Author Topic: No more secret ballots in Ohio  (Read 876 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: No more secret ballots in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:27:23 AM »
This is why we ought to go back to handing people a sheet of names and telling them to make an 'X' by the name of the person for whom they wish to vote. Surely in this day and age we could get optical readers that could count the votes, but we would still have the paper ballots to check if necessary. How hard would that be to set up?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 04:00:08 AM »
Paper ballots that could be optically read shouldn't be hard  to set up.   I'm not sure  what the problem is.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:22:16 AM »
Paper ballots that could be optically read shouldn't be hard  to set up.   I'm not sure  what the problem is.

Maybe we should ask the Democrats in Maryland - after all, they had this exact system and forced a change to computer balloting because the optically scanned ones like Prince just described were somehow unfair. They gave you a ballot and the voting stations had big permanent markers. You put a black mark in the box next to your vote, and the ballot was scanned.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)