Author Topic: Cindy Puts the Screws to Pelosi  (Read 689 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cindy Puts the Screws to Pelosi
« on: July 08, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »
from the AP wire, "42 minutes ago"

<<CRAWFORD, Texas - Cindy Sheehan, the soldier's mother who galvanized the anti-war movement, said Sunday that she plans to seek House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's congressional seat unless she introduces articles of impeachment against President Bush in the next two weeks.

<<Sheehan said she will run against the San Francisco Democrat in 2008 as an independent if Pelosi does not seek by July 23 to impeach Bush. That's when Sheehan and her supporters are to arrive in Washington, D.C., after a 13-day caravan and walking tour starting next week from the group's war protest site near Bush's Crawford ranch.

<<"Democrats and Americans feel betrayed by the Democratic leadership," Sheehan told The Associated Press. "We hired them to bring an end to the war. I'm not too far from San Francisco, so it wouldn't be too big of a move for me. I would give her a run for her money."

<<Messages left with Pelosi's staff were not immediately returned. The White House declined to comment on Sheehan's plans.>>

Sure as hell puts Pelosi in an awkward position.  If she caves in to Cindy, it's a sign of weakness and probably the kiss of death in voters' eyes.  If she stands firm against impeachment, Cindy could probably be a fatal spoiler bringing her down.  Maybe Harry Reid can carry the ball for Pelosi and bring the impeachment proceedings forward.  Cindy could claim the victory and stay out of Pelosi's way on the grounds that she forced the issue and it didn't really matter WHO moved the impeachment forward.

Seems to me the worst "President" in recent U.S. history OUGHT to be impeached, considering the number of people killed and wounded because of him.  Ludicrous now to think of Clinton impeached over a simple Oval Office blowjob and the Shrub getting off scot-free after massive crimes against all humanity.  Impeachment of this loathesome criminal could go a long way towards restoring America's image in the world.

gipper

Re: Cindy Puts the Screws to Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 09:38:01 PM »
I thought this board was well on its way -- hell, had long since achieved a certain gravitas, one of the hallmarks of an excellent board -- but now this! And from Michael, no less. Cindy, alas, may finally have her revenge, for she's killing me with this parade of nonsense she calls a life.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 10:34:02 PM »
  Where can I send a check?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 10:39:20 PM »
It's funny, but where I see Cindy as a credible campaigner, domer doesn't even see her as a credible spoiler.

Oh, well, at least I can take some comfort from plane, whose question at least indicates that he sees some spoiler potential there.