Author Topic: Wow (Part the Second)  (Read 1731 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wow (Part the Second)
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:46:54 PM »
Lieberman Leads in Lamont's District
A University of Connecticut poll shows Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) leading Ned Lamont (D) 42% to 39%, in his home district, the 4th congressional district. Alan Schlesinger (R) barely registers at 4%.

Says pollster Monika McDermott: "The most noticeable thing is, at least in Fairfield County, it's like the Lieberman-Lamont race is only between two candidates, and Lieberman is the Republican."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wow (Part the Second)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 12:15:34 AM »
Lieberman Leads in Lamont's District
A University of Connecticut poll shows Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) leading Ned Lamont (D) 42% to 39%, in his home district, the 4th congressional district. Alan Schlesinger (R) barely registers at 4%.

Says pollster Monika McDermott: "The most noticeable thing is, at least in Fairfield County, it's like the Lieberman-Lamont race is only between two candidates, and Lieberman is the Republican."

I don't think that Libermans own electorate has forgotten that Liberman was the Democratic choice of Veep pretty recently , nor would his voteing record be good for any Republican to brag about.

This is actually a contest between a little known Republican , a very Liberal Democrat and a Very Very liberal Democrat in a leftist leaning state. If Liberman is leading it may be because only the fringe really wants to loose the seniority.