Author Topic: " Is Everybody Gay?"- Nope just all the Gross Old Pervs party, it seems  (Read 6625 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: " Is Everybody Gay?"- Nope just all the Gross Old Pervs party, it seems
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 01:50:20 PM »
BT, I'm sure that Knute can speak for himself, but I gotta tell ya, the hypocrisy factor is the single most outstanding feature of this debate.  The Constitutional Amendment and the Family Values and the Christianity bullshit are overwhelmingly coming from the Republican side as are the homophobia and the fire-and-brimstone, as are the gays coming voluntarily and not-so-voluntarily out of the closet. 

Of course there are exceptions to every rule and you are going to find the odd Democrat who takes an anti-gay position.  But it's not in the party platform.

I don't see how it's possible to view this whole issue than anything OTHER than Republican hypocrisy and see no reason whatsoever not to take Knute at his word when he says the same.  And I'll tell you also from my own experience, the only homophobes that I know are very conservative in their world-view.  I don't know any left-wing homophobes, although the Castro regime has certainly been characterized as such in the past.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
BT, I'm sure that Knute can speak for himself, but I gotta tell ya, the hypocrisy factor is the single most outstanding feature of this debate.

See? for some people it's just unheard of that people can be something, while advocating ideas that run counter to the "group think", daring to actually think for themselves....<GASP>.   Such as African Americans that don't believe in reparations, or dare vote GOP.  Overweight doctors who dare advocate that you stay trim & healthy.  Frellin amazing.  And the left complains that it's the right that votes and thinks lock step.     ::)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 03:34:29 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 02:10:12 PM »
<<Such as African Americans that don't believe in reparations, or dare vote GOP.>>

Well, when I said the GOP was a magnet for self-hating closet gays, I didn't mean it was ONLY for them.  Of course, it would attract other similar kinds of scum, Uncle Toms being the most obvious.  Why is this a problem for you?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »
BT, I'm sure that Knute can speak for himself, but I gotta tell ya, the hypocrisy factor is the single most outstanding feature of this debate.  The Constitutional Amendment and the Family Values and the Christianity bullshit are overwhelmingly coming from the Republican side as are the homophobia and the fire-and-brimstone, as are the gays coming voluntarily and not-so-voluntarily out of the closet. 

Of course there are exceptions to every rule and you are going to find the odd Democrat who takes an anti-gay position.  But it's not in the party platform.

I don't see how it's possible to view this whole issue than anything OTHER than Republican hypocrisy and see no reason whatsoever not to take Knute at his word when he says the same.  And I'll tell you also from my own experience, the only homophobes that I know are very conservative in their world-view.  I don't know any left-wing homophobes, although the Castro regime has certainly been characterized as such in the past.

Far as i am concerned selective condemnation is hypocritical to it's core.

With the mindset that Knute requires any Dem who voted for DoMA should be run out of the party on a rail.

One must ask, why aren't they.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 02:20:26 PM »
I'm talking about the hypocrisy of an entire party and its platform, you're talking about a handful of schmucks going against what their party stands for on one issue.  Republicans RUN on homophobic platforms, nobody runs on DoMA.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
I'm talking about the hypocrisy of an entire party and its platform, you're talking about a handful of schmucks going against what their party stands for on one issue.  Republicans RUN on homophobic platforms, nobody runs on DoMA.

First of all DoMA is not homophobic. Secondly Clinton himself signed it gleefully and many prominent dems were 100% behind it. Yet that is given as an example of GOP distain for the gay lifestyle.  Go figure.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 03:20:18 PM »
First of all DoMA is not homophobic. Secondly Clinton himself signed it gleefully and many prominent dems were 100% behind it. Yet that is given as an example of GOP distain for the gay lifestyle.  Go figure.

PRECISELY
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 03:30:07 PM »
How does DOMA actually DEFEND marriages?  In what way is Bob and Carol's marriage threatened by Adam and Steve's having a marriage license?

I can't see how this defends marriages at all. Why don't some of your homophobes Republicans explain this?

It matters not what Clinton favored. DOMA is clearly anti-gay, and is intended to be so.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Knutey

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 03:53:38 PM »
Heavy rounds, incoming, Knute.  Us "homophobes" gotta dig in deeper before the Republican Gay Liberation Front gets our range.  The Party of Constitutional Amendments to Save Family Values is suddenly reconnecting to its gay roots.

Mikey,

You have to admit Knutey is heavy on the disgusting pervert characterizations, but it only seems to apply to GOP members. Seems he would have to be equally disgusted with democrats who lean that way,to be consistent at least. Especially those who voted in favor of DoMA. In fact the dems don't even have to be gay to be considered hypocrits because they as a party are on record as being all for gay rights.  He claims it is about the hypocrisy but i don't buy it.

I think he just thinks his has cover to unleash his prejudices and hatred for gays.

Perhaps it goes back to a rejection at the barracks door. You notice he hates marines as much as he hates gays.

Maybe he needs to come out of the closet himself. Self loathing can't be healthy.
Craig has been married as long as he has. So being married doesn't seem to be a proof.

Are you just too stupid to understand that I do not consider Gays disgusting pervs after I must have said it 5 times. If I were gay I would never have been in the closet because I would not be ashamed of it. You and your closeted ilk can never admit so you turn to the disgusting and sordid part of gayness to express yourselves.
 I somehow dont think Michael will be too upset with me for hating jarheads.

BTW- Your imbecilic PeWee Herman retort is getting waaay overused.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 04:52:40 PM by Knutey »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »
That's oK Knutey. We won't think any less of you when you come out of the closet.

Actually I don't think it possible to think any less of you, period.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 05:31:06 PM »
I can't see how this defends marriages at all. Why don't some of your homophobes Republicans explain this?

All DoMA did was define maririage from a federal viewpoint and though it allowed the states to have their own definitions it disallowed those definitions from being forced upon the other states.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 05:35:41 PM »
That's oK Knutey. We won't think any less of you when you come out of the closet.  Actually I don't think it possible to think any less of you, period.

D'OH    :D

Knutey

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 05:48:31 PM »
That's oK Knutey. We won't think any less of you when you come out of the closet.

Actually I don't think it possible to think any less of you, period.
You can be sure that the feeling is mutual, sweetheart.  :-*

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »
Just for the record, I don't think DoMA was either Clinton's or his party's best moment; it was anti-gay in intent, its entire reason for being was the progress that gays were making towards marriage.  Nevertheless, the Democrats seem to define themselves a lot less by their anti-gay strategy than the Republicans do by theirs.   I think of the partisan hounding of Clinton for example - - the guy almost driven from office by a fucking blow-job.  Sure, SOME of the critics were Democrats - - the egregious Lieberman comes instantly to mind - - but most of the fake-puritanical outrage seemed to be coming only from one side of the aisle.  I think of the way the Republicans took control of the "family values" label and made it a part of their brand.  And of course I think of the Constitutional Amendment campaign, a disgrace to democratic values and principles.

For all of the foregoing reasons, I think that a Republican caught by scandal is a perfect example of hypocrisy unmasked, whereas a Democrat in the same circumstances is usually just political road-kill - - unless it's a guy like Lieberman, who made a point of parading his sanctimony for all the world to see.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 09:05:41 PM »
Nevertheless, the Democrats seem to define themselves a lot less by their anti-gay strategy than the Republicans do by theirs.

Rubbish1. If DoMA is by definition anti gay then democrats who as a party define themselves as pro gay are the bigger hypocrites.

So lets just stop this nonsense.