Author Topic: U.S. Attorney Gets 28 months Prison For Aiding terrorist.  (Read 27346 times)

larry

U.S. Attorney Gets 28 months Prison For Aiding terrorist.
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:49:37 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061016/ts_nm/security_trial_dc_4

Is this justice or obstruction of justice?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: U.S. Attorney Gets 28 months Prison For Aiding terrorist.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:32:27 PM »
<<Koeltl, who cited Stewart's long service as a defense attorney as grounds for the relatively short prison sentence, allowed her to remain free pending appeal of her conviction.>>

She had a long professional life of service and good deeds and this was reflected in the sentence.  The infraction was minor and the zeal of the prosecutors seemed more like witch-hunting hysteria than a search for justice.  They should be ashamed of themselves.  The judge put them in their place.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 04:16:21 AM »
"Evidence in the case against Stewart included a call the lawyer made to a Reuters correspondent in Egypt in which she read a statement issue by the cleric saying he had withdrawn his support for the Islamic Group's cease-fire in Egypt. That correspondent was subpoenaed in the case."

Did her abetting help get anyone killed?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 10:55:58 AM »
<<Did her abetting help get anyone killed?>>

Did anyone who abetted the U.S. invasion of Iraq help anyone get killed?

larry

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 07:42:03 PM »
Evidence in the case against Stewart included a call the lawyer made to a Reuters correspondent in Egypt in which she read a statement issue by the cleric saying he had withdrawn his support for the Islamic Group's cease-fire in Egypt. That correspondent was subpoenaed in the case."

My Reply:

That was an unusual ploy for an attorney. I would like to know what her intent was for making the call. Stewartt just does not strike me as a terrorist type person. It looks to me like the prosecution manipulated the evidence to smear the defendant's lawyer.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 10:23:50 PM »
<<Did her abetting help get anyone killed?>>

Did anyone who abetted the U.S. invasion of Iraq help anyone get killed?

Yes , mostly people we wanted to kill.

I would be such an abettor myself.

Is my question hard to answer?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 10:31:50 PM »
<<Is my question hard to answer?>>

Evidently not, since you just answered it yourself. 

If her phone call to Egypt resulted in anyone getting killed, they would be people who, in the service of the cause that she supports, should have been killed.

Just as you enthusiastically support the killing of the enemies of your cause, so she (I would presume) with equal enthusiasm would support the killing of the enemies of hers.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 10:53:08 PM »
"Just as you enthusiastically support the killing of the enemies of your cause, so she (I would presume) with equal enthusiasm would support the killing of the enemies of hers."

I would expect my trial , were I ever to fall into the hands of the Al Quieda, to be short and the sentance would be to shorten my stature by a head.

Do you really consider her abettment amd mine to be equivelent?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 10:58:07 PM »
<<Do you really consider her abettment amd mine to be equivelent?>>

I don't see much difference, frankly.  Of course, your cause has a lot more innocent blood on its hands, but that's just due to their advanced technology.  I'm sure hers could achieve equally impressive results, given the proper weaponry.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 11:01:23 PM »
   So if we had sentenced her to a much harsher sentance what would be your grounds for complaint?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 11:17:36 PM »
<<So if we had sentenced her to a much harsher sentance what would be your grounds for complaint?>>

Lack of balance.  She had a long record of helping the poor and the underprivileged and the people who might have gotten killed in Egypt due to her phone call were the supporters of a rotten U.S. puppet government torture state.  Basically most of them would have probably deserved to die anyway.  So she spends a professional lifetime helping the poor and the underprivileged and maybe abets the killing of a few scumbags, you gotta balance it all out as the judge undoubtedly did, and give her a modest sentence.  I don't think you can ignore a lifetime of good work when you are sentencing for one relatively trivial misdeed.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 11:30:35 PM »
<<So if we had sentenced her to a much harsher sentance what would be your grounds for complaint?>>

Lack of balance.  She had a long record of helping the poor and the underprivileged and the people who might have gotten killed in Egypt due to her phone call were the supporters of a rotten U.S. puppet government torture state.  Basically most of them would have probably deserved to die anyway.  So she spends a professional lifetime helping the poor and the underprivileged and maybe abets the killing of a few scumbags, you gotta balance it all out as the judge undoubtedly did, and give her a modest sentence.  I don't think you can ignore a lifetime of good work when you are sentencing for one relatively trivial misdeed.

If I fell into the hands of Al Queda I would argue that those killings I have abetted were scumbags ?

This would lighten my sentence?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 12:08:13 AM »
<<If I fell into the hands of Al Queda I would argue that those killings I have abetted were scumbags ?

<<This would lighten my sentence?>>

Considering that you abetted the killing of nineteen-year-old girls, mothers, toddlers, housewives, holy men, teachers, etc., I don't think calling the victims scumbags would lighten your sentence in an al Qaeda court or even in your own country.  Many of the al Qaeda fighters have seen the results of those killings up close and personal and recognized the charred and mangled remains of wives, girlfriends, mothers and daughters - - in fact, that was probably a major motivation to them becoming al Qaeda in the first place - - and I don't think you'd be doing yourself any favours.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 03:07:18 AM »
So you don't see equivelency at all , the Al Queda guys I help shoot are outraged nice guys .

The Egyptions she helped get shot did not include any innocent bystanders.

She should be in Al Queda territory getting the rewards she has earned and I should be getting shot , scum bag that I am.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 11:28:46 AM »
The al Qaeda fanatics are outraged guys, "nice guys" was your description, not mine.

Both sides kill innocent bystanders, yours a lot more then theirs.

And I think you're a little too hard on yourself, I'd never consider you a scumbag, just woefully misinformed and taken advantage of by the real scumbags, who I hope to help you recognize as such one day.