable candidate. Even the klan voted for him despite who his daughter is

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »
uh oh, Cu4...... Trump appears to be throwing any shot at re-election out the window, if what is being rumored....by him included, is to be believed      >:(
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 05:35:54 PM »
uh oh, Cu4...... Trump appears to be throwing any shot at re-election out the window, if what is being rumored....by him included, is to be believed     

Ha Ha...SIRS....you still don't get it.
How many times did you imply/claim/believe he couldn't win the nomination?
How many times did you think/imply/believe he wouldn't win the election.
All the polls said he didn't have a chance.
All the experts said he didn't have a chance.
All the so called conservatives said he wasn't a conservative...compared to who?
Compared to the trillion dollar deficit Republican Congress?
Compared to the so called conservatives that wont repeal ObamaCare?
Compared to the so called conservative Speaker of the House?
Compared to the so called conservative Senate Majority Leader?
Compared to the so called conservatives that control Congress but wont do a damn thing?
Who did he appoint to the Supreme Court?
How many times are you going to continue to have no faith?
LoL....come on man....don't get all depressed again and again and again.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 06:02:32 PM »
But C.....with all due respect, I'm not one of those "many times" folks.  I always thought he could win the election, given who he was running against.  The reason he won the nomination is he made illegal immigration front and center to his campaign.  That issue alone sent him right up to the top of the GOP polling

It's not the only thing that people supported, in supporting Trump, but it s a HUGE reason he won.  And again, with all due respect, you're dodging the question/issue here.  I respect that you're a die-hard supporter of his, but what kind of a "deal" is this, where the democrats get everything they want, and Trump & the GOP get .... what exactly?.... "enhanced security measures"??  What the hell is that??   ???  And what stops the next Democrat President from reversing any of those measures??

He's trading his greatest leverage for......?.....a promise the Democrats will consider funding his wall, some other way??, at some other time??  And he's going to buy that once he relinquishes his best arm of leverage?  And in the process, millions of new illegal immigrants will swarm the border, while those already here, get a free pass......along with the parents who were illegally here to begin with

And you're ok with that??
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:22:03 PM by sirs »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »
"What the hell is that??"

Exactly....we don't know....that's the point.
Have we not learned by now?
this guy does not operate under the rules we are used to
SIRS again and again and again you are assume the worst.
But don't feel alone that's what the media, RepukeEstablishment, and Swamp do too.
Relax...wait until something actually happens before your freak.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 03:21:14 AM »
What we do know is
A)  its NOT the wall or funding for it
B)  can be completely reversed with an ensuing Democrat President

What we also know is
A)  will reward illegal crossing into our country, spearheading another mass wave, just like with Reagan
B)  will provide Democrats a massive influx of Government-needy voters

And you're ok with that?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »
If the legislatures (house and senate) pass a bill funding enhanced security measures including a wall where appropriate first and then passes the New Daca agreement, there is not much future presidents could do about it, absent new legislation.  That would be how i managed the issue.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 03:59:49 PM »
Works for me.....as long as the WALL COMES 1ST.  Border enforcement must come 1st.  Not concurrently.  No clean DACA bill 1st with a "promise" to do something about the wall later.  "Comprehensive" immigration reform MUST start with tangible, substantive. border enforcement, 1st

Been down that road far too many a time to believe that the Democrats would honor some "promise". somewhere down the road

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 03:40:27 AM »
why focus only on the wall ? I have serious doubts it`s even a solution for security since many don`t even cross the border that way. I`m not against securing the border but the i only hear about the wall and nothing else . It`s not even gonna do anything to the drug trade since they use a totally different route. I see this as a possible liability to our country due to labor and cost . trump did mention building  infrastructure and i just can`t see both can being done. Mexico paying for it will not even fix this since the resources are still come from us.

But i do see this effecting legal immigration since already such action to legally restrict entry to the U.S. is  proposed for only very specific immigrants are being brought up. this will negatively impact on our productivity since our country needs more general than an educated work force. example of that is pretty much any developing country.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 04:31:41 AM »
I agree defining securing the border as meaning only a wall is a marketing and strategic mistake. Use the best means available for the locale. and of course the reason for securing the border is so that we don't have to make compassionate exceptions to immigration policy every 5 years. It's for the children.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 01:46:06 PM »
why focus only on the wall ?

A ) because a wall is a tangible object, that has a direct effect at impeding illegal border crossings (Just ask Israel......and anyone that built a fence around their homes).  Nor can it be revoked by an executive order.  It stands, until its physically torn down

B ) It's been demonstrated time and time again, that the Democrats (and many Republicans as well) have no will to want to enforce our border & immigration laws.  Republicans fed by business lobbiests want the cheap labor, Democrats want the future votes.  They'll talk "comprehensive immigration reform", which apparently is code for tangible amnesty but only token speak of actual enforcment of immigration law

So, if they want "comprehensive immigration reform", it MUST start with a wall, because the "promise" of one later, holds no credible water, what-so-ever, given past history.  And if Trump renigs on perhaps the biggest campaign pledge, that got him elected, he'll be a 1 term President.  Simple as that
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:24:55 PM by sirs »