Author Topic: Republicans and evangelicals  (Read 37204 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Republicans and evangelicals
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 03:57:27 PM »
adultry looks to me like incredibly bad risk
the risk potential is soo high.
ex james cameron.
he makes blockbuster movies and still finds time to cheat.
and is dumb enough to think he won`t be found out.
by a financial standpoint it`s to the womans advantage to have the husband cheat.
divorce court seem to be a better deterent to infidelity than marraige ever will be.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 04:11:13 PM »
Of course not.  Neither is it logical for folks to commit adultery, risking not just hurt feeling, but bodily harm by the person's significant other, if found out.  Kinda helping to reinforce my point, Js

Sure it could. Adultery could be a completely logical alternative to divorce or separation, at least in the mind of the adulterer.

Regardless, Lanya raises a good point. You're basically saying that the only thing keeping you from being a homosexual is your conscious choice. Otherwise, men are as appealing to you as women.

That seems a rather strange line of thinking.

Like Lanya, I didn't have to sit and think about it. Sometime when those hormones started raging, I realized that the girl next door suddenly appealed to me in a lot of new and very cool ways. I don't seem to recall very much decision-making involved in the process.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

larry

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 04:12:50 PM »
I knew kids back in 2nd grade that we called "Tony-Marys" for lack of another term.  The little boy who plays with the girls, who likes to swing and knows all the jump-rope rhymes? Who loves to braid hair?  I think age 7 is pretty certainly a kid who didn't chose anything, except maybe whether he'd eat all his school lunch.
Is there any one sin that is worse than any other?

My reply:

In America, our indoctrination begin from the moment we are born. Little boys are dressed in blue and little girls are dressed in pink. Some boys are circumcise. These are religious rituals and the rituals are designed to establish an individuals identity. At 7 years of age we certainty do make choices and if we make a choices. If we make a choice that violate the consensus of social indoctrination, we are subjugated in many ways, in the effort to make us conform. I for example, refuse to believe in god at age seven. My perants forced me to continue going to church. At age twelve, I had a showdown with my parents and refused to go to church. Every member of my family was called in to deal with that crisis, grandma, grandpa, uncles, aunts. One of my aunts suggested I be taken to a psychiatrist, shy was a devout, bible-thumping Roman Catholic. That is when my father realized, I was being persecuted for what I had come to believe. My father order the family to stop harassing me. With a little help from my father, I survived the battle and was permitted to maintain my personal belief.

Sexuality is something we do not learn. All human beings are sexual. Sexual behavior is part of our cultural indoctrination.  We are not born bigots, racist or religious. The little boy in the story, was not born a homosexual. He was born with a mind of his own and it appears he was persecuted for that. Heterosexual is a word that identifies the way a person thinks and behaves.

It takes courage to tell heterosexuals that they are victims of indoctrination and that their persecution of those who do not share their beliefs and values is wrong. Homosexuals are not sissies, they are one of the strongest willed segments of our society. Homosexuals exist because they refuse to be denied. I to this day do not believe in the existence of a god. I refuse to submit to the cultural indoctrination. Perhaps, the real abominable and detestable crime against nature, is the effort to dictate human sexuality. What shall I suffer for even considering such a proposal?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »
Sure it could. Adultery could be a completely logical alternative to divorce or separation, at least in the mind of the adulterer.

So could Homosexuality in the mind of the homosexual.  Sheesh      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 06:24:44 PM »
OK, do you think you could choose to be attracted to a man?

Answer my question first.  What went wrong with me in my young years, spending all that time with girls, and not coming to the realization of coming to grips with my feminine side, and accepting my Homosexual persona??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 06:28:16 PM »
Answer my question first.  What went wrong with me in my young years, spending all that time with girls, and not coming to the realization of coming to grips with my feminine side, and accepting my Homosexual persona

doesn`t that prove it`s not a choice??

The_Professor

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 06:45:24 PM »
"...I for example, refuse to believe in god at age seven. My perants forced me to continue going to church. At age twelve, I had a showdown with my parents and refused to go to church. Every member of my family was called in to deal with that crisis, grandma, grandpa, uncles, aunts. One of my aunts suggested I be taken to a psychiatrist, shy was a devout, bible-thumping Roman Catholic. That is when my father realized, I was being persecuted for what I had come to believe. My father order the family to stop harassing me. With a little help from my father, I survived the battle and was permitted to maintain my personal belief..."

In my home, it was and is required that children go to church regularly until they are 18 years old. A reason for this is that they may, somewhere during this process, come to recognize that Jesus Christ is their Saviour. Hey, it may happen at age 11 or age 17. Since it is not known when that may occur, all the time is given them until they are 18. It is still their choice, but why not give them as much time as possible? That is the policy here, yours obviously differed. I obviously beleive mine is correct and you believe the one you expereinced was as well. Perfectly fine...

"It takes courage to tell heterosexuals that they are victims of indoctrination and that their persecution of those who do not share their beliefs and values is wrong. Homosexuals are not sissies, they are one of the strongest willed segments of our society. Homosexuals exist because they refuse to be denied. I to this day do not believe in the existence of a god. I refuse to submit to the cultural indoctrination. Perhaps, the real abominable and detestable crime against nature, is the effort to dictate human sexuality. What shall I suffer for even considering such a proposal?"

