Author Topic: Ayman al-Zawahri  (Read 9853 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ayman al-Zawahri
« on: May 05, 2007, 10:22:06 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070506/ts_nm/qaeda_zawahri_dc_2;_ylt=AoPQ3lMxUs6kbCssF_YwYbYUewgF

"We ask Allah that they only get out after losing 200,000 to 300,000 killed, so that we give the blood spillers in Washington and Europe an unforgettable lesson to motivate them to review their entire doctrinal and moral system," Zawahri added on the video, posted on Web sites used by Islamists.

"The ones who have stirred up strife in Iraq are those who today are begging the Americans not to leave," said the white-turbaned Zawahri, sitting next to bookshelves and an assault rifle.

Is he inviting us to stay?

At present rates killing 300,000 Americans would requir the expenditure of 3,000,000 Al Quieda members and 30,00,000 bystanders.

Are these his best ideas?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ayman al-Zawahri
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »
<<Is he inviting us to stay?

Sure sounds like it to me.

<<At present rates killing 300,000 Americans would requir the expenditure of 3,000,000 Al Quieda members and 30,00,000 bystanders.

<<Are these his best ideas?>>

If you noticed, he invoked the assistance of Allah to get up to those numbers.  I find it surprising that you would doubt the power of the Almighty to affect the outcome as requested.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 02:15:04 AM »

If you noticed, he invoked the assistance of Allah to get up to those numbers.  I find it surprising that you would doubt the power of the Almighty to affect the outcome as requested.

I don't doubt the power of the Almighty , his providence can keep the ratio ten to one or better .

Are we obedient so well that we deserve it ?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 04:41:41 AM »
BY JAMES TARANTO
Monday, May 7, 2007

World's Only Supercower
"In a new Internet video, Osama bin Laden's second-in-command jeers at the Iraq war funding bill vetoed by President George W. Bush that called for a U.S. troop pullout in Iraq," Reuters reports:

"This bill will deprive us of the opportunity to destroy the American forces which we have caught in a historic trap," al Qaeda deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahri is quoted as saying on ABC's Web site. . . ."We ask Allah that they only get out of it after losing 200,000 to 300,000 killed, in order that we give the spillers of blood in Washington and Europe an unforgettable lesson,"   Zawahri says.

Of course this is bluster. According to this chart, the total number of coalition combat deaths in the Iraq war stands at 2,968, or 718 a year on average. At that rate, the count would reach 200,000 in the year 2282 and 300,000 in 2421.

Obviously Zawahiri's taunt is a sarcastic one. He means to call America cowardly, as Osama bin Laden did in a February 2002 interview with Al-Jazeera:

We experienced the Americans through our brothers who went into combat against them in Somalia, for example. We found they had no power worthy of mention. There was a huge aura over America--the United States--that terrified people even before they entered combat. Our brothers who were here in Afghanistan tested them, and together with some of the mujahedeen in Somalia, God granted them victory. America exited dragging its tails in failure, defeat, and ruin, caring for nothing.

America left faster than anyone expected. It forgot all that tremendous media fanfare about the new world order, that it is the master of that order, and that it does whatever it wants. It forgot all of these propositions, gathered up its army, and withdrew in defeat, thanks be to God.

He has a point; America does have a yellow streak. Think of all the politicians and commentators who supported the Iraq war with their votes and words, then switched sides once the going got tough. If opinion polls are to be believed, somewhere between 25% and 40% of the public did the same.

Whatever his faults, President Bush has been steadfast; and our guess is that the next president, even if a Democrat, will realize that cutting and running would be disastrous, and thus will either defy public opinion or help to change it. But if America conducted foreign policy by plebiscite, it seems likely we would already have fled Iraq.

If America is irresolute, al Qaeda is cowardly in its own way--which is to say, dastardly. While Zawahiri boasts about his ambition to attack U.S. soldiers, his followers appear to be targeting little girls, as CNN reports:

American soldiers discovered a girls school being built north of Baghdad had become an explosives-rigged "death trap," the U.S. military said Thursday.

The plot at the Huda Girls' school in Tarmiya was a "sophisticated and premeditated attempt to inflict massive casualties on our most innocent victims," military spokesman Maj. Gen. William Caldwell said.

The military suspects the plot was the work of al Qaeda, because of its nature and sophistication, Caldwell said in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

America's cowardice and al Qaeda's are as different in their origins as in their forms. Ours grows out of strength and comfort; theirs, out of weakness and depravity. Both, however, are dangerous to civilization.

Article
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
And yet something tells me that if you piled up all the little girls killed by al Qaeda and all the little girls killed by American troops, this is a contest that the locals could never hope to win.  In addition, I think you'd find some of the Americans' victims had been raped as well.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 11:40:50 AM »
We all look forward to you demonstrating how little girls are targeted by U.S. forces, and how those who've been caught having raped said little girls are given pats on the back, and an "atta boy", vs prosectued.  I mean, our military being the bunch of murderous raping thugs they are, there must be copious examples you can choose from.   Ball in your court
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 11:55:44 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 11:56:31 AM »
<<We all look forward to you demonstrating how little girls are targeted by U.S. forces . . . >>

Well, I gotta presume all that firepower was targeted on something.  They weren't unloading on an empty desert.  That explosive power was meant to kill a whole bunch of human beings, not palm trees.

<< . . .  and how those who've been caught having raped said little girls are given pats on the back, and an "atta boy", vs prosectued.  >>

Whoa, THAT'S a huge consolation to the victims and their families.  Get back to me when one of these thugs is actually executed.  Ball in YOUR court.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 12:02:29 PM »
<<We all look forward to you demonstrating how little girls are targeted by U.S. forces . . . >>

Well, I gotta presume all that firepower was targeted on something. 

So, that's a negative on them specifically targeting children, like AlQeada does.  Ok, that's good to know you have none, let's move on, shall we

<< . . .  and how those who've been caught having raped said little girls are given pats on the back, and an "atta boy", vs prosectued.  >>

Whoa, THAT'S a huge consolation to the victims and their families.  Get back to me when one of these thugs is actually executed. 

Ahhh, so those who have been caught are prosecuted.  Gotcha.  Cool, glad we got that cleared up.  You'll me know when we start executing civilian rapists in this country, so we can then re-examine your issue with sentencing

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 12:17:02 PM »
MT turns out to be the most pro-death penalty Canadian I have heard of.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 12:23:33 PM »
<<So, that's a negative on them specifically targeting children, like AlQeada does.  >>  

[Scratching head in wonderment at the bizarre scale of moral values on display]  It's better to target entire families and neighbourhoods with all ages and sexes than to specifically target little girls?  Wow, you guys must be the moral aristocrats of the planet.

<<hh, so those who have been caught are prosecuted.  Gotcha.  Cool, glad we got that cleared up.  You'll me know when we start executing civilian rapists in this country, so we can then re-examine your issue with sentencing>>

WHOA, this is gonna hurt.  I really hate to break news like this to your sensitive bleeding heart, sirs, but your country HAS been known to execute people for the rape and murder of little girls.  It's already happened.  Honest.  I kid you not.  Civilians.  Yes.  And I'm not the only one who knows about this.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »
<<MT turns out to be the most pro-death penalty Canadian I have heard of.>>

Is that so bad?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
<<So, that's a negative on them specifically targeting children, like AlQeada does.  >>  

[Scratching head in wonderment at the bizarre scale of moral values on display]  It's better to target entire families and neighbourhoods with all ages and sexes than to specifically target little girls?  Wow, you guys must be the moral aristocrats of the planet.

<<hh, so those who have been caught are prosecuted.  Gotcha.  Cool, glad we got that cleared up.  You'll me know when we start executing civilian rapists in this country, so we can then re-examine your issue with sentencing>>

WHOA, this is gonna hurt.  I really hate to break news like this to your sensitive bleeding heart, sirs, but your country HAS been known to execute people for the rape and murder of little girls.  It's already happened.  Honest.  I kid you not.  Civilians.  Yes.  And I'm not the only one who knows about this.