What shall you suffer? Well, if society continues along its course, probably nothing. Just confirms evangelicals' views that society is going down the tubes, doesn't it? Pretty soon, behaviour of any stripe will okay. Simply fascinating...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 06:48:20 PM by The_Professor »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »
Answer my question first.  What went wrong with me in my young years, spending all that time with girls, and not coming to the realization of coming to grips with my feminine side, and accepting my Homosexual persona

doesn`t that prove it`s not a choice??

No, it points out that I didn't fall into the example put forward by Lanya, of signs of someone who didn't take to the Heterosexual lifestyle.  I had a similar situation, and chose other wise

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2006, 07:35:29 PM »
i`m not sure getting in touch with ones feminine side means one is gay.
ex. a very large percent of transgender people are straight.
sexual orientation is not exactly what the stereotype paints it to be.
ex. bi-sexuals are not just shunned by the straight community,but the gay community also.
just publicly are they alligned.
and strangely straight men are more tolerant of transgender men than gay men.
ex. eddie murphy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2006, 07:56:49 PM »
adultry looks to me like incredibly bad risk
the risk potential is soo high.
ex james cameron.
he makes blockbuster movies and still finds time to cheat.
and is dumb enough to think he won`t be found out.
by a financial standpoint it`s to the womans advantage to have the husband cheat.
divorce court seem to be a better deterent to infidelity than marraige ever will be.

To you perhaps, and to which I agree with.  To others of a more illogical mindset, it's risks are outweighed by the rewards.  Same could be easily argued by that of engaging in Homosxuality.  The former wants someone that's seen as belonging to someone else, the latter wants someone that's seen as inappropriately belonging to anyone.

But I see the problem here.  For 1 side, those who don't believe in the choice phenomnon, as such can't see choice as being anything but wholly illogical, if not inconceivable.  So any arguent demonstrating how illogical some choices are will reinforce their viewpoint that it couldn't be choice.  As you've pointed out, it's very irrational & dangerous for those to commit adultery.  Yet they chose to do it anyway.  Why?  Did then not have a choice?  Is there an "adultery gene" science needs to be looking for?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 08:55:37 PM »
actually I hear the excuse it`s perfectly natural for the man to have as many children as possible.
it`s monogamous marraige thats illogicals
ex. steve garvey
he was qouted of saying he`s trying to help the gene pool.

I think it`s something to do with breaking the rules.
even swingers have affair`s
the rule is you can have sex with other people just makesure you have your partners present.
but even then some of them brealk that rule and do it on the secret.
nothing is enough for some people.

larry

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 09:21:37 PM »
What shall you suffer? Well, if society continues along its course, probably nothing. Just confirms evangelicals' views that society is going down the tubes, doesn't it? Pretty soon, behavior of any stripe will okay. Simply fascinating...

My reply:

Evangelicals cannot even confirm their claim that a god does in fact exist. However, evangelicals feel they have the right to enforce the rules of behavior for society. First, they have to prove what they are promoting is correct. Society is not going down the tubes. Society is evolving and religion as a means of government failed long ago and religion as a philosophy has been shown to be not credible by science long ago.

I don't know if you read the article I posted about "Minority Rule"  That is the issue both church and state are struggling with today. The people of the World are beginning to comprehend that being ruled by elite powers is scheme of minority rule. I do agree, things are going to get worse before things get better. What most people don't understand about the last book of the Bible is that it was written as a warring to religious leaders. What it says, is when the people discover what we have done, the wrath of man will come against the holy. The Bible is a work of art and its metaphors are profound in deed. Non-believers also have an interpretation of what the Bible says. I agree, The church is going to need a real miracle, if it is to survive the growing disbelief of the Human Race.

The_Professor

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2006, 12:58:05 AM »
Too bad people have to think that "old fashioned values" are not relevant today. Regardless of their link to organized religion, there are logical reasons present. As only one example, premarital sex for teenagers is not only against Biblical precepts, but, from a worldy point of view, perhaps teens are not ready for the possible consequences so "Just say no". Gee, maybe God had a good idea there.

Anyway, many of these old fashioned values, if followed, would solve many of society's ills. For example, homsexuality used to be considered anathema for some very good reasons, not only Biblical.

People will continue to justfiy their actions as they have for the 60,000 years of Earth's existence.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2006, 03:05:16 PM »
actually I hear the excuse it`s perfectly natural for the man to have as many children as possible.
it`s monogamous marraige thats illogicals
ex. steve garvey
he was qouted of saying he`s trying to help the gene pool.
I think it`s something to do with breaking the rules.
even swingers have affair`s

And engaging in the act of homosexuality isn't seen as "breaking the rules" as well??

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2006, 04:03:16 PM »
People will continue to justfiy their actions as they have for the 60,000 years of Earth's existence.

Modern humans have been around for over 150,000 years and the earth has been around for ~5 billion years.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)