The death penalty is so contentious that it is difficult to keep up a rate of fifteen or sixteen a year nationwide in spite of haveing plenty of good canadates .

The number of lotto winners dwarfs the number of people killed for the sake of deterance.

Is this an area in which we should emulate Canada less?

<<MT turns out to be the most pro-death penalty Canadian I have heard of.>>

Is that so bad?

No , it is unexpected but not bad.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 12:41:37 PM »

It's better to target entire families and neighbourhoods with all ages and sexes than to specifically target little girls?

No, it's actually better to target Terrorist strongholds, and kill terrorists.  This isn't carpet bombing Tee, and the fact you have yet to demonstrate how we specifically target civilians, like AlQeada does speaks volumes for the lack of perspective you demonstrate on a daily basis

I really hate to break news like this to your sensitive bleeding heart, sirs, but your country HAS been known to execute people for the rape and murder of little girls.

Ahhh, now you're adding a quailifier that previosuly wasn't in your equation.  Perhaps I should wait until you've exhausted all your qualifiers everytime a position of yours has been knocked down
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 03:41:49 PM by sirs »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »
<<Ahhh, now you're adding a quailifier that previosuly wasn't in your equation.  Perhaps I should wait until you've exhausted all your qualifiers everytime a position of yours has been knocked down>>

Maybe I gave you too much credit for knowing what goes on in the world.  The biggest rape case that hit the news so far was the rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl and the killing of the rest of her family (except a brother who wasn't home at the time) by U.S. troops.  I would expect that most of the rapes are accompanied by murder in order to silence potential witnesses.  This one came to light because the local Resistance forces exacted a kind of grisly revenge on two members of the squad who hadn't been present when this particular atrocity had taken place, and one of the surviving war criminals inadvertently ratted out his buddies by blurting out to an investigator (investigating the torture and murder of the Marines, not of the girl and her family) that the Resistance's mutilation-killings could have been revenge.

I thought you were smart enough to figure out that most of the rapes wouldn't exactly end with "Here, go home kid and tell your folks you fucked a Marine or two or three or six or seven, and here's some candy for you too."  The typical rape would likely end with the destruction of all witnesses, blamed on "terrorists" (exactly as this one did) only without the screw-ups that followed.  I'll know better next time.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 02:07:50 PM »
<<No, it's actually better to target Terrorist strongholds, and kill terrorists.  This isn't carpet bombing Tee, and the fact you have yet to demonstrate how we specifically target civilians, like AlQeada does speaks volumes for the lack of perspective you demonstrate on a daily basis>>

I think it's YOUR perspective that's way out of whack, sirs, and I'll tell you why.  All that emphasis on "targeting" and none on the results.  If I start a war and 600,000 civilians wind up dead as a result, it is very small comfort to know that those 600,000 were mostly "collateral damage."  The one who starts the war is responsible for ALL the damages, collateral damage included.

To the victims and their families, it makes no difference at all whether they were targeted or collateral - - they're just as dead either way.

The war doesn't HAVE to be fought in a way that maximizes "collateral" civilian losses and minimizes American military losses.  If the U.S. military weren't such cowardly little shits, they'd go mano-a-mano with the Resistance and take their losses like men.  They fight in a different way and the civilian body count rises to astronomical proportions, to protect their own sorry asses.  And meantime you wrap yourself in that "They weren't targeted" mantra as if it absolves you and your country of any responsibility.  Bottom line is, the numbers don't lie - - Americans have killed thousands of innocent civilians for every one killed by "terrorists."  And hiding behind the absurd distinction that nobody was "targeted" doesn't mean shit - - in a war that YOU started, every victim was targeted because every one was avoidable.  You don't fool anyone but yourselves with that "not targeted"  bullshit